Proposal: STL - NSH (Imagine that…)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hello fellow Blues fans. Don't feed the troll. If you click on the name, scroll down and right a bit, you make awful proposals like this go away. This is ignore worthy.

Reactions: Blueston

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Hello fellow Blues fans. Don't feed the troll. If you click on the name, scroll down and right a bit, you make awful proposals like this go away. This is ignore worthy.
Not trolling here, It was an interesting thought I had, but I messed up in my evaluating. I hope you don't ignore me, as I mean well and I will learn from this

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Not trolling here, It was an interesting thought I had, but I messed up in my evaluating. I hope you don't ignore me, as I mean well and I will learn from this
Um no it was a completely awefull post. 25 year old point per game and scored 37 goals last year. 25 and signed for 7 more years in his prime. Think 2 firsts top prospect plus. The offer her is pure junk. Have a great day

Last edited:
Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Um no it was a completely awefull post. 35 year old point per game and scored 37 goals last year. 25 and signed for 7 more years in his prime. Think 2 firsts top prospect plus. The offer her is pure junk. Have a great day
Thank you for your honest feedback, again I will learn from this

You have a great as well sir

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
We don’t really need a center who can play defense. Thomas has been doing a great job filling the ROR mould this year. We need secondary scoring in a bad way.

Trading one of our 3 guys who are capable of scoring at over a 3rd liner pace for a guy who can’t score above that and a bunch of 2nds doesn’t really make sense at all.

Is Kyrous game frustrating at times? Sure but we’re talking about a 26 year old PPG player who i signed to under 10% of the cap prior to an estimated large cap increase.

He’s also made large strides compared to last year in terms of backchecking.

I just can’t wrap my head around where you thought this may have a positive reception.

It looks like a nickel and 3 dimes for a dollar.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
We don’t really need a center who can play defense. Thomas has been doing a great job filling the ROR mould this year. We need secondary scoring in a bad way.

Trading one of our 3 guys who are capable of scoring at over a 3rd liner pace for a guy who can’t score above that and a bunch of 2nds doesn’t really make sense at all.

Is Kyrous game frustrating at times? Sure but we’re talking about a 26 year old PPG player who i signed to under 10% of the cap prior to an estimated large cap increase.

He’s also made large strides compared to last year in terms of backchecking.

I just can’t wrap my head around where you thought this may have a positive reception.

It looks like a nickel and 3 dimes for a dollar.
Sissons is also a great locker room guy, but yeah fair enough agreed. Upon further contemplation, I would say the nickel and three dimes comparison is fair

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Its just super bad. His term his point production and his age means way more than what op asked. 2 firsts top blue chip propsect plus. Worst trade i have seen in long time

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Sissons is also a great locker room guy, but yeah fair enough agreed. Upon further contemplation, I would say the nickel and three dimes comparison is fair
Hate to keep pilling on but why would blues need a great locker room guy. Sounds like preds should just keep him.

It would take mathew wood, Tanner Molendyk, Joakim Kemell and first 2024.

Thats what it would take

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
... chuckling at the allegation Kyrou is slacking defensively "this" year ...
I know right he has been way better this year than next year. His number have taken a hit.

Kyrou + Scandella + 2nd round pick

for

Forsberg.
I like where your head is at. I just think getting a 29 year old and giving up a 26 year old is not the direction we should go. Snuggy dvorsky neighbors stenberg li dstein kessel bolduc dean buchinger gaudette. These are all good young players. Wheb they are ready forsberg will be in decline where is kyrou will be in prime.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I know right he has been way better this year than next year.
I assume you mean than last year, but he was unspeakably wretched last year. it was disgusting, his effort. This year he has been better but by no means good enough defensively. he is still problematically bad. There just isn't any need to move him until they get a true #1 to pair with (not necessarily in the line pairing sense, the addition on the roster sense) Parayko. [Before we get into it I am talking about someone who has an offensive level beyond Paryako, who happily seems in the process of figuring out how to assert offense better. I believe they need another horse along with Parayko, one who can consistently drive offense and be an all-situations, top-opponents player.]

Blues have been able to win more than they should despite a below average overall roster because of overall health and its best players have been in the three key spots: 1G, 1C, 1D. They also gave it the new coach goose job to boost the chances. They will probably get into the playoffs as a wild card but could also miss. If they get in, they clearly have a ceiling and will pick 18th or something. Meh. If they can get a true #1 D (no realistic hopes besides dumb luck) and a strong 2C (Dvorsky in 4 years perhaps), then they will be structured to compete in the playoffs.

It's only when they are structured to compete in the playoffs that they should evaluate Kyrou's market value, since time is on his side. More man-muscle (i.e. time) could help him. He is fairly weak on the puck now.

Having said that, I am simply assuming there is no way to convert Kyrou into a young high end D prospect, which I think is a safe assumption. If the Blues could move Kyrou and get a high end D prospect, I am all ears.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I assume you mean than last year, but he was unspeakably wretched last year. it was disgusting, his effort. This year he has been better but by no means good enough defensively. he is still problematically bad. There just isn't any need to move him until they get a true #1 to pair with (not necessarily in the line pairing sense, the addition on the roster sense) Parayko. [Before we get into it I am talking about someone who has an offensive level beyond Paryako, who happily seems in the process of figuring out how to assert offense better. I believe they need another horse along with Parayko, one who can consistently drive offense and be an all-situations, top-opponents player.]

Blues have been able to win more than they should despite a below average overall roster because of overall health and its best players have been in the three key spots: 1G, 1C, 1D. They also gave it the new coach goose job to boost the chances. They will probably get into the playoffs as a wild card but could also miss. If they get in, they clearly have a ceiling and will pick 18th or something. Meh. If they can get a true #1 D (no realistic hopes besides dumb luck) and a strong 2C (Dvorsky in 4 years perhaps), then they will be structured to compete in the playoffs.

It's only when they are structured to compete in the playoffs that they should evaluate Kyrou's market value, since time is on his side. More man-muscle (i.e. time) could help him. He is fairly weak on the puck now.

Having said that, I am simply assuming there is no way to convert Kyrou into a young high end D prospect, which I think is a safe assumption. If the Blues could move Kyrou and get a high end D prospect, I am all ears.

Dont jump me for this but. Morgan riley would be an amazing addition to parayko. When they played to gether on team north america, they were great. He is.more.offensive but they paired very well together.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Dont jump me for this but. Morgan riley would be an amazing addition to parayko. When they played to gether on team north america, they were great. He is.more.offensive but they paired very well together.

They didn’t need Parayko to be an all situations shut down defenseman either like we currently do. Main reason why Krug isn’t paired with Parayko. We don’t have another defenseman on the roster aside from Scandella that can actually play defense against heavy opposition.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

for

Forsberg.
I think the more appropriate counter-offer would be Saad, STL 2024 2nd, TOR 2024 2nd, STL 2025 2nd for Forsberg. The Preds would have to retain some salary or take Scandella as a cap dump, but I guess in Fantasyland that doesn't really matter.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

for

Forsberg.
Forsberg isn't available. Whatever the intent of this post originally was.

Kyrou at $10.9M next season and $10.5M the year after probably isn't drawing bids from any teams, really. It's great if it works longer term for the Blues, but that's not the kind of player other teams are going to line up to shell out that kind of money for? Right? :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think you can take solace from the fact that MOST players have highly situational valuations that vary greatly over the duration of their careers. At some point, softer offense-only players like Kyrou are probably not going to be considered with as much positivity as they are right now in their prime "glow" phase by their fanbases. Most of those types of players also have periods when they are considered to be "negative value" just on contract terms alone. Maybe that will be less of an issue in future years with inflating Cap numbers? But if not, it's more likely a case of "too soon" on your thought, nothing else. As a Preds fan, I don't want anything to do with that Kyrou contract. I do understand completely that Blues fans might still be in their "honeymoon phase" with the player. That's normal. It will probably all even out in the end. :dunno: And if it doesn't, it was still fair to expect that it would. :dunno:

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
How about, "Hell to the effing no?"

Kyrou's our second-best player next to Robert Thomas, probably our most dynamic offensive threat...and you think your three seconds and middle-six winger is a fair deal for him?!

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
There are reasons to reject the deal, but "this is our second best player" is outright laughable. That is straight up embarrassing talent assessment

BretterThanYou

Sep 17, 2006
Collinsville IL
There are reasons to reject the deal, but "this is our second best player" is outright laughable. That is straight up embarrassing talent assessment
Nobody is saying Kyrou is untouchable. What's really outright laughable is the peanuts the proposal offered in return for our second best player. In fact, a good contingent of responses are saying no with that explanation.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad