Value of: Strong package from Buffalo at the draft

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
More like Johnson but if Samuelsson is available sure. Never said a top 10 pick, just a 1st.

Danault is an incredible 2-way Center that shuts down the leagues superstars often. He also brings veteran leadership for a young Buffalo team.

You are under selling Spence. The kid has just done everything asked of him. A 4th round pick that was...

QMJHL Rookie defenseman of the year, QMJHL Rookie of the year, most points by a Rookie Defenseman in the QMJHL.

Followed that up the next year by being the QMJHL Defenseman of the year and first team all-star.

Then his first season in the AHL made the all Rookie team and the First all-star team.

I wouldn't want to move Spence because he's a stud that has 85 NHL games played and he just keeps improving. But the Kings management want to resign Roy and they already have Doughty and Clarke, so Spence becomes the odd man out. I get you don't like the deal but Spence isn't some shitty throw in Dman.
Spence pretty much is a throw in. Buffalo has Dahlin, Jokiharju and Clifton as their RHD and an undersized bottom pair d doesn't move the needle. If you want to swap for a LHD I have Bryson for you, he's another 4th round undersized D that is playing very well but will be squeezed out by Johnson and Samuelsson

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
More like Johnson but if Samuelsson is available sure. Never said a top 10 pick, just a 1st.

Danault is an incredible 2-way Center that shuts down the leagues superstars often. He also brings veteran leadership for a young Buffalo team.

You are under selling Spence. The kid has just done everything asked of him. A 4th round pick that was...

QMJHL Rookie defenseman of the year, QMJHL Rookie of the year, most points by a Rookie Defenseman in the QMJHL.

Followed that up the next year by being the QMJHL Defenseman of the year and first team all-star.

Then his first season in the AHL made the all Rookie team and the First all-star team.

I wouldn't want to move Spence because he's a stud that has 85 NHL games played and he just keeps improving. But the Kings management want to resign Roy and they already have Doughty and Clarke, so Spence becomes the odd man out. I get you don't like the deal but Spence isn't some shitty throw in Dman.
Samuelsson for Danault may be a conversation. I probably wouldn’t do it as a Sabres fan. Adding Peterka and our 1st for Spence is beyond laughable. Spence wouldn’t get you Peterka.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Sabres would likely be willing to move:

2024 1st (let's say 10OA)
one young roster player (Jokiharju, maybe Peterka)
a very good prospect (Isak Rosen, maybe Noah Ostlund).

This is a good package for a team accelerating a retool or rebuild.

They need a shirt-disturbing, wrecking-ball winger who can finish. Or a very good two-way center. Must have reasonable salary and term. Target may be a work-in-progress, but definitely not a retread or reclamation project.

What's fair trade value?
You trade all that for a star player.not a project. Offer has a ton of value.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
You trade all that for a star player.not a project. Offer has a ton of value.

Would do it if it included Ostlund for TK, as a Flyers fan. I assume Buffalo would only do it assuming he resigned so thats implied. Probably target Kulich instead of Peterka (is he RW?) as they are deep on RW, but value wise I would.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Would do it if it included Ostlund for TK, as a Flyers fan. I assume Buffalo would only do it assuming he resigned so thats implied. Probably target Kulich instead of Peterka (is he RW?) as they are deep on RW, but value wise I would.

Yeah, no interest in trading all that for another small skill winger. We have a zillion of those.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
that's the point of a quantity for quality deal. None of buffalos wingers are as good as TK right now or the near future
Then the question moves to acquisition cost + retainment ie how much does Konecny want on a new deal. Those factors determine the viability of whether a productive ELC makes more sense than an extra 5 or 6mil for some extra points

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Then the question moves to acquisition cost + retainment ie how much does Konecny want on a new deal. Those factors determine the viability of whether a productive ELC makes more sense than an extra 5 or 6mil for some extra points
What's your offer then

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If LAK wanted to move on from Danault BUF could offer something built around Samuelsson (or Johnson).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
that's the point of a quantity for quality deal. None of buffalos wingers are as good as TK right now or the near future

Personally nothing. Buffalo needs a defensive center to win face-offs and matchup, as well as a couple grizzled nasty wingers. Konecny is a nice player but doesn't bring what the team means

See, exactly what I've been saying. Konecny is a fine player. He's not a superstar. He's not bringing anything else Buffalo is really missing. If you're asking the Sabres to move a very productive ELC player like Peterka + a top 10 pick +, you better be bringing something f***ing special to the table. Konecny isn't.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
See, exactly what I've been saying. Konecny is a fine player. He's not a superstar. He's not bringing anything else Buffalo is really missing. If you're asking the Sabres to move a very productive ELC player like Peterka + a top 10 pick +, you better be bringing something f***ing special to the table. Konecny isn't.
Don't forget the OP added an A+ prospect to the package.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
See, exactly what I've been saying. Konecny is a fine player. He's not a superstar. He's not bringing anything else Buffalo is really missing. If you're asking the Sabres to move a very productive ELC player like Peterka + a top 10 pick +, you better be bringing something f***ing special to the table. Konecny isn't
There's a huge difference between a player not suiting your needs and being nothing special. Frankly konecny is in the same tier as the guy you are trying to replace in eichel. He'll get a similar return should the flyers deal him . I don't think you get into that next tier without adding

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
There's a huge difference between a player not suiting your needs and being nothing special. Frankly konecny is in the same tier as the guy you are trying to replace in eichel. He'll get a similar return should the flyers deal him . I don't think you get into that next tier without adding

Feel free to go ask Vegas fans how many of them would trade Eichel for Konecny 1-for-1. Pretty confident you’ll find the answer is none.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Feel free to go ask Vegas fans how many of them would trade Eichel for Konecny 1-for-1. Pretty confident you’ll find the answer is none.
Flyers say no. He doesn't fit the timeline . Vegas doesn't have the pieces Philly would want and TK has a better contract

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
An undersized 60pt winger in the final year of his contract doesn't garner a premium return. You could reasonably expect a low 1st and a B prospect
Getting him at the draft gives a team the full year to negotiate that ups his value . Also considering what kadri went for I think you are looking too much at the BMI and not the player and his play style . Tk gets a three piece deal player pick prospect. Buffalo can beat that with higher end pieces if they're interested enough in competing.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Getting him at the draft gives a team the full year to negotiate that ups his value . Also considering what kadri went for I think you are looking too much at the BMI and not the player and his play style . Tk gets a three piece deal player pick prospect. Buffalo can beat that with higher end pieces if they're interested enough in competing.
Buffalo has no cap wiggle room to negotiate with a high priced winger unless they are elite ala Kaprizov and even then you are probably looking at an equally separate move i.e dealing someone like power/cozens/tage, Considering I wouldn't trade any of those 3 for TK across I don't see the point in a trade for him. And that is in no way a knock on TK or Philly fans on here. Adding a high price winger of his particular ilk just insn't in our short-to-long term budget especially when we are bursting at the seams with wing prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad