Post-Game Talk: #Streakbusters 2:1 Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Ice in New Jersey looked like crap just like MTS!

Pardy in for Stuart would be an upgrade!

kSW looked good but they guys really need to start scoring as does the LLF, BPL, and 4th line!

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Really? You don't think perhaps the no-shot, missed net and... missed net helped in the shootout, do you?

(Trick question - of course you do.)

No, those happened because the players have no confidence in Pavs and therefore shoot wide, or not at all, because there clearly is no reason to waste a good move when Pavs is playing. Surely you can connect those simple dots???

jetkarma*

Really? You don't think perhaps the no-shot, missed net and... missed net helped in the shootout, do you?

(Trick question - of course you do.)

Well it is almost Halloween , so kudos for trick questions , but seriously your point is spot on .

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Meh our goalie was outplayed by their goalie.

Just like almost every other game.

Not even close. Our goalie actually had to face shots where as their goalie watched the Jets give up scoring chances by passing it around too much and not shooting on net.

This blaming Pavelec for every loss is getting beyond stupid. There is enough ample evidence to blame him but not this game ffs.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Transcendental analytics...
  • we've had 3 games with 23 or fewer shots against and won all 3 of them
  • we've had 7 games with between 26-to-31 shots against and we've gone 1-and-6 in them

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Entertaining game and you could tell our size was giving them some problems. During the third period I was thinking, 'not a lot of goals but otherwise this is a great road game'. Jinxed it.

Pavs is actually statistically good in shootouts last time I checked.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Jets were the better team tonight, utilizing their speed in the neutral zone. The Devils forwards and a couple of their d-men couldn't counteract the likes of Wheeler, Kane, and Scheifele especially. Schneider, Greene, and Severson were the best for the Devils tonight while Pavelec, Scheifele, and Wheeler really impressed me for the Jets. Good game guys and please hand it to the Rangers on Saturday.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I thought the Jets dominated most of the game. Got robbed a few times, a couple unlucky bounces and so on. One of them goes in and we are celebrating a 3rd straight win.

On to the next one.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
I was feeling a lot better about the season and the team til about ten minutes left in the third.

I still hope that the Jets are just suffering horrible luck with their chances, but at some point it stops being luck and starts being players who aren't actually that good.

And what the heck is wrong with Andrew Ladd? He's looked bad all season. I know he's scored lately but his play with and without the puck has been really awful, and especially bad tonight.

Frustrated again. Gonna be a long season.

Derfel*

[mod]

Jagr is a machine, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Lowry was doing an amazing job of neutral zone shutdown work tonight.

He crushed Ruutu...
458129170_slide.jpg

458131000_slide.jpg

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Well, the one with 7 seconds left went right into his glove. Beyak could have made that save.

Seems that Jagr had the same chance against Lehner in Ottawa and ended it in OT. Please, I know your Pavs hate is strong, but at least acknowledge when Pavelec makes saves that keep the team in it.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Not even close. Our goalie actually had to face shots where as their goalie watched the Jets give up scoring chances by passing it around too much and not shooting on net.

This blaming Pavelec for every loss is getting beyond stupid. There is enough ample evidence to blame him but not this game ffs.

Am I blaming Pavs? Point me to the part in my post where I blamed Pavs.

He got outplayed by Schneider that's all I said.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Buff pretty much useless at forward and playing there is about as stupid as ThoRNburn on the 3rd line.

Almost time to shake the lines if these can only score 1 goal per game!

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
82hd6.jpg

Listened to this one on the radio as usual. Seemed like a fairly even game for the most part. The shots on goal on the box score definitely do not reflect the play in the third in my opinion. It definitely sounded like the Jets had a lot more and better chances despite the shot differential and the defence was limiting the Devils' chances.

Still and all, I am NOT a Pavelec fan, but I can't hang this game on him when he only let one goal in. I wouldn't say he outplayed Schneider though. Unless the play-by-play guys on TSN 1290 were completely out of it, the Devils goalie was challenged a lot more and stopped some real quality chances. But I have no legitimate complaints about Pavs' performance -- we've got to be able to bury more than one in regulation to win.

Scheifele and Kane can't buy a goal it seems. Sounded like they had so many chances. At least a couple near misses (therefore don't count as shots) by Kane in the third for sure.

We got a point. For sure I'd love the win, and I think this game was definitely winnable. In my opinion we were the better team but it was a close game. We keep playing like that and we'll do well this season. I'll take the point and the Devils are in the east so we didn't give a point of a conference rival.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Trying to be too fancy (too many passes in front of net); Pavelic played well; Ladd and Bogosian not so good tonight. I know Bogosian is coming off another undisclosed injury but he was an anchor out there tonight and I don't mean that in a good way. What a waste of all that natural talent and size.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Seems that Jagr had the same chance against Lehner in Ottawa and ended it in OT. Please, I know your Pavs hate is strong, but at least acknowledge when Pavelec makes saves that keep the team in it.

Obviously Jagr didn't shoot it right into Lehner's glove.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Buff pretty much useless at forward and playing there is about as stupid as ThoRNburn on the 3rd line.

Almost time to shake the lines if these can only score 1 goal per game!

In OT was he on defense or was that just them playing 3 forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad