GDT: Streaking Edition | Columbus @ Pittsburgh | 7 PM EST

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Who could use a night off more?

1709680697891.png

1709680791962.png

Hint: One of these guys has a history of back trouble and is 7 years older than the guy with no history of back trouble.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ever have a job where you wonder how all the management people got their jobs and then you move on and a few years later the place is out of business? Because I have.

One day we are going to read an article or hear a podcast and someone is going to tell some crazy story about the Jackets. It will be someone like Nyquist or Gudbranson that has been around. And it will start with a question like “What is the weirdest thing you ever saw during your career?”
Pretty much the entirety of my career has been in academia or for not-for-profits. But I did intern one summer during my college days at a CLEC that felt that way. It didn't die outright; it just got acquired and eaten.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Werenski has 9 points in 11 games and is a +1. +5 and 3 points in his last 2. Don't think he needs to sit.

Jenner has 11 points in those 11 games, and is +4.

The right guy is getting a break.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
You think the Boone proposal flood is bad now? Healthy scratch him and see what happens.

I am in the trade Jenner while he has value camp.

(I would also replace him with a veteran or two who has played deep into the playoffs.)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Who could use a night off more?

View attachment 829941

View attachment 829945

Hint: One of these guys has a history of back trouble and is 7 years older than the guy with no history of back trouble.
Can we stop with the Boone Jenner history of back trouble...it literally happened almost 10 years ago. If it was a serious issue he would consistently be missing time with it. He missed a handful of games in '17 because a lower back and missed 2 games at the end of the season in '22.

I don't know a single 30 year old whose back doesn't hurt from time to time, let alone a professional athlete in a contact sport.

One of those players is a kid and the other is a grizzled vet who has over a decade of NHL experience.

Last edited:

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Boqvist played 8 straight games coming out of the break, had 1 point and was -5 for those games and was sat the 2nd game of a back to back.

Marchenko has played all the games (11) after the break, 7 points, -5. He is being sat the 2nd game of a back to back.

Oh no.
Boqvist is a d-man, may not have as many points, but his play helps the transition to OZ very much. Marchenko is a forward. In addition, Sillinger's line is playing great right now so that has had an effect on Voronkov's line time, which has had a worse time. But it won't be forever.

Unfortunately, this is the result of three offensive lines. So either all three lines will have roughly equal time in 5x5 game (and that includes Jenner and Gaudreau), or the third line should have a grinder, not something similar to what Tampa has.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Boone was shut down end of 22-23 season because he was in tears from his back hurting

Boone was shut down end of 22-23 season because he was in tears from his back hurting
Also, read somewhere , I need to find , that Boquist - Werenski are 5th in nhl , 5 on 5 play of all defensive pairs

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Also, read somewhere , I need to find , that Boquist - Werenski are 5th in nhl , 5 on 5 play of all defensive pairs
If they were worried about Boones back he would be playing limited minutes and they would be resting him throughout the season, especially in a season that's already lost.

Reactions: VABUCK

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I can’t believe Vincent is sitting Marchenko tonight, especially since he has no 12th forward to play and wants to go with 7 DMen.

Good call! Who in their right mind wouldn’t want to do everything possible to get Peeke into the lineup. :sarcasm:

This isn’t just a scratch. It’s an embarrassmentto Marchenko since his parents have travelled far to see him play in 4 games. Uh, make that 3 games. I guess Vincent thought it’d give time to sit with his parents and have some bonding time. I’ll take the mantle of the guy who say wait for people to overreact. What Vincent did was a d*ck move, apparently wanting to show he can outd*ck Babcock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Boqvist is a d-man, may not have as many points, but his play helps the transition to OZ very much. Marchenko is a forward. In addition, Sillinger's line is playing great right now so that has had an effect on Voronkov's line time, which has had a worse time. But it won't be forever.

Unfortunately, this is the result of three offensive lines. So either all three lines will have roughly equal time in 5x5 game (and that includes Jenner and Gaudreau), or the third line should have a grinder, not something similar to what Tampa has.
My point was these guys weren't tearing it up and were sat the 2nd game of a back to back, nothing really to complain about with them being sat. It means nothing.

People right now are so bent on ripping Vincent, that whatever he does is bad. He could have eggs for breakfast, and people will say that he is wrong and should have had pancakes.

Guy is in his first year. If he is able to right the ship and move in a good direction, great. Even if he does, there is no guarantee the new GM keeps him.

If not, it will take care of itself. We have no idea what the Jackets are doing because of the GM search. There will most likely be even more growing pains before this team figures it out.

Reactions: CBJx614

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I was excited about this game. I actually have the time to watch it. Greaves is starting. I hate the Pens. I was going to sit down, hopefully enjoy myself, and key in on two lines - the Sillinger/Nylander line and the Russian line. I was not excited to watch the game to see the hard working captain who everyone says is a hard worker or that kid from Columbus Jack Roslovic. I want to watch the future. The present is awful - last place in the East. Again. Marchenko is benched so we can play 7 guys who can’t play defense instead of 6? That makes no sense.

joybang

Apr 5, 2021
I can’t believe Vincent is sitting Marchenko tonight, especially since he has no 12th forward to play and wants to go with 7 DMen.

Good call! Who in their right mind wouldn’t want to do everything possible to get Peeke into the lineup. :sarcasm:

This isn’t just a scratch. It’s an embarrassmentto Marchenko since his parents have travelled far to see him play in 4 games. Uh, make that 3 games. I guess Vincent thought it’d give time to sit with his parents and have some bonding time. I’ll take the mantle of the guy who say wait for people to overreact. What Vincent did was a d*ck move, apparently wanting to show he can outd*ck Babcock.
His parents already returned home according to Portzline.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Watch these guys get tired of being jacked around & decide to go to the KHL

Reactions: LJ7

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

This post woke me up. I needed something after the Zach/Jets ad.

• Haha
Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nice. Let him be wide open in the slot and the turnovers have mounted.

So sloppy so far

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes