Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
He's behind Schmid (Devil's prospect) right now statistically, but has played twice as many games.

I know this is only stat watching, but last year Schmid was in USHL in his D+3 season, putting up numbers that are almost as good as Sergeyev's numbers this year in his D+1 season

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I know this is only stat watching, but last year Schmid was in USHL in his D+3 season, putting up numbers that are almost as good as Sergeyev's numbers this year in his D+1 season
Schmid’s AHL numbers are better than Wolf’s

His NHL numbers and performance made Jon Giles looks like an all star. Goalies are unpredictable

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Coronato is next years playoffs acquisition
I really don’t see it happening. Not because he won’t be ready or or that our team doesn’t need him, but at this point I think our organization literally doesn’t know how to add a right shot RW that knows how to score a goal mid season.

It’d be like Edmonton developing a non-1st round pick.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We haven't had much luck drafting Americans, like ever. Fox is great, but shunned us early.
I'd be in no rush to graduate him.
Why? Sign him as soon as you can. We all know what can happen if you wait too long.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I don't want to go out and say just looking at a stat line can give insight to potential of a prospect, BUT

This has to be just a little bit enticing for a player to be doing in a mens league (but of course being able to watch him would provide more insight. Regardless, the Flames current 2020 draft prospects of:
Zary, Heinemen, Kuznetsov, Poirier, Francis, Kerins, and Solovyov seem promising while Boltmann has shown exponential growth offensively (again stats, and even getting one point would still be exponential growth), but it's nice to have some hope from those guys

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Plenty of those too. Calgary was pillaging the college ranks as early as the 1980s and drafted/signed plenty of US-born and/or college players.

They really only got burned by Fox.

There were a ton of busts....most of what they were "pillaging" in the 80's amounted to nothing. Yes we hit Nieuwendyk, Ranheim etc, but for each hit there were like 10 strikes.
Then we went back to it again early 2000's...Chucko, Cavanaugh, McConnell were all busts.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
The wolf is human! Werner replaced him lastnight after he allowed 3 2nd period goals. Heat lost to Ontario 5-2, and the Heat hold a slight lead on them for the division. They go at it again tonight, wonder if Wolf gets a shot at redemption?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
There were a ton of busts....most of what they were "pillaging" in the 80's amounted to nothing. Yes we hit Nieuwendyk, Ranheim etc, but for each hit there were like 10 strikes.
Then we went back to it again early 2000's...Chucko, Cavanaugh, McConnell were all busts.
Chucko was not in college when we drafted him. They had huge success with Otto, Mcoun, Patterson, Nieuwendyk…..then abandoned it and it showed.

there have been plenty of late round gems in the ushl and HS, Johnny and fox were found there.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
What’s happening with Zary?

Looks like he is heading to bust territory in lightning speed

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

He hasn't been getting many chances with the better players, mostly bottom 6. I won't put any claim of bust yet, he should get top 6 next year and that will be much more telling.

Reactions: teddygmr and DFF

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't want to go out and say just looking at a stat line can give insight to potential of a prospect, BUT

This has to be just a little bit enticing for a player to be doing in a mens league (but of course being able to watch him would provide more insight. Regardless, the Flames current 2020 draft prospects of:
Zary, Heinemen, Kuznetsov, Poirier, Francis, Kerins, and Solovyov seem promising while Boltmann has shown exponential growth offensively (again stats, and even getting one point would still be exponential growth), but it's nice to have some hope from those guys

Didn’t people say the guy could be a Hyman 2.0.

That'd be a nice add, although a 2C would have been much nicer.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I have always thought Zary looked pretty good with the eye test. I don’t know if he’ll be a big point producer but I still think he’s going to be a solid all around bottom 6 C.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The wolf is human! Werner replaced him lastnight after he allowed 3 2nd period goals. Heat lost to Ontario 5-2, and the Heat hold a slight lead on them for the division. They go at it again tonight, wonder if Wolf gets a shot at redemption?
I'm sure there's a logical reason for this..
...he played the game while suffering an incapacitating illness, there was a death in the family, his girlfriend broke up with him, his teammates hid his jockstrap cup....
My boy WILL bounce back.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

I've never been as big a fan of Zary as most on here. I always figured he would most likely top out as an average NHL'er. If I was GM and if there was a trade to be done for a RW or center where the other team wanted Zary as part of the package... he'd be gone in a NY minute without a second thought.

Reactions: DFF

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Baby Flames beat the baby Oilers back to back. Always fun at any level!

Wolf's #'s are coming back down to Earth. He's got a .875% in his last 3 games.
Heat have given up 17 goals in the past 4 games, but they have 3 wins in that span

1st place team in the Pacific gets a bye in rnd 1, pretty much between the Heat & Ontario Reign (baby Kings).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad