Rumor: Strickland: EDM has 7 and 8yr deals confirmed with Hyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Edmonton doesnt need Toronto to do anything. They can just wait a couple days and hold on to their picks.

It's funny you mention favours because it seems like both teams had the opportunity to do eachother favours. Toronto gets something, which is better than nothing and Edmonton adds on the extra year. I cant believe how many leaf fans are buying into his lies. He capped out your team, is losing one of your best players for nothing and is trying to pull a media stunt to deflect any attention directed his way.

Go ahead leaf fans. Keep sipping his koolaid and blame others for your problems.
Edmonton wants Toronto to trade Hyman to them so that they can save about $400k in cap space for the next 7 seasons. Dubas thinks that's worth more than Holland is willing to pay. This seems like brinkmanship and I'd guess that they end up will a deal at the deadline.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
One of the Leafs' best players?

He's a good complementary player but Hyman was never a part of the core.

As for the trade, I think these two GMs might just figure something out before the deadline. They could be applying a bit of pressure on each other through the media. If not, this isn't a big deal for either side anyway.

Who do you see replacing him in the Leafs top 6? Someone internally or someone outside of the organization?

Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
One of the Leafs' best players?

He's a good complementary player but Hyman was never a part of the core.

As for the trade, I think these two GMs might just figure something out before the deadline. They could be applying a bit of pressure on each other through the media. If not, this isn't a big deal for either side anyway.

I agree that Edmonton is happy to just wait and give him the 7 year contract on Wednesday. I just dont get why Toronto would pass on an asset out of spite when the alternative is nothing.

I never said he was part of the core, I just said hes one of your best players. I didnt say he was your best player, just one of your best players. Hyman was probably your best forward after the "big 4". Not sure why fans would suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Edmonton wants Toronto to trade Hyman to them so that they can save about $400k in cap space for the next 7 seasons. Dubas thinks that's worth more than Holland is willing to pay. This seems like brinkmanship and I'd guess that they end up will a deal at the deadline.

At the expense of adding another year. Seems like leafs keep forgetting that to support their narrative.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
What the hell are you talking about?

If the Oilers sign Hyman for 7 years at 5.5M that's 38.5M against the cap. If they sign him at 5.1M for 8 years that's
40.8M in total cap.

It actually costs the Oilers 2.3M more in total cap to add the extra year.
People are working off the contract being $40 million spread over 7 years that is an AVV of 5.71 over 8 it is an AVV of 5. I don't know nor do I think anyone eslse knows exactly what the contract is save Renaylds, Dubas, Hyman and Holland, but the speculation is $4oM

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
At the expense of adding another year. Seems like leafs keep forgetting that to support their narrative.
The narrative is and has been if Edmonton wants the sign and trade, they have to pay. If they don't then sign him on the 28th. It has very little to do with Toronto or Dubas. Edmonton has the right to make the decision.

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
There narritve is and has been if Edmonton wants the sign and trade, they have to pay. If they don't then sign him on the 28th. It has very little to do with Toronto or Dubas. Edmonton has the right to make the decision.

This is called a false dilemma. Telling Edmonton that they only have two options (take it or leave) on their terms is a false narrative. Instead Toronto could reconsider their terms and asking price.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
This is called a false dilemma. Telling Edmonton that they only have two options (take it or leave) on their terms is a false narrative. Instead Toronto could reconsider their terms and asking price.
Yeah, that is what negotiation is for. It is possibly on going. Reconsidering their price is not accepting Edmonton's proposal.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
People are working off the contract being $40 million spread over 7 years that is an AVV of 5.71 over 8 it is an AVV of 5. I don't know nor do I think anyone eslse knows exactly what the contract is save Renaylds, Dubas, Hyman and Holland, but the speculation is $4oM

The speculation is also 7 years x 5.5M or 8 years x 5.1M. Thus the 400k you guys keep talking about while ignoring that the Oilers still taking on the 8th year and 2.3M in additional cap (38.5M to 40.8M)

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Are oilers fans seriously going to watch their gm sign zack fricken Hyman to the reported deal and not call for his firing? Right after the Duncan Keith trade!
Seriously?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Are oilers fans seriously going to watch their gm sign zack fricken Hyman to the reported deal and not call for his firing? Right after the Duncan Keith trade!
Seriously?

Team gets swept and all they do is replace Larsson with Duncan Keith and add Hyman. They are wasting two incredible talents.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lets ignore the 8th year and 5M hit.
Dubas should pay Holland for it ;)
There is no deadline anymore, Chances of Hyman getting a 8yr deal with TML is higher than a 8yr deal with EDM.
Both GMs have moved on and it's a 40M over 7yr deal on Wednesday

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Seriously?
Bad contract. Good player. Will improve the team at the end of the day making it palatable.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The speculation is also 7 years x 5.5M or 8 years x 5.1M. Thus the 400k you guys keep talking about while ignoring that the Oilers still taking on the 8th year and 2.3M in additional cap (38.5M to 40.8M)
It doesn't matter to me what deal they make. Like I said, it have very little to do with Dubas or the Leafs. They can make a deal on a sign and trade or wait until Wednesday. Edmonton has to make that decision.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Seriously?
Fans will see if the duo helps them win games next season before calling for firings. Also, lots of months left before the puck drop and Holland still has more cap to spend and should be adding one more piece at each spot (net,D and up front)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It doesn't matter to me what deal they make. Like I said, it have very little to do with Dubas or the Leafs. They can make a deal on a sign and trade or wait until Wednesday. Edmonton has to make that decision.
Decision made. Oilers walk. Ball back in Dubas court to try to salvage a free asset. Maybe he'll do a couple Yoga sessions to tame his ego.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Edmonton doesnt need Toronto to do anything. They can just wait a couple days and hold on to their picks.

It's funny you mention favours because it seems like both teams had the opportunity to do eachother favours. Toronto gets something, which is better than nothing and Edmonton adds on the extra year. I cant believe how many leaf fans are buying into his lies. He capped out your team, is losing one of your best players for nothing and is trying to pull a media stunt to deflect any attention directed his way.

Go ahead leaf fans. Keep sipping his koolaid and blame others for your problems.
No ones blaming anyone here, why so defensive? Dubas lies what? What load of nonesense. I'm not the biggest Dubas fan and they way he has constructed the team. That said he's trying to get max value in a trade for doing EDM a favour. 100% on board with his approach here. Sorry but there's nothing in it for the leafs. A 6th rounder who cares. EDM is free to sign Hyman Monday, and good luck. You're probably better off with a 7 year deal anyway. I suspect Holland will in the end pay the higher draft pick to get the lower aav.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think leaf fans are getting hung up on the term "free asset". If you want we can call it "an asset that you receive without costing the team anything". That doesnt quite role off the tongue the same way though.
LOL. Is that what Leaf Fans joke or jab is all about? I know in his eyes he thought it was witty, I don't think anyone really understood it though despite consistent repetition.

Reactions: McDoused

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
LOL. Is that what Leaf Fans joke or jab is all about? I know in his eyes he thought it was witty, I don't think anyone really understood it though despite consistent repetition.
Most people understand free is free and not free involves something in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad