GDT: Streaking Edition | Columbus @ Pittsburgh | 7 PM EST

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I know Jet has given up 5 tonight but I’m not sure how to judge his performance because of the self-inflicted damage

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm watching the Blue Jackets beat the Blue Jackets tonight, I don't see any big brother and I haven't seen anything like that from the Pens in a long time. I wouldn't even know they had a winning streak against us if folks didn't constantly repeat it here.
CBJ beat CBJ, PIT beats CBJ, whatever you want to call it, it constantly happens. And has happened for years.

The names change on both sides but the results don’t.

You don’t think it’s noteworthy that one opponent repeatedly dominates (as in, wins and losses) another one? Especially one in the division? I do.

They are “supposed” to be our biggest rival. The CBJ organization peddled this for years, and still does. Yet it is certainly not that, as far as on the ice is concerned.

If that doesn’t matter to you, then fine, but to dismiss it as some sort of nothing stat, I don’t know what to tell you other than I disagree.

I also don’t get why you chose to post about it. I said it once, in the opening post, and have not mentioned it or implied anything close ever since.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
CBJ beat CBJ, PIT beats CBJ, whatever you want to call it, it constantly happens. And has happened for years.

The names change on both sides but the results don’t.

You don’t think it’s noteworthy that one opponent repeatedly dominates (as in, wins and losses) another one? Especially one in the division? I do.

They are “supposed” to be our biggest rival. The CBJ organization peddled this for years, and still does. Yet it is certainly not that, as far as on the ice is concerned.

If that doesn’t matter to you, then fine, but to dismiss it as some sort of nothing stat, I don’t know what to tell you other than I disagree.

I also don’t get why you chose to post about it. I said it once, in the opening post, and have not mentioned it or implied anything close ever since.

I f****** hate the Penguins. I can understand a bit of an inferiority complex when they were a great team, but at this point it feels like a fawning respect to constantly call them big brother. The only attitude I want to see is "f*** 'em".

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Wonder how much longer before everyone stops enjoying the game and call its quits on the year. Vincent has already broken the Russian line, we'll see who is next. Cant believe this clown has apologists who just want to kiss his feet no matter how stupid the choices he makes are

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I didn't watch the first two periods but I like the third. I am afraid Gudbranson and Perks...
I like Boqvist more and more. 👌🏻
Roslovic doesn't want to be traded. 🙂

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I f****** hate the Penguins. I can understand a bit of an inferiority complex when they were a great team, but at this point it feels like a fawning respect to constantly call them big brother. The only attitude I want to see is "f*** 'em".
Yeah I f***ing hate them too lol. It’s not an inferiority complex, eventually little brother does grow up to beat big brother, but we aren’t there yet.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Yeah I f***ing hate them too lol. It’s not an inferiority complex, eventually little brother does grow up to beat big brother, but we aren’t there yet.
In this case, big brother is rapidly becoming a senior citizen and little brother will win by default.

The Pens are going to be awful starting either next year or the following.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
I'm watching the Blue Jackets beat the Blue Jackets tonight, I don't see any big brother and I haven't seen anything like that from the Pens in a long time. I wouldn't even know they had a winning streak against us if folks didn't constantly repeat it here.

Well said - CBJ played well, definitely well enough to win - but those turnovers killed them. Been killing them all season, really.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The hockey gods mock the CBJ. Peeke ends up with two points.

Malkin forgets where he is and tips a Peeke shot past Greaves for a Peeke goal.

Rackell breaks his stick on a shot that Peeke blocks on one knee, and the puck perfectly bounces to Columbus boy Jack Roslovic who breaks away and gets a shorty with an assist from Peeke.

AndBoomGoesTheCannon

Feb 21, 2019
Cleveland, OH
The hockey gods mock the CBJ. Peeke ends up with two points.

Malkin forgets where he is and tips a Peeke shot past Greaves for a Peeke goal.

Rackell breaks his stick on a shot that Peeke blocks on one knee, and the puck perfectly bounces to Columbus boy Jack Roslovic who breaks away and gets a shorty with an assist from Peeke.

Don’t forget his goal that beat Jet :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad