Proposal: STL - NSH (Imagine that…)

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Terrible value for St Louis.
Maybe at first glance, but Sissons would fit great in St Louis.

But fair enough, I like Kyrou too, even though he hasn’t been engaged in his own end this year

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Two teams fighting against each other for a playoff spot... unlikely they trade

Reactions: Play

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Hell no

Edit: let me give an actual reason. Why in the living hell would the Blues trade one of their top 2 forwards for a 30 year old middle 6 forward and a few seconds. This is a completely lopsided spit in the face to Blues fans. Absolutely terrible terrible trade for the Blues.

And again. Hell No.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Fine. But you guys need to be more defensively sound if you want a chance at Stars or Avs this year

Coffee, we can't score, beyond our first line. Our 2nd line is made up of Saad, Schenn, and which ever random forward we care to put on it. Schenn is on the down side of his career, Saad is a solid 3rd liner. (Kap who is injured - is also a solid 3rd liner). And that should tell you everything you need to know about the team. We have players similar to Sissons. We need more offensive players - like two more top 6 forwards.

We really need more skill up front. Not more defensive forwards - We have that in spades.

Let me put this to you a different way.

Blues trade a 25 year old who has been near ppg for the past two season.

Nash Trades a 30 year old who has a career high of 30 points
And you are tossing in some 2nds...... no first Rounders, no top prospects...

Come on man. That is terrible value and giving a line like - "you guys need to be more defensively sound" is pretty a weak response.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Coffee, we can't score, beyond our first line. Our 2nd line is made up of Saad, Schenn, and which ever random forward we care to put on it. Schenn is on the down side of his career, Saad is a solid 3rd liner. (Kap who is injured - is also a solid 3rd liner). And that should tell you everything you need to know about the team. We have players similar to Sissons. We need more offensive players - like two more top 6 forwards.

We really need more skill up front. Not more defensive forwards - We have that in spades.

Let me put this to you a different way.

Blues trade a 25 year old who has been near ppg for the past two season.

Nash Trades a 30 year old who has a career high of 30 points
And you are tossing in some 2nds...... no first Rounders, no top prospects...

Come on man. That is terrible value and giving a line like - "you guys need to be more defensively sound" is pretty a weak response.
Always appreciate your insights , Frenzy.

I’ll do better next time

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Kyrou is and probably always will be a flawed player even with some better all-around effort performances this year. But he’s still a star, he’s still an unbelievable offensive talent.

I get the premise in theory…we are quick to laud top scoring “offense first” players when the puck is going in the net but when they struggle or get unlucky finishing for a stretch or season or when their team has an overall defensive identity problem (ie like an Ottawa in recent years), it’s easy to cast some doubt on the value of their games. And maybe you can have too many of these “types” on one team. And maybe the Kyrou contract isn’t terribly appealing on some particular teams - and in that lens would lessen his value to Team “A”.

But the Blues pretty much have no identity at the moment other than Rob Thomas finally turning into the star he was capable of (and Hofer quietly being one of the best young goalies in the league). I imagine at this point Buchnevich probably isn’t there long-term.

Liquidating the one other guy capable of creating something out of nothing, who is still young, and who is tied to a long-term deal the Blues easily can carry into a 30 year-old checking center on a career heater and some second round picks just ain’t it.

If Sissons were a 25 year-old Phil Danault clone on a good contract who you could envision being that 1-2 punch down the middle with Thomas for years down the road, with guys like Neighbors, Snuggerud and Bolduc filling in the wings, then sure yeah. I think the archetype of that kind of deal would have merit. But definitely not for Sissons.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Kyrou is and probably always will be a flawed player even with some better all-around effort performances this year. But he’s still a star, he’s still an unbelievable offensive talent.

I get the premise in theory…we are quick to laud top scoring “offense first” players when the puck is going in the net but when they struggle or get unlucky finishing for a stretch or season or when their team has an overall defensive identity problem (ie like an Ottawa in recent years), it’s easy to cast some doubt on the value of their games. And maybe you can have too many of these “types” on one team. And maybe the Kyrou contract isn’t terribly appealing on some particular teams - and in that lens would lessen his value to Team “A”.

But the Blues pretty much have no identity at the moment other than Rob Thomas finally turning into the star he was capable of (and Hofer quietly being one of the best young goalies in the league). I imagine at this point Buchnevich probably isn’t there long-term.

Liquidating the one other guy capable of creating something out of nothing, who is still young, and who is tied to a long-term deal the Blues easily can carry into a 30 year-old checking center on a career heater and some second round picks just ain’t it.

If Sissons were a 25 year-old Phil Danault clone on a good contract who you could envision being that 1-2 punch down the middle with Thomas for years down the road, with guys like Neighbors, Snuggerud and Bolduc filling in the wings, then sure yeah. I think the archetype of that kind of deal would have merit. But definitely not for Sissons.
As always, appreciate the in depth analysis , BK

cheers

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I like the rebuttals from the Blues side. It doesn't really excite me as a Preds fan either. We have some young talented players in our system already, however, who have some similar attributes to Kyrou - just without having had their breakout seasons yet - or the huge contract that goes with that. I'm content to wait and see what we have in Novak, Tomasino, and Evangelista. If given more prime offensive utilization, I don't think they would be very far off producing like Kyrou does. But you need more than those types of players to win NHL hockey games. Maybe I'm underestimating Kyrou, but regardless of that it seems like a thoroughly moot point, since the Blues would never go for this either, so we're all happy here.
:handclap:

• Haha
Reactions: Spektre and Play

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Maybe at first glance, but Sissons would fit great in St Louis.

But fair enough, I like Kyrou too, even though he hasn’t been engaged in his own end this year
You're talking about Colton Sissons... This guy? He’s a 30 year old 3rd liner. He's like a 11 goal scorer and he's solid, but not amazing defensively.

Kyrou scored 37 goals last season. 27 the year before that. He's had two seasons over 73 points. He's 5 years younger than Sissons. You think two low 2nd round picks is the value delta here?

One guy averages .77 PPG and the other just .18 ppg and again Sissons isn't some Selke level player either so don't tell me he's elite defensively. He's not.

Why are the Blues trading a 1st liner for a 3rd liner and two meh picks is my question and I'm an Avs fan that would LMAO if this deal actually happened. So I'm not arguing you as some angry blues fan, but this deal is absolute trash for them.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
“Imagine that “ series originally started by @Indrid Cold

Colton Sissons
Lightning 2024 2nd round pick
Jets 2024 2nd round pick
Preds 2025 2nd pick

For

Jordan Kyrou

Preds get a Kyrou in his prime and younger, and who can score, can also play wing

Blues get a center who can play defence and some assets

Bad value? Random trade?
Man 3 second round picks and Colton Sissons for another teams top line winger in his prime, why would anyone question that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad