Proposal: STL - NSH (Imagine that…)

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Nobody is saying Kyrou is untouchable. What's really outright laughable is the peanuts the proposal offered in return for our second best player. In fact, a good contingent of responses are saying no with that explanation.
Well, if you'll pay closer attention, you'll see that this is non-responsive to the point I made. The point is that he is not the second best player on the team, something directly stated by Blues fans in this thread.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
There are reasons to reject the deal, but "this is our second best player" is outright laughable. That is straight up embarrassing talent assessment
You dont trade a 30 goal scorer for penuts. Dude skates just as fast as mcdavid. He is our second best player and pur best winger.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
You dont trade a 30 goal scorer for penuts. Dude skates just as fast as mcdavid. He is our second best player and pur best winger.
This is delusional. When MacKinnon was blowing by Kyrou in the clutch moment of a tied playoff elimination game, were you still filled with pride in Kyrou's speed? "Skates just as fast as McDavid" and yet can't/won't/doesn't backcheck consistently. Weak on the puck. Completely inconsistent. Not in the top three goal scorers on the team. Parayko, Buchnevich, Thomas, Binnington, Faulk at a minimum are superior players. Neighbours is on his way to being a better hockey player. Neighbours is a guy coaches love whereas Kyrou is a born coach killer.

Kyrou also compares somewhat unfavorably with the vanilla Brandon Saad. Saad can be deployed in a hardmatch against the MacKinnon line and still produce points whereas you could not do that with Kyrou, he would be eaten alive. Obviously Schenn is on the downside of his career but has been a far better hockey player than Kyrou.

It's hard when you haven't watched hockey super long to really appreciate the defensive side of a player's game and how important it is to their quality as a hockey player. When you're young, you think it's points and skill level of a guy's A game. What's strange is having this debate when he's not even top 3 in goal scoring on the team and is certainly paid like he is expected to lead that category year in and year out.

As for "trading him for penuts" you may have noticed I stated the Blues shouldn't trade him unless they are getting a high end D prospect back which I do not think will happen since high end D prospects are so completely the opposite of either penuts or peanuts. Yet, you believe that is an argument against what I'm saying. That's a "you reading comp" thing though, so all in all I'd grade your whole reply as a failure.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
This is delusional. When MacKinnon was blowing by Kyrou in the clutch moment of a tied playoff elimination game, were you still filled with pride in Kyrou's speed? "Skates just as fast as McDavid" and yet can't/won't/doesn't backcheck consistently. Weak on the puck. Completely inconsistent. Not in the top three goal scorers on the team. Parayko, Buchnevich, Thomas, Binnington, Faulk at a minimum are superior players. Neighbours is on his way to being a better hockey player. Neighbours is a guy coaches love whereas Kyrou is a born coach killer.

Kyrou also compares somewhat unfavorably with the vanilla Brandon Saad. Saad can be deployed in a hardmatch against the MacKinnon line and still produce points whereas you could not do that with Kyrou, he would be eaten alive. Obviously Schenn is on the downside of his career but has been a far better hockey player than Kyrou.

It's hard when you haven't watched hockey super long to really appreciate the defensive side of a player's game and how important it is to their quality as a hockey player. When you're young, you think it's points and skill level of a guy's A game. What's strange is having this debate when he's not even top 3 in goal scoring on the team and is certainly paid like he is expected to lead that category year in and year out.

As for "trading him for penuts" you may have noticed I stated the Blues shouldn't trade him unless they are getting a high end D prospect back which I do not think will happen since high end D prospects are so completely the opposite of either penuts or peanuts. Yet, you believe that is an argument against what I'm saying. That's a "you reading comp" thing though, so all in all I'd grade your whole reply as a failure.
Bro lets get soemtjing clear tight now. I have played from 6 years old to now. I played highschool and travel. I still play mens leagues at 42 against 18 20 yearolds. I understand the game. Kyrou won fatsest skater at 22 nhl allstart game. He had 37 goals last year. This year he is improv8ng on defence. I do t get your hate but you way off base. Good day sir.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
There are reasons to reject the deal, but "this is our second best player" is outright laughable. That is straight up embarrassing talent assessment

And your talent assessment is embarrassing, given that you said that Jake Neighbours - Jake Neighbours! - is better than Kyrou (and yeah, he's better than Faulk, Parayko, and anyone other than Thomas or possibly Buchnevich because of his sheer offensive ability. I didn't see you f***ing criticizing Tarasenko who was just as passive defensively as Kyrou was - and Kyrou has at least taken the time to improve.). I don't see you working as a scout in the NHL, so ultimately, your opinion, like mine, like anyone else's, is just that: an opinion that doesn't f***ing matter.

Quite frankly, you're acting like an ass when it comes to Kyrou. I get that he's your favorite whipping boy, but if you looked at how this team's played, he's not the problem.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
“Imagine that “ series originally started by @Indrid Cold

Colton Sissons
Lightning 2024 2nd round pick
Jets 2024 2nd round pick
Preds 2025 2nd pick

For

Jordan Kyrou

Preds get a Kyrou in his prime and younger, and who can score, can also play wing

Blues get a center who can play defence and some assets

The f*** do you mean "can also play wing"? Literally all he is is a WINGER.
Maybe at first glance, but Sissons would fit great in St Louis.

But fair enough, I like Kyrou too, even though he hasn’t been engaged in his own end this year

This is the best he's ever been in his own end, most Blues fans are pretty happy with his defensive engagement this year. God you should have seen last year lol

Reactions: Play

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I'm enjoying the fact St. Louis fans are in here arguing about a guy's talent level I don't think I've ever heard a Preds fan ever mention wanting to trade for, even Sissons. :laugh:

The only reason I'm arguing about Kyrou is because my knowledge of hockey was insulted. You don't want Kyrou? Well, I'm fine with keeping him. Blame the original poster: he thought that three seconds and a middle-six center who has never scored more than thirty points in a season is enough to get a guy who has consistently scored over 70 points in his last two years. I don't even know if the original thread creator is a Nashville fan or not; I just know he's not a Blues fan.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Awesome, in 60 posts in this thread, only 3 Preds fans have even bothered to reply. :laugh:

:thumbu:

It's been fun watching the Blues tickle fight on where Kyrou ranks on their roster.

They all seem to hate the proposal though...so Preds say yes?

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
This Preds fan would jump all over that offer. Not because I actively want Kyrou on our team as I would want this team to be in full rebuild mode; however, the value coming over from the Blues is highly tilted. It would be a massive steal. Value going back to the Blues is nowhere near where they could and should be looking to if they should put Kyrou on the market. By the way, using Novak as a comparable is way off. Novak is older than Kyrou and Novak is nowhere near the player as Kyrou has been. Sissons, while a good role player, is just that a role player. We would be ecstatic to get that kind of return for a 30 year old bottom 6 center with a career high of 30 points.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
This Preds fan would jump all over that offer. Not because I actively want Kyrou on our team as I would want this team to be in full rebuild mode; however, the value coming over from the Blues is highly tilted. It would be a massive steal. Value going back to the Blues is nowhere near where they could and should be looking to if they should put Kyrou on the market. By the way, using Novak as a comparable is way off. Novak is older than Kyrou and Novak is nowhere near the player as Kyrou has been. Sissons, while a good role player, is just that a role player. We would be ecstatic to get that kind of return for a 30 year old bottom 6 center with a career high of 30 points.
It was a really really really bad prop.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
“Imagine that “ series originally started by @Indrid Cold

Colton Sissons
Lightning 2024 2nd round pick
Jets 2024 2nd round pick
Preds 2025 2nd pick

For

Jordan Kyrou

Preds get a Kyrou in his prime and younger, and who can score, can also play wing

Blues get a center who can play defence and some assets

change it to the Preds 2024 1st and I’d do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad