Streit placed on waivers (Update: contract terminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Unless the plan is:

Schlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Davidson-Benn
Jerabek-Morrow

But Mete should stay. He's been Montreal's best puck mover on the blue line. That's pretty sad in its own right, but he deserves to stay.

I totally agree that he deserves to stay. but at this point they need to make a smart decision, I would let him play vs the Leafs and take the trip out West, well deserved but then take that decision coming back. If the team continues to struggle, do we want him to be around? If the team is going to struggle and be a 500 team, I'd rather him go back to Juniors, dominate and play in the WJ. I guess we will soon find out.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I'm not surprised...

This signing confirms to me that MB knows his team has big holes and that he is trying to patch them with quantity instead of repairing them with quality.

This is a nothing signing as far as the team is concerned, but it does show MBs philosophy, which I vehemently disagree with.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This could mean that Schlemko is ready to come back. And maybe sending Streit out, they have a spot for Mete to stick around past the 9 games should they choose to keep him.

Reactions: Agalloch

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
For the Leafs game, I'd go with this

Mete - Weber

Alzner - Petry

Schlemko - Davidson

Benn

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
So I imagine for the time being the D looks like:

Mete-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Benn
Davidson
(Jerabek-Lernout)

Outside of Benn I like it.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
It`s hindsight but he should have been offered a PTO and not a contract.

Let these type players earn their contract in training camp, the way that Fleischman did.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Anyone looking at this like "lol Bergevin what a terrible signing" has no idea how being a GM works. Streit was signed to compete with Davidson, Mete, Jerabek, and Lernout for a roster spot. He didn't make it, he's cut. That's it.

Reactions: Souffle

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
In the end, his cap space is 30,000$ (more or less). So that gamble failed... like all of us knew but he will do nothing in the long run.

Who cares?

I know Montreal has a ton of cap space, but it a 35+ contract. There is NO cap relief from sending him to the minors. Unless he's traded or retires, Montreal has one million in dead cap space.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Schlemko is better than Streit, Benn, Davidson and Alzner but shouldn't be expected to play a top 4 role.

So a guy who in just over 3 seasons is playing with his 6 NHL team (+ AHL stint) is better than 1/2 of our D...we suck.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Anyone looking at this like "lol Bergevin what a terrible signing" has no idea how being a GM works. Streit was signed to compete with Davidson, Mete, Jerabek, and Lernout for a roster spot. He didn't make it, he's cut. That's it.
When you have 4 d-men competing for 1 roster spot, you don't need to sign a 39 year old d who was clearly finished the year prior. It was a silly signing then and it remains so.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Wow really? And here I thought... Oh well, even the best can be wrong. Refreshing. Yet, surprisingly enough, the non-professionnals kinda knew it would turn out this way. Must be an exception.

He and Wilde are now on twitter acting like everything is no big deal, after assaulting fans all summer for criticizing moves like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad