GDT: Storm The Capital (One) - Carolina vs Washington

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Hope Noesen isn’t dealing with the same strain of flu that went through my family over Christmas. And if he is I hope it doesn’t run through the locker room.

It had us all so sick, first time in about 10 years we’ve had to call someone to help on the farm.

I don’t think the first time I had Covid was quite as bad as this flu. And that was about as sick as I thought I could ever get without having to go to a hospital.

Many around me have been getting brutally sick too. I got it and was terrible for about 1 day and very fortunately recovered quickly with the 2nd day being not great but much better and after that was fine. A few others have been sick for like 2-3 weeks so yeah hopefully that won't be Noesen too
It’s going around by me too, I’m the only person left in my dept who hasn’t gotten it. I’d guess something like 80% of the office has gotten it so far.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
(I intended to include a coupla fun GIFs here, but I can't get GIFs to render my posts, so until someone helps me with info on how to get them to display, I'll be limited as such. Maybe someone can DM me?)
Download the pics to your comp/phone and then post them from there (and not from an url). The recent forum update introduced some kind of bug for pics from external sites.

Ugh, I guess I can't post images anymore... Lol this site, man
You too.

Reactions: geehaad

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It’s going around by me too, I’m the only person left in my dept who hasn’t gotten it. I’d guess something like 80% of the office has gotten it so far.

Wife just tested positive for Covid an hour ago. So far I feel fine and thankfully I took the guest room yesterday mainly because my side of the bed was covered in snotty tissue before I ever got a say in the matter, but nothing like the ominous feeling that you're about to get it.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Wife just tested positive for Covid an hour ago. So far I feel fine and thankfully I took the guest room yesterday mainly because my side of the bed was covered in snotty tissue before I ever got a say in the matter, but nothing like the ominous feeling that you're about to get it.
My wife is a 4th grade teacher so we’re constantly on the lookout for new and exciting ways to get sick. We keep the spare bedroom room ready and she tries to keep as much of her work stuff quarantined as she can, she’s pretty diligent about hand sanitizer and all that fun stuff. Problem is by the time anyone shows symptoms it’s usually too late.

Normally stuff like this doesn’t affect my wife that much, likely because she’s micro-dosing viruses, bacteria and a whole host of sickness causing particles daily. But this last one got both of us pretty good.

The hardest part for me is working with the family. My mom has a jacked up immune system, and kidney issues which they think is linked to her alpha gal, which they think caused some thyroid issues. When she gets sick she gets really sick. Luckily both my parents got Tamiflu within 24hrs of getting sick so they were only out of it for a couple of days. I did not, and it kicked my ass for well over a week.

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Found this in Rod’s closet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Tryamw and geehaad

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My wife is a 4th grade teacher so we’re constantly on the lookout for new and exciting ways to get sick. We keep the spare bedroom room ready and she tries to keep as much of her work stuff quarantined as she can, she’s pretty diligent about hand sanitizer and all that fun stuff. Problem is by the time anyone shows symptoms it’s usually too late.

Normally stuff like this doesn’t affect my wife that much, likely because she’s micro-dosing viruses, bacteria and a whole host of sickness causing particles daily. But this last one got both of us pretty good.

The hardest part for me is working with the family. My mom has a jacked up immune system, and kidney issues which they think is linked to her alpha gal, which they think caused some thyroid issues. When she gets sick she gets really sick. Luckily both my parents got Tamiflu within 24hrs of getting sick so they were only out of it for a couple of days. I did not, and it kicked my ass for well over a week.

Same here but 1st grade. Usually she’s the most immune, but this one has knocked her out hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad