Post-Game Talk: Streak busters, Jets win 8-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Dubious stat alert!

Record setters!

Only caught a few minutes of that one on break but checking into the scores was perplexing -- genuinely rubbed my eyes and refreshed the screen to make sure I wasn't seeing double, then single, then double again.

But a winzawin, and plenty of fours in that win -- may the fours stay with us in this run to the... Second wild-card spot!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luc Labelle

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
View attachment 511869

901.gif

Still in their head. :laugh: Montreal - thou art the definition of ineffectual petulance.

Good things, eh? Good thing for the Jets, they can smash them yet again.

Steady on, Montreal bench.

crying-baby.gif

They always have to make everything such a big deal! :laugh:

tenor.gif

Reactions: Jets 31

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Sorry I was in absentia for a little bit and going delinquent on my GDT commitments. Just a lot going on.

I have to say that this game was one for the ages. The derangement of Habs fans about Mark Scheifele continues to perplex me. And I almost can't fault them for actually believing he's as bad as their media paints them out to be. In general, I try and have sympathy for easily deluded simpletons and save my scorn for those who mislead them. I really get the impression that Chef is a sensitive guy, so I hope he's got people that can always help him remember not to take that sector of Montreal fans seriously, because they are not serious people.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal media and fans are the absolute worst.

They badger Scheifele about if he'll answer the bell tonight in his media availability for a completely clean and legal check that he got suspended for by a Hab enforcer pretending to be unbiased almost a year ago. (As an aside, curiously no discipline was handed out for essentially the exact same hit last week. I guess because the guy got up instead of pretending to be hurt??? or maybe there shouldn't have been a suspension at all the first time....)

Then they get into a "Malkin said he owed it to Wheeler to fight him" and Mark says "If Evans wants to fight me I will" and that's what the media runs with even though no less than 7 times he said it's ancient history and the media is making a much bigger deal out of it than it is.

Dumping 8 goals on them is the best and 55 answered the bell when he was challenged. He doesn't have to do it again, that was their chance. Wideman should have got an instigator there as well but since we were pounding them already, they already were calling them for too many men and they had managed to call 10 minor penalties I guess they didn't want to put another one on the pile.

It makes me so happy to beat that franchise. The crying that comes out of their fans is like music to my ears.

And before anyone responds that it was Winnipeg media that was badgering Scheifele, in my view we have no Winnipeg media when we face the Habs as they are not impartial and not homers either. They're all Montreal media when that team comes to town.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'm totally OK with Montreal and it's fans being more concerned about Scheifele than actually worrying about winning a game against us.

There are actual fans of Montreal that think the MPI ads that Scheifele did were done to send a subliminal message to Evans to keep his head up when they play.

Montreal Fans: "We hate Scheifele... We hate Scheifele..."
Everyone Else: "You just gave up 8 goals in a game"
Everyone Else: "Your goalies are horrible"

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Well that was a roller coaster of a game to be at. We saw every version of the Jets this season, all rolled into one game. Glad they pulled it out, reminded me of some of my beer league games, especially the goaltending.

Too strange a game to make much of, overall they made the plays they needed to make, when they needed to make them.

Not sure about all the complaints about Svech’s TOI. Wheeler, Connor and Copp were all under 11 minutes at 5v5 and Stastny was sub 9 minutes.
He doesn’t PK and he’s not on the PP, there were 17 penalties between the two teams tonight. Seems pretty self explanatory really. He played great when he was out there. I don’t really think he was kept off for any nefarious reasons.
His performance definitely calls into question how the hell the coaching staff had been utilizing him for 2 months though.

Lowry on a three game point streak, that’s a welcome sight.
Habs fans tears on the way out was my favourite part of the evening.
Losers.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well that was a roller coaster of a game to be at. We saw every version of the Jets this season, all rolled into one game. Glad they pulled it out, reminded me of some of my beer league games, especially the goaltending.

Too strange a game to make much of, overall they made the plays they needed to make, when they needed to make them.

Not sure all the complaints about Svech’s TOI. Wheeler, Connor and Copp were all under 11 minutes at 5v5 and Stastny was sub 9 minutes.
He doesn’t PK and he’s not on the PP, there were 17 penalties between the two teams tonight. Seems pretty self explanatory really. He played great when he was out there. I don’t really think he was kept off for any nefarious reasons.
His performance definitely calls into question how the hell the coaching staff had been utilizing him for 2 months though.

Lowry on a three game point streak, that’s a welcome sight.
Habs fans tears on the way out was my favourite part of the evening.
Losers.
Question would be why he doesn't pp on the second unit over Lowry.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Fair enough but it’s been that way all year. He hasn’t been on the PP play at all. I didn’t expect it to start last night.
This is a team that had Riley Nash on the first unit ffs. It’s not just Svech that’s left scratching his head.

It's fairly obvious the coaching has been pretty poor this year across the board. It needs to be straightened out this summer.

I worry about what will happen to Svech when Cole and Nik are healthy.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Yeah but it does Svech no good to be relegated to the fourth line. There needs to be an effort to try to maximize all these guys and I'm nit sure that will happen.
I’m not holding my breath.

Reactions: JetsUK

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Yeah but it does Svech no good to be relegated to the fourth line. There needs to be an effort to try to maximize all these guys and I'm nit sure that will happen.
Perfetti and Ehlers with 55 would be fun, leaving 81-80-71 in tact.
9-25-26 would be a nightmare for a lot of 3rd lines to match and Lowry down the middle on a 4th would be tough.
Wheels has been producing lately though. Tough to move him out of a top 6 spot atm.
At worst I’d like to see
27-55-26
91-80-81
71-25-9
12-17-21
This is when we’re healthy of course and when Gus is ready, I’d like to see him in place of Toninato. Nothing against Dom and how he’s played, but that’s a dead end street at some point.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Your wife is like that too. Haha Consistently inconsistient at being inconsistent. Never know what you are going to get with the wife or the Jets!
I still maintain Wheeler may be the worst influence on Shefishele but who knows. All I know is this game means nada but was fun to watch.
Yeah I bet Wheelers ass busting every shift and short shifts have really rubbed off on him :rolleyes:

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Perfetti and Ehlers with 55 would be fun, leaving 81-80-71 in tact.
9-25-26 would be a nightmare for a lot of 3rd lines to match and Lowry down the middle on a 4th would be tough.
Wheels has been producing lately though. Tough to move him out of a top 6 spot atm.
At worst I’d like to see
27-55-26
91-80-81
71-25-9
12-17-21
This is when we’re healthy of course and when Gus is ready, I’d like to see him in place of Toninato. Nothing against Dom and how he’s played, but that’s a dead end street at some point.
I dig those line combos. I think Perfetti and 55 could be magical together.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They just collapse like a house of cards.

When Helle let in that awful first goal I thought to myself 'here we go'. And there we went :P

I don't know what is up with Helle these days but he's had a real uncharacteristic year. Maybe they need to play Comrie some more and hive him a bit more of a break. Not like Comrie's record and performance doesn't warrant additional playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad