Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Kinvall gets his 1st point with the Heat today

Edit: he also looked hurt after the assist without any contact from opposing players. That's a tad bit concerning.

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I didn't know it was pronounced "Shinvall".
Are most K's at the begining a Sh in Sweden?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I didn't know it was pronounced "Shinvall".
Are most K's at the begining a Sh in Sweden?

It was either here or in the main boards where one swede explained it. Not all, IIRC, as it depends on the vowel after the K.

First athlete that I could quickly think of as example

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
Now that shit was weak... 3 games for "pushing" the ref to pick up his stick.

Weak.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
19-2-3
934 sv%
2.01 GAA

As a 20 year old. This guy, uh, might be the real deal.

Is he the favourite for the AHL rookie of the year at the moment?

edit: actually I think I should have asked if he's favourite for the goaltender of the year

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Is he the favourite for the AHL rookie of the year at the moment?

edit: actually I think I should have asked if he's favourite for the goaltender of the year
Both, and yes. At least he should be

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
He's behind Schmid (Devil's prospect) right now statistically, but has played twice as many games.
Schmid had to be called up after Blackwood/Bernier were out, and Gillies (yes, him!) became their starter.
Gillies actually did ok, but Schmid posted some bad numbers....pretty hard to go from USHL to NHL in 1 year!

But when you look at Utica's Nico Daws (another good prospect) vs Werner's numbers and its not close.
Wolf could very well be the MVP in the AHL.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Wolf is special. I’ve been saying that since this rookie camp/preseason when I finally got a good look at him. He stays upright more than any goalie I’ve ever seen. What this means is that he’s able to attack the puck on second saves because he’s still upright. Most guys are down in the butterfly and they aren’t able to push off nearly as well. I think that’s why he’s able to consistently post elite numbers.

He’s like Mike Vernon with Kipper reflexes and flexibility. But really he’s just the next Juuse Saros who Kevin Woodley (In Goal Magazine) compared him to before the season. I honestly think he might be the best goalie in the organization today.

you gotta think he’s a top 3 goalie prospect right now (Walstedt, Wolf, Knight)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Wolf is special. I’ve been saying that since this rookie camp/preseason when I finally got a good look at him. He stays upright more than any goalie I’ve ever seen. What this means is that he’s able to attack the puck on second saves because he’s still upright. Most guys are down in the butterfly and they aren’t able to push off nearly as well. I think that’s why he’s able to consistently post elite numbers.

He’s like Mike Vernon with Kipper reflexes and flexibility. But really he’s just the next Juuse Saros who Kevin Woodley (In Goal Magazine) compared him to before the season. I honestly think he might be the best goalie in the organization today.

you gotta think he’s a top 3 goalie prospect right now (Walstedt, Wolf, Knight)

I honestly feel the same, but I can’t remember his name, but the goaltending analyst that goes on the Fan each week was talking about how Wolf trains. One drill in particular he does, he’s in the crease with three players around him, one is on each side and the other one is directly in front. The three players will pass the puck between each other and shoot random fire pucks at him. He does this because this drill essentially creates chaos and broken plays that end up happening in game time situation‘s. He thrives and loves doing this drill, whereas most goaltenders would not do this because it could hurt their confidence. Wolf is the opposite and he thrives on doing these types of things.

He also said that the jump to Jr. to the AHL is bigger than the jump to the AHL to NHL. He said Wolf has made adjustments to his game to adjust to the pros and has done it seamlessly. I think he’s will be NHL next season and is capable of starting 20-30 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad