Post-Game Talk: #Streakbusters 2:1 Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabs*

Everyone here makes me laugh pav played great if they cant finish the game to bad. Number 33 is the most over paid 3 rd liner in the NHL = Clarkson of toronto.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Trying to be too fancy (too many passes in front of net); Pavelic played well; Ladd and Bogosian not so good tonight. I know Bogosian is coming off another undisclosed injury but he was an anchor out there tonight and I don't mean that in a good way. What a waste of all that natural talent and size.

Have yet to see Postma play worse in a game than Bogo and that's a surprise!

jetkarma*

Am I blaming Pavs? Point me to the part in my post where I blamed Pavs.

He got outplayed by Schneider that's all I said.

In your opinion , but how did he get outplayed in a 1-1 game where he had a better save % and the only goal he gave up was because of poor play from other Jets?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Am I blaming Pavs? Point me to the part in my post where I blamed Pavs.

He got outplayed by Schneider that's all I said.

Please your whole post was about blaming Pavelec, if not why even mention the goaltending but go ahead proclaim innocence all you want.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I thought the Jets looked pretty good tonight but came up on the the wrong end of an evenly played game. Postma is looking great right now. I thought Pavs was solid tonight for sure.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Jets were the better team tonight, utilizing their speed in the neutral zone. The Devils forwards and a couple of their d-men couldn't counteract the likes of Wheeler, Kane, and Scheifele especially. Schneider, Greene, and Severson were the best for the Devils tonight while Pavelec, Scheifele, and Wheeler really impressed me for the Jets. Good game guys and please hand it to the Rangers on Saturday.

Respect, friend. Good game, thanks for stopping by.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
In OT was he on defense or was that just them playing 3 forwards?

Yeah exactly my point, Buff on D is better than Buff at forward!

Put Buff on D or trade him, really pretty simple, if we had a GM that's what would happen!:sarcasm:

Sabs*

The jets are in the reel house when they play the devils ,islanders and blue jacks of the league. That's where this team is bottom third of the league let's be real.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
You know what's funny? I was at the Gateway rec centre watching my kid play indoor soccer. On the wall behind me was a TV with the Jets game on. I was back and forth watching one or the other all night and I think my kid's team actually did better with the passing than the Jets. Watching the Jets waste scoring chances by trying to feed little needle threaders across the rink was beyond frustrating...

Pav looked fine tonight I thought.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
[NHL]2014020139-415-h[/NHL]
[NHL]2014020139-444-h[/NHL]
[NHL]2014020139-31-h[/NHL]
[NHL]2014020139-33-h[/NHL]
[NHL]2014020139-277-h[/NHL]

Anyone want to find me five saves that Pavs made which were better?

I'm not exonerating the rest of the team nor am I saying Pavs played poorly. Simply the guy at the other end outplayed him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We lose to another bad team, we suck. We're a bottom feeder team in the NHL, we just don't have enough talent. We're not losing to hot goalies, we just don't have good enough players to beat average goalies. Loserpeg.

cocorico

Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
Jets score 1 goal. No power play or shootout scoring.
Pavs made several key saves.
The "golden boy" puts the puck in the skates of the captain = turnover. Ryder beats Stuart and Pavs for the tying goal.
Having some trouble blaming Pavs or Stuart for this Shootout loss

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Please your whole post was about blaming Pavelec, if not why even mention the goaltending but go ahead proclaim innocence all you want.

Was it? Care to point that part out?

If I mention a single player would that mean I'd be blaming them solely, or is a single post often about a single idea?

If I said I felt Scheifele fell down a lot am I now blaming the entire loss on Scheifele?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Chevy do something already hard to watch this crap. Either trade to get better now or retool the team and trade a couple core pieces. :cry:

jetkarma*

Anyone want to find me five saves that Pavs made which were better?

I'm not exonerating the rest of the team nor am I saying Pavs played poorly. Simply the guy at the other end outplayed him.

Anyone want to think allowing ONE goal on a play that maybe three Jets made poor plays/decisions is a reason to say we lost because our goalie was outplayed?

Seriously , you can not like a player , but the reason we lost wasn't because of him , not even remotely .

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
3 points in the bag - out of an available 4 on this road trip so far, and some people are complaining?

Tough crowd.

5 out of the last 6 points as well. I'm not angry about tonight - they played pretty well (including Pavs). Annoyed? Yes - I think they're a better team than NJ.

Their NZ play was incredible at times - that's what's going to win them games, and once they can comfortably do that without thinking about it, their offense will come back, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad