GDT: Storm The Capital (One) - Carolina vs Washington

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Watching the Caps feed I saw the Orlov video presentation in its entirety while they showed his reaction to it. Watching a pro hockey player cry and have a moment with however many thousands of people are standing and cheering for him is a pretty amazing thing to watch. I’m really glad they did that for him. Hope they showed that on the Canes feed.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Watching the Caps feed I saw the Orlov video presentation in its entirety while they showed his reaction to it. Watching a pro hockey player cry and have a moment with however many thousands of people are standing and cheering for him is a pretty amazing thing to watch. I’m really glad they did that for him. Hope they showed that on the Canes feed.
Minimal. Bally needs its commercials.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Yeah, they showed the Orlov and a bit of the crowd applauding, but none of the actual video.

They obviously didn’t show it in the caps feed, but Hannah interviewed Pony Boy after the game and the kid was all smiles. He mentioned that he went to a game seven years ago and was dreaming of scoring goals like Crosby and Ovechkin, and now it came true. It’s nice to see the human side of things from time to time

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
That was such a weird game...the 0-2 start was well-deserved, we were incredibly sloppy and didn't look motivated at all. 2nd period we didn't look great, but started figuring it out a bit. Jarvis evens it up on a hard-work kinda goal and we started picking it up. Then when we got that 3rd goal on the PP and we were off after that playing confident again. It's amazing when you take one-timers on a PP you score way more often than when you slow pass telegraphed perimeter point shots. I had a good feeling the Caps had given up on that 2nd PP goal when the puck headed out, Aho dove down to stop it, and he had like 3 full seconds to get up and nobody even bothered to pressure him or anything. Aho and Svech are on a heater right now and it's beautiful. Svech has 7G in his last 5 games..

K quietly got his 2nd point since Dec 1...definitely a bit concerning, but I think it's beyond his prior "streaky" status and has to be playing through something, otherwise I would almost expect the coach to call him out on it or bench him. He's also not a play driver, and that 2nd line has been largely forgettable and invisible lately other than the occasional individual performance. I wouldn't be totally opposed to maybe swapping him and Drury for a couple games just to see how things go, but long-term I still think KK would be our better 2C and Drury 3C.

And what a debut for Pony!!! Might force himself to stay for an extended look

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We really dominated the puck through the first 2 periods. As usual, an individual mistake did us in. Maybe 2 but that is just a good play by ovi.

I don’t know that we’ve ever had 2 consecutive periods in the same game in 5v5 Corsi over 70% like we did in periods 1 and 2. Usually 1 period over 65% is rare.

5v5 was more even in the 3rd in 5v5 but our pp took over.

We are now +3 in 5v5 goals during our streak with 16 PP goals scored.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That was such a weird game...the 0-2 start was well-deserved, we were incredibly sloppy and didn't look motivated at all. 2nd period we didn't look great, but started figuring it out a bit. Jarvis evens it up on a hard-work kinda goal and we started picking it up. Then when we got that 3rd goal on the PP and we were off after that playing confident again. It's amazing when you take one-timers on a PP you score way more often than when you slow pass telegraphed perimeter point shots. I had a good feeling the Caps had given up on that 2nd PP goal when the puck headed out, Aho dove down to stop it, and he had like 3 full seconds to get up and nobody even bothered to pressure him or anything. Aho and Svech are on a heater right now and it's beautiful. Svech has 7G in his last 5 games..

K quietly got his 2nd point since Dec 1...definitely a bit concerning, but I think it's beyond his prior "streaky" status and has to be playing through something, otherwise I would almost expect the coach to call him out on it or bench him. He's also not a play driver, and that 2nd line has been largely forgettable and invisible lately other than the occasional individual performance. I wouldn't be totally opposed to maybe swapping him and Drury for a couple games just to see how things go, but long-term I still think KK would be our better 2C and Drury 3C.

And what a debut for Pony!!! Might force himself to stay for an extended look
The head coaches from both teams don't agree with the bolded when you listen to their post game press conferences. RBA said he loved the way they played and thought "the first period was great" even if the score didn't show it. Carbery said the same thing, that even though they lead after the 1st, the Caps game wasn't good and "it wasn't close at all"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad