Stockton Heat Thread v1.0 (and ADK Thunder)

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
The Heat have been playing dominant hockey for a while. The last 4 games have been completely once sided affairs despite going to OT 3 times.

Klimchuk-Grant-Poirier were insanely dangerous each time they were on the ice. Each player could have scored a hat trick tonight.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Heat have been playing dominant hockey for a while. The last 4 games have been completely once sided affairs despite going to OT 3 times.

Klimchuk-Grant-Poirier were insanely dangerous each time they were on the ice. Each player could have scored a hat trick tonight.
I'm just happy we are now sitting in a playoff spot, never thought that would be possible not too long ago.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Playoffs would be great considering the Flames won´t make it. Atleast some playoffhockey :D .

Do you think that Bennet and Ferland would be send down, 100TG? (Gaudreau isnt waiver exempt at the end of the season :( )

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Playoffs would be great considering the Flames won´t make it. Atleast some playoffhockey :D .

Do you think that Bennet and Ferland would be send down, 100TG? (Gaudreau isnt waiver exempt at the end of the season :( )
Bennett won't be eligible IIRC, I know Monahan wasn't in his rookie season. Ferland isn't waiver exempt and would have to clear and be sent down prior to the trade deadline I believe. Granlund is the only player on the Flames roster eligible for the AHL playoffs at the moment I do believe.

Actually Ramo might be too :laugh:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I think Bennett could be made available for the AHL playoffs if they assign him to the Heat for a day before the trade deadline.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Bennett could be made available for the AHL playoffs if they assign him to the Heat for a day before the trade deadline.
There is only 1 way Bennett is eligible for the AHL playoffs. The Flames would have to assign him to Kingston for the rest of the season and then when Kingston is eliminated (and only then) would he be eligible to play in the AHL.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Nice to hear they are finally getting good goaltending and playing with confidence. Glad Klimchuk is finally playing well. Would love to see him prove me wrong and develop into a middle six guy.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Even when they were losing, they were dominating in numerous games. Just a few players snake-bitten and Ortio/Simpson not being good derailed their start (and yeah, Kulak and Kylington weren't as good for a while).

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
There is only 1 way Bennett is eligible for the AHL playoffs. The Flames would have to assign him to Kingston for the rest of the season and then when Kingston is eliminated (and only then) would he be eligible to play in the AHL.

Can't believe I completely forgot about his age, considering how often the announcers repeat it.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
AHL Pacific All-Stars eliminated from the AHL All-Star tournament, going 0-2-0.

I think you must have seen a different game buddy. They won game 5 (their 3rd game) 5-4 and Grant scored 2 (for an AHL guy) amazing goals :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You are both wrong. Monabae, they played a 3rd game; but the final score was 6-4.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
You are both wrong. Monabae, they played a 3rd game; but the final score was 6-4.

Did they really score another one in the last 3.7 secs? :D
I just watched the Highlights, they didnt include that^^. (Grant scored first and 5th incase smbdy. cares)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I was just going by what the PBP guy on Sportsnet said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't watch the whole tournament.
I didn't even know they were doing a round robin and saw they lost 1-0 and turned it off :laugh:

evdog

Oct 15, 2014
San diego
The Heat were in San Diego tonight so I went to see the game.

On D, Kulak and Wotherspoon looked really good. Both were flying the whole game and put up big minutes. Seiloff was skating well also, looked pretty good as did Johnson. I was watching for Kylington but didn't notice him much except for a few times when I wondered who that player was that just made a fool of all the Gulls' defending, and it was #4. So he had a few moments of brilliance, but the rest of the game not very noticeable. It didn't seem like he got much ice time so maybe that is why I didn't notice him.

As for forwards, the whole forward group wasn't great. Grant was dangerous at times. I also noticed Raymond, Elson, Agostino, van Brabant often but just because they got the most ice time. Raymond skated around real fast and lost pucks like he does in Calgary.

My biggest disappointment was Kilmchuck and Smith. Seemed like they got almost no ice time. And the few times I did see each they looked to be skating slow and barely touched the puck. Smith in particular looked very awkward skating.

The best part of the night was that flavored water was on sale, less than half the price of real water!

1C8E207C-B5A8-461C-B9B4-F000044A59A5_zpsvsatasv1.jpg

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
100 Third Graders, if the Heat don´t make the playsoffs, could Kylington play for the Brandon Wheat Kings? (They drafted him in the CHL import draft)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
100 Third Graders, if the Heat don´t make the playsoffs, could Kylington play for the Brandon Wheat Kings? (They drafted him in the CHL import draft)
they'd have to send him there before a certain date IIRC and they have to be under the import limit

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I was listening to the pbp and they said that Kylington left the game sometime in the 3rd with an injury.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, but the pbp guy ddn't seem too concerned.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
My biggest disappointment was Kilmchuck and Smith. Seemed like they got almost no ice time. And the few times I did see each they looked to be skating slow and barely touched the puck. Smith in particular looked very awkward skating.

I am not surprised. Typical Flames draft pick. Their ability to find talent between the low 1st and 3rd is non existent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad