Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I don't think it's a size issue when Sutters best player is the other under sized guy, I think it's a lack of trust Sutter has with rookies
Size isn't the issue it is the number of players of that stature and skill set that is. Both Gaudreau and Pelletier need to be playing top 6 scoring roles to be effective. They are too similar for Sutter to play both in the same lineup.
For sure he likes his rookies "overbaked" but Pelletier is trade bait the minute Gaudreau resigns OR Pelletier is Gaudreau's replacement the minute Gaudreau leaves.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Size isn't the issue it is the number of players of that stature and skill set that is. Both Gaudreau and Pelletier need to be playing top 6 scoring roles to be effective. They are too similar for Sutter to play both in the same lineup.
For sure he likes his rookies "overbaked" but Pelletier is trade bait the minute Gaudreau resigns OR Pelletier is Gaudreau's replacement the minute Gaudreau leaves.

We will have to disagree as their a massive hole in the top 6 even with Gaudreau that Pelletier should be able to fill

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
We will have to disagree as their a massive hole in the top 6 even with Gaudreau that Pelletier should be able to fill
While Pelletier has had a strong season, the hype thrusters are definitely fully engaged. His numbers are pretty comparable to Dube's at the same age. Mangiapane was taken a year late but draft+3, his numbers were even more impressive, although some what less relevant do to the extra development year. While I'll agree that Pelletier's skillset should fit very nicely and it's something I'd like to see, as well, thinking that the kid will step in, having a huge positive impact, isn't very realistic.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
While Pelletier has had a strong season, the hype thrusters are definitely fully engaged. His numbers are pretty comparable to Dube's at the same age. Mangiapane was taken a year late but draft+3, his numbers were even more impressive, but less relevant do to the extra development year. While I'll agree that Pelletier's skillset should fit very nicely and it's something I'd like to see, as well, thinking that the kid will step in, having a huge positive impact, isn't very realistic.

Pelletier missed most of his year last year because of covid to me that makes this season more impressive. I don't think expecting him to be a 40 point player is over selling his abilities

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Pelletier missed most of his year last year because of covid to me that makes this season more impressive. I don't think expecting him to be a 40 point player is over selling his abilities
I don't know whether I'd call 43 games, including the playoffs and a full WJ camp/tournament, missing most of the year. I think expecting him to step into the NHL as a .5 PPG is a pretty lofty expectation for any 20/21 year old, although not impossible, with the potential top 6 possibility.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
oh I don't disagree with you at all. I am just pointing out that no matter what we think I believe that Sutter doesn't agree with us.
If Sutter agreed with me then
Pitlick
Richardson
Lewis
Ritchie
Zadorov
Gubranson
would all be playing for stockton and
Pelletier
Gawdin
Phillips
Mackey
Valimaki
Ruzicka
would all be with the Flames

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
oh I don't disagree with you at all. I am just pointing out that no matter what we think I believe that Sutter doesn't agree with us.
If Sutter agreed with me then
Pitlick
Richardson
Lewis
Ritchie
Zadorov
Gubranson
would all be playing for stockton and
Pelletier
Gawdin
Phillips
Mackey
Valimaki
Ruzicka
would all be with the Flames

We disagree on size being why he isn't here, I think Sutter would give Pelletier a shot if he had nhl experience but Sutter was vocal about coming back for only 1 reason and that was to try and win a cup in the next 2 years and Sutter is leaning on that first group because they have nhl experience. Sutter doesn't dislike small players although he obviously loves his big guys but imo he is clearly not looking to try and help young guys transition to a higher league he is simply looking to squeeze every win he can out of this group and I believe he thinks that's easier with pros that will play their role over helping young guys find theirs.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Arseni Sergeyev has now played 23 games, 1.53 GAA and 93,4 SV%. Most games played by a goalie, clearly best GAA (second best 2.40) and best SV% (second best 92,1%, third best 91,2%). Best goalie in the USHL at the moment.

I tried to google some scouting report about how he actually looks but no success

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This will obviously delay soon to be expected Flames recall of Pelletier :sarcasm:
for at least 10-14 days

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
This will obviously delay soon to be expected Flames recall of Pelletier :sarcasm:
for at least 10-14 days

Blah....I was on the AHL site and they had a pop up for free games today, I was thinking of catching it, still will prob but the football game is calling me too.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Blah....I was on the AHL site and they had a pop up for free games today, I was thinking of catching it, still will prob but the football game is calling me too.

It is free and the Pats are getting slaughtered :DD

Phillips makes it 2-0 Heat with a gritty rebound goal right in the crease. Outmuscling the bigger dman, and fighting for space. The kind of the goal the Calgary Flames could really use lately.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
It is free and the Pats are getting slaughtered :DD

Phillips makes it 2-0 Heat with a gritty rebound goal right in the crease. Outmuscling the bigger dman, and fighting for space. The kind of the goal the Calgary Flames could really use lately.

Yup, love to see the Pats get tuned!
Just tuned in for the last few mins of the 1st....lots of guys playing tonight that wouldn't if if the Heat were healthy...
Now I want some wings.....

Reactions: Bounces R Way

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Also, no Zary....someone mentioned he didn't finish last game, maybe another injury? Pelllet, & Kirk out, Pospisil out again, Phlip, Poolman and Welenski all out.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Arseni Sergeyev has now played 23 games, 1.53 GAA and 93,4 SV%. Most games played by a goalie, clearly best GAA (second best 2.40) and best SV% (second best 92,1%, third best 91,2%). Best goalie in the USHL at the moment.

I tried to google some scouting report about how he actually looks but no success

incredible stats, him and Wolf

the law of averages says the Flames is due. It’s only been 30 yrs or so lol

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I watched the 2nd and 3rd.

Matthew Phillips is an NHL player playing the the AHL. It’s really frustrating to watch a player that could clearly be helping our hopeless bottom 6 not get a chance. But Nesterov over Kylington so I’ll just have to get used to the fact we are incapable of ever winning a cup under management so afraid of youth.

Gawdin should be the 4C on the Flames.

Mackey would be an upgrade on Zadorov.

I can’t wait until we clean house. Literally about 1/2 of our board would have built a better team than Treliving.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I watched the 2nd and 3rd.

Matthew Phillips is an NHL player playing the the AHL. It’s really frustrating to watch a player that could clearly be helping our hopeless bottom 6 not get a chance. But Nesterov over Kylington so I’ll just have to get used to the fact we are incapable of ever winning a cup under management so afraid of youth.

Gawdin should be the 4C on the Flames.

Mackey would be an upgrade on Zadorov.

I can’t wait until we clean house. Literally about 1/2 of our board would have built a better team than Treliving.
Yup. It’s a one line team with no top pairing and Markstrom is adequate but no Hasek.

he built a terrible team. He was doing ok for the first few years but seems like he felt in love with his project and let them slowly expired. Gio and Brodie are gone, so are Backlund and Monahan for all intents and purposes

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Hell, nevermind 1 of them....I'd like to see the whole line of Pelletier/Gawdin/Phillips play a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad