Player Discussion Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
:laugh: That's ********. Therrien can't control his emotions, he's a ****ing passive aggressive child. That's why Bergevin couldn't have him at the end of year press conference last year, and probably why the coward will bail again this year.

Nothing Michel Therrien has ever said immediately following a game has ever had an ounce of thought put into it before escaping his mouth.

Watch the presser again. It's clear as day that he was given a message to run with, and ran with that message. He repeated the fact that 1 player lost the game after every single question, even a question about Lessio for **** sakes. He was given this message by the PR team, knowing he was backed up on this.

This is spiralling out of control.

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
Are you Micheal Therrien?

I literally just responded to the confusion. IceDaddy made the intial comment, Kriss E said it meant nothing, I said no it means that IceDaddy thinks that PK is part of the problem...and the reason why I felt the need to say this is because I'm tired of people hiding behind vague statements like "PK is not as good as he thinks he is".

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Subban as a person, a player and a brand is bigger than the Habs right now. His name is known world wide, he transcends many cultures and demographics by his charm, generosity, athleticism and personality. I'm willing to bet more people have taken an interest in Subban than they have in the Habs.

Trading Subban would be a big loss for the Canadiens.

PM23

Sep 27, 2009
Ottawa
Reading comment on RDS.ca is soooooooo depressing. Habs fan who completely rely on French media are so misled it's sickening. They literally cannot see what going on right in front of them.
The coach ripped up his best player in the most media scrutinizing NHL city in the league. Everyone outside this RDS/TVA bubble sees this... I'm thinking of guys like Karlsson and Doughty. Imagine their coaches throwing them under the bus! They'd be fired instantly!
MB needs to do something. If not Geoff Molson has to step in... Enough is enough

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
There is no way Subban is being shopped, that headline is click bait and is a continuation on MT's stupid comments after the last game. If Therrien doesn't throw PK under the bus this trade rumour never comes up.

Isn't it clear by now that the guys covering hockey for a living have no idea what's going on in the league? When was the last time a rumour actually came true, or a media guy leaked anything of importance more than 5 minutes before it happened. The NHL is a no trade league and these media scrubs need to earn their wages so they pop off on stuff like this.

Even if MB wanted to trade PK it would be a long shot to get a deal done, how many 11M salaries have changed hands the past few years? This is a leage now where a blockbuster is Jones for Johansen or Phaneuf for scrubs.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Not that this is a problem limited to hockey. Look at the Cam Newton sideshow in the NFL this season - guy had a career season and all talk (from both his supporters and haters) was more about his attitude and how he carries himself and what he means to the sport, not about his strengths and weaknesses as a QB.

In fairness, Cam Newton is an idiot for playing his part in this as well. The guy spent two weeks leading to the Super Bowl talking about how important it was for him to keep dancing to celebrate touchdowns. :facepalm:

Martin Leclerc has an interesting wrote an interesting article about the locker room dynamics in Montreal

Martin Leclerc

Mais le défenseur n'est toujours pas considéré comme un meneur dans ce vestiaire. Après les matchs, certains de ses coéquipiers hochent la tête, incrédules, lorsqu'ils le voient se dépêcher à enfiler la casquette de sa marque de commerce avant de s'adresser aux médias. On déplore qu'il privilégie la promotion de sa personne, alors que l'organisation, dont il est le plus haut salarié, préfère que ses employés arborent le logo du CH.

I guess MB should start working on getting 20 other guys who would be ok with PK's branding.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
There is no way Subban is being shopped, that headline is click bait and is a continuation on MT's stupid comments after the last game. If Therrien doesn't throw PK under the bus this trade rumour never comes up.

Isn't it clear by now that the guys covering hockey for a living have no idea what's going on in the league? When was the last time a rumour actually came true, or a media guy leaked anything of importance more than 5 minutes before it happened. The NHL is a no trade league and these media scrubs need to earn their wages so they pop off on stuff like this.

Even if MB wanted to trade PK it would be a long shot to get a deal done, how many 11M salaries have changed hands the past few years? This is a leage now where a blockbuster is Jones for Johansen or Phaneuf for scrubs.

Good post , agree with you ,

This whole thing is about ratings for their crap Shows.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I have decided, after much thinking, that PK Subban is indeed the wrench in the Montreal Canadiens organization.

His dedication towards winning, being accountable and giving everything he has every game, all the time, runs opposite of the team's philosophy instilled by Marc Bergevin, Michel Therrien and Max Casperetty. :rant:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Tampa fan coming in peace... I am not going to give any proposals because I don't think he will be traded... but why the **** are there rumours about Subban and not Therrien? :S

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Tampa fan coming in peace... I am not going to give any proposals because I don't think he will be traded... but why the **** are there rumours about Subban and not Therrien? :S

Because turns out our GM isn't as good as advertised.

Mad Brills*

Subban most likely won't get traded, because he loves the city, but if he ever does, it would happen between now and july 1st.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Subban most likely won't get traded, because he loves the city, but if he ever does, it would happen between now and july 1st.

One thing I've learned..

Never underestimate the level of someone's incompetence once they've proven to have no ****ing clue what they're doing.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I literally just responded to the confusion. IceDaddy made the intial comment, Kriss E said it meant nothing, I said no it means that IceDaddy thinks that PK is part of the problem...and the reason why I felt the need to say this is because I'm tired of people hiding behind vague statements like "PK is not as good as he thinks he is".

Ah. I'm sorry for misunderstanding you, dude. Thanks for the explanation.

void

Jan 5, 2006

"Michael Jordan used to say: 'I'd rather make a mistake than not try at all.'"

"I was drafted by the Canadiens. I don't just want to finish my contract here, I want to finish my career in Montreal."

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I ****ing love Subban. He's my favorite player of all time. At this point, if we move him and keep MT, I'd rather see him win a cup than us. I'd still support the Habs, but I'd be a Subban fan until this organization stopped producing braindead management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad