Confirmed Trade: [STL/PHI] Kevin Hayes (50% retained) for 2024 6th round pick

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
That seems like a pretty good deal for St. Louis, no? If Hayes was a free agent, I'd imagine more than a few teams would be looking at a 3 year, $3.5 million deal favorably.
Ya, this is a good trade for the Blues. Breire cleaning the slate in Philly for a complete rebuild it appears.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jesus, players are given, just like in the NFL.
NFL players typically don't fetch much on the trade market. Mostly day 3 draft picks from rounds 4 onwards. Or they get cut.

Only if the guy is still on his rookie deal for a non-QB would you see a deal worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. Or that player is super elite, like Mack was going into his 5th year when moved to Chicago.

Philly eating $3.6 mill to get out of the contract. Nash eating $4 mill to get out of Johansen.

And these are not guys who are into their mid 30's yet. Both are 31 this year.

Reactions: Gustave

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't even understand how this helps Philly.
Hayes is one of a handful of players Tortorella apparently cannot coexist with, so he had to go at any cost. DeAngelo is another, there's speculation that Sanheim might be as well, but Sanheim has substantially more talent, so there should be value in that deal, at least.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Que Vancouver fans screaming at me that Boeser will return a 2nd rounder + good prospect for $1mm retained.

Sheesh. These overpaid forwards continue to be sold at 50% retained for nothing.

Even I didn’t think Boeser and Garland were worth so little. Trade value is basically “future considerations” for a sizable number of NHL players. It’s shocking even though it keeps happening.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Flyers get taken to the cleaners on this trade.

I guess that it helps them compete for the best draft lottery odds in 2024 and 2025, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad