Value of: Strong package from Buffalo at the draft

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Travis Koency would be the guy I would go after. Not sure he is available. He is going to be a ufa but will be a young one. So giving him a long term contract will not be problem.
The sabers have the pieces that get the flyers interested. I love Savoie but buffalo has multiple playmaking centers. This year or next year's pick would be included. Konecny isn't going to go cheap

Reactions: BernieParent

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The sabers have the pieces that get the flyers interested. I love Savoie but buffalo has multiple playmaking centers. This year or next year's pick would be included. Konecny isn't going to go cheap

I don’t see how undersized wingers is a thing people think Buffalo is lacking. Konecny’s a fine player, but he’s not a guy Buffalo should empty the cupboards for.

I also doubt Adams would even entertain moving Savoie unless there’s a bona fide superstar coming to Buffalo.

Reactions: Gabrielor

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Peterka is starting to become the whipping boy around Buffalo. Nobody takes into account he’s been heartbroken this entire year playing without his true love Jack Quinn (who we cannot wait to get back in Buffalo).

Whipping boy for the morons in the city. He's a plus player who leads the Sabres in goals with 21 and has 39 points. He might be a top-five player from the 2020 draft. The great Lafreniere has 18 goals and 39 points and is a negative plater on a powerhouse. There is zero chance I would trade Lafreniere for Peterka. Stutzle and probably Byfield now are ahead of him from that draft. Probably Sanderson. Seth Jarvis. I guess Raymond but I might rather have Peterka. He is a stud. Sabres management knows it too. He will only be moved for a Tkachuk level player not for some aging 30-year-old who fits some hole in Sabres lineup.

Sabres pick going to be a lot higher than 10. Way they playing.
Not sure about that.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Whipping boy for the morons in the city. He's a plus player who leads the Sabres in goals with 21 and has 39 points. He might be a top-five player from the 2020 draft. The great Lafreniere has 18 goals and 39 points and is a negative plater on a powerhouse. There is zero chance I would trade Lafreniere for Peterka. Stutzle and probably Byfield now are ahead of him from that draft. Probably Sanderson. Seth Jarvis. I guess Raymond but I might rather have Peterka. He is a stud. Sabres management knows it too. He will only be moved for a Tkachuk level player not for some aging 30-year-old who fits some hole in Sabres lineup.

Not sure about that.
They red hot

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Not sure about that.

Sir, I am not a moron from the city. I am a moron from a different city that is a fan of the Sabres.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If Buffalo adds a forward, he won't he making more than 4.5 unless some salary is moved the other way.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I don’t see how undersized wingers is a thing people think Buffalo is lacking. Konecny’s a fine player, but he’s not a guy Buffalo should empty the cupboards for.

I also doubt Adams would even entertain moving Savoie unless there’s a bona fide superstar coming to Buffalo.
He's not a superstar but he's about as good a player as becomes available . Undoubtedly a top line talent but the flyers need three of them and four years younger

Reactions: BernieParent

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Like Dahlin, Power, Or Byram?

Or you talking Samuelsson and/or Johnson?

So you think Danault and Spence gets you a top 10 pick, Peterka and Samuelsson or even someone like Byram?

Or am I crazy?
More like Johnson but if Samuelsson is available sure. Never said a top 10 pick, just a 1st.

I'm sure KA would be overjoyed by that offer, a 31yo with 3 more years at 5.5mil and a not very impressive undersized RHD wouldn't return the 1st let alone adding Peterka and a LHD
Danault is an incredible 2-way Center that shuts down the leagues superstars often. He also brings veteran leadership for a young Buffalo team.

You are under selling Spence. The kid has just done everything asked of him. A 4th round pick that was...

QMJHL Rookie defenseman of the year, QMJHL Rookie of the year, most points by a Rookie Defenseman in the QMJHL.

Followed that up the next year by being the QMJHL Defenseman of the year and first team all-star.

Then his first season in the AHL made the all Rookie team and the First all-star team.

I wouldn't want to move Spence because he's a stud that has 85 NHL games played and he just keeps improving. But the Kings management want to resign Roy and they already have Doughty and Clarke, so Spence becomes the odd man out. I get you don't like the deal but Spence isn't some shitty throw in Dman.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Sabres have drafted pretty much top 10 for over a decade. That's nuts.
12 years without a Playoff birth is incredibly bad….
I’ve been a ranger fan a long time and remember the dark days…..
But we would trade 1st rd picks, sign players to contracts they weren’t worth, etc
Just poorly run…
Sabres not only had their 1sts, but for multiple years, they’ve had multiple 1sts …….

if they miss again next season, I’d expect guys to want out/ask out quietly or publicly…
Sabres fans should expect and exodus as well…
Not their ELC young guys, but older guys like Tuch etc for sure if they feel their prime is being wasted….
Ottawa is going to be in a similar situation as well.
Their fans also proclaimed they’d be a perennial powerhouse by know with their young core locked up and good youth in the system

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad