Post-Game Talk: #Streakbusters 2:1 Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
... it's a little early for me to commit my GM of the year vote to Snow. After all, his team just lost to Chevy's sorry team, and then lost 5-zip to the Avs.

Also, Snow drafted his "generational" player 6 years ago and they haven't exactly set the league on fire since then. Meanwhile, he's traded away his 1st round pick in the stacked 2015 draft for basically nothing, and that line-up doesn't look like a SC champion to me.

But hey...he made a player for player trade.

GM-of-the-Year.jpg
GM-of-the-Year.jpg
GM-of-the-Year.jpg
GM-of-the-Year.jpg
GM-of-the-Year.jpg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
But hey...he made a player for player trade.

....reportedly offered the #4 overall, and all of the rest of his draft picks to Columbus for their #2 overall in 2012.

I guess he was trying to move up to target Jacob Trouba instead of Reinhart. :sarcasm:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
... it's a little early for me to commit my GM of the year vote to Snow. After all, his team just lost to Chevy's sorry team, and then lost 5-zip to the Avs.

Also, Snow drafted his "generational" player 6 years ago and they haven't exactly set the league on fire since then. Meanwhile, he's traded away his 1st round pick in the stacked 2015 draft for basically nothing, and that line-up doesn't look like a SC champion to me.

My point wasn't whether he was doing a good or a bad job, it was that Mortimer was using Snow as an example of what Chevy should be more like, but in reality Snow did what Chevy is doing now for 7 years before making moves to fill holes so it's a poor example of what Chevy should be doing, because it really argues that Chevy should continue what he is doing for 3 more years.

Honestly if you were to ask me what my opinion is on Snow I'd say that prior to this off-season he was the worst GM in the league by a country mile. He had a decent off-season but I'd still probably consider him to be the worst GM in the league.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Snow did what I've noticed a lot of GMs doing lately. He's been their GM for 8 years now and they were awful for the majority of it and he did little to help them and waited until he had that loaded system before bringing in players that would help the team. He didn't walk into a New York team with a loaded system, the system became loaded by him doing what you accuse Chevy of doing right now, which is sitting on his hands and waiting for high draft picks to pan out. He waited until the system was loaded and only then did he move to fill those holes. So maybe not the best comparison to get your point across.

Maybe not. I think the point still stands though. Chevy had the opportunity this off-season to target specific weaknesses. In my estimation that kind of targeted approach could have made the Jets into a play-off team. He chose not to do so to my disappointment. If Pavelec becomes an NHL goalie or Hutchinson 'arrives' and he makes a couple of good moves before the TD passes he could get to the same position just one season later than I anticipated. I would be happy with that. I still haven't seen any sign of Chevy going about the process in a targeted fashion. I hope I don't have to wait 4 more years for that to happen.

OK, I've wandered way off topic here. Sorry. I don't see any way to get this post back to the topic so I will drop the it here.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The funny thing is that, if you took a poll, I'll bet you would find the young posters to be the most impatient and vitriolic.
At the risk of generalizing, I think age teaches you to appreciate what you have, and that an investment of time in anything important makes the end result sweeter.
As for your dementia, I wouldn't worry about it, as you won't remember whether we've won or lost anyway.:laugh:

PS-It appears to me as if you have become more patient since you first arrived here.:nod:

The patience comes and goes. I have learned quite a bit here in a fairly short time.

I'm not sure if that forgetfulness is a symptom of dementia or more alzheimers. I can't remember. :)

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I wasn't at the home opener but I heard them on TV and it was tweeted about by Paul Friesen too.

And they were certainly booed off the ice against Calgary. I know that one for a fact, as I was one of the loudest ones in my section but I wasn't alone... ;)

Big difference between beeing booed off the ice and "a smattering of boos"

There were a smattering of boos in just about every home loss I've been to, by angry fans, including year one. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad