Rumor: STL Blues and BOS Bruins trade rumor involving Brayden Schenn

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
when fans look at a team and we all agree on paper they are great... and then they don't perform... we have only a couple possible conclusions to form

1/none of us know what we are talking about when evaluating talent or

2/we don't have all the facts

I think we have to go with option 2 here. something isn't right with the mix st louis put together.

if we follow this logic... we are left struggling to figure it out ourselves... but we know we can assume that the teams insiders and braintrust must be trying to figure it out themselves. if we follow what they are doing we can read their minds how they are thinking

some people say it only makes sense to trade schenn if they get an unbelievable return. that might be true, if... they had an unbelievable offer and pulled the trigger

instead they are shopping him

its like when boston shopped seguin. bruin fans were horrified that we could shop seguin. I said we would shop seguin and my fellow fans wanted to castrate me. they said we would never shop seguin. they said other teams might come and ask about him... but we would never shop seguin

they made a tv show called behind the b's where the camers film the braintrust shopping seguin

the return we got... wasn't unbelievable

im sorry... but when a team identifies a player as a locker room cancer then his value goes down. when a team is shopping a guy after 1 season where he had a career year... warning flags go up. im sorry

will it eventually be boston that trades for him? I don't know... personally im luke warm to get a left shot 3rd line center making 5 mill when I strongly suspect he didn't fit in st louis. I don't make the trades though. if he is willing to play rw we might feel hes a good get. I tend to think it wont happen but its fun to discuss

I just think when he is dealt... a lot of fans will be surprised how cheap he goes for. will st louis recoup the 2 first round picks they gave up for him? I feel... that's about the best they can hope for. luckily it was probably worth a first round pick to rent him last year. can they recoup the second first round pick? I would give up a first for him. hes not perfect. he might not even be ideal for bostons needs. but hes a good player and he might fit into bostons locker room.

a first or something like a first... and something else to beat the competing offers. there will be competing offers. seems Toronto could use him. id be surprised if they didn't make an offer.

might be worth overpaying just to keep him out of their hands

The only person who has identified him as a locker room cancer is you. And AGAIN, we got a 1st and a mid-level prospect for an expiring Stastny at the deadline last year. It doesn't make sense to deal Schenn for that when he has another year left.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
its like when boston shopped seguin. bruin fans were horrified that we could shop seguin. I said we would shop seguin and my fellow fans wanted to castrate me. they said we would never shop seguin. they said other teams might come and ask about him... but we would never shop seguin

5de83ca752337715a485ca54b0c501a7.png

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
when fans look at a team and we all agree on paper they are great... and then they don't perform... we have only a couple possible conclusions to form

I think we have to go with option 2 here. something isn't right with the mix st louis put together.

if we follow this logic... we are left struggling to figure it out ourselves... but we know we can assume that the teams insiders and braintrust must be trying to figure it out themselves. if we follow what they are doing we can read their minds how they are thinking

some people say it only makes sense to trade schenn if they get an unbelievable return. that might be true, if... they had an unbelievable offer and pulled the trigger

they made a tv show called behind the b's where the camers film the braintrust shopping seguin

im sorry... but when a team identifies a player as a locker room cancer then his value goes down. when a team is shopping a guy after 1 season where he had a career year... warning flags go up. im sorry

will it eventually be boston that trades for him? I don't know... personally im luke warm to get a left shot 3rd line center making 5 mill when I strongly suspect he didn't fit in st louis. I don't make the trades though. if he is willing to play rw we might feel hes a good get. I tend to think it wont happen but its fun to discuss

I just think when he is dealt... a lot of fans will be surprised how cheap he goes for. will st louis recoup the 2 first round picks they gave up for him? I feel... that's about the best they can hope for. luckily it was probably worth a first round pick to rent him last year. can they recoup the second first round pick? I would give up a first for him. hes not perfect. he might not even be ideal for bostons needs. but hes a good player and he might fit into bostons locker room.

a first or something like a first... and something else to beat the competing offers. there will be competing offers. seems Toronto could use him. id be surprised if they didn't make an offer.

There is a strong feeling from people in the know that Seguin was indeed a cancer in Boston’s locker room. A significant one. That trade happened lightening quick and, yes, the return was underwhelming.

I’ve seen no such indication that that is true of Schenn. IMO it’s not fair to suggest that just because a struggling team may or may not be listening to offers for a valuable asset.

To me it’s not rocket science. Schenn is a versatile guy who can play C and Wing. He’s a physical player with scoring ability. He’s coming off a career year. He only has 18 months left on his contract. STL is having a very tough season.

Given all that why would Armstrong not be listening to offers that clearly are being/going to me made for this guy?

And while we are at it, why would Toronto be interested in Schenn? Toronto doesn’t need more offense. They need D and a decent backup goalie. Don’t see too many games won 9-8 in the playoffs!:huh:

Reactions: The Note in MI

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Been researching and watching. Lauzon is really growing on me! He is just about a perfect fit. Lauzon and JFK?

Can see why you like Lauzon. IMO him and Vaakaneinen are both going to be really solid d-men for a lot of years - and probably the B's best two prospects.
As a Bruins fan I really like the idea of having those two on the left with McAvoy and Carlo - as you could pretty much wash your hands of it and know you have your defence set-up for the next decade. It's amazing how quickly it went from a place of post-Chara worry amongst Bruins fans to having arguably the strongest group of young d-men in the league.
But they do still have Chara, Moore, Krug, Gryz- possibly Zboril and Axel Andersson on the left side so wouldn't be surprised if he is moved.

Up front it gets tougher. Bruins have 6-8 B to B+ prospects where you might as well throw a dart. You might get the best of the bunch or you might get a guy whom washes out. No idea.
Frederic, Studnicka, Bjork, Heinen, Donato, JFK - possibly Senyshyn, etc.

Reactions: veganbruin

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017

Just to be clear, the Blues aren't shopping him. That's not saying he won't get traded. But there is a difference.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
There is a strong feeling from people in the know that Seguin was indeed a cancer in Boston’s locker room. A significant one. That trade happened lightening quick and, yes, the return was underwhelming.

I’ve seen no such indication that that is true of Schenn. IMO it’s not fair to suggest that just because a struggling team may or may not be listening to offers for a valuable asset.

To me it’s not rocket science. Schenn is a versatile guy who can play C and Wing. He’s a physical player with scoring ability. He’s coming off a career year. He only has 18 months left on his contract. STL is having a very tough season.

Given all that why would Armstrong not be listening to offers that clearly are being/going to me made for this guy?

And while we are at it, why would Toronto be interested in Schenn? Toronto doesn’t need more offense. They need D and a decent backup goalie. Don’t see too many games won 9-8 in the playoffs!:huh:

Completely agree. Nothing that has been said or done points to Schenn being a locker room issue.

I'd say St. Louis is doing the prudent thing in listening to offers and floating his name. He's only 7/8 months removed from a career 70 point season and is really struggling. If they're worried about re-signing him or think they have cheaper option on the horizon then now is the time to sell while teams will still look to his recent success from last year and the chance he regains form. The further he gets from that successful season and continues to struggle the more his value depreciates.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Completely agree. Nothing that has been said or done points to Schenn being a locker room issue.

I'd say St. Louis is doing the prudent thing in listening to offers and floating his name. He's only 7/8 months removed from a career 70 point season and is really struggling.... The further he gets from that successful season and continues to struggle the more his value depreciates.
You pretty much described the entire Blues roster outside of ROR and Sundqvist. Outside of those two, probably every player will have a career down year

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I have to admit, the prospect of having Tyler Bozak as our #2C terrifies me.

Not me. Helps us tank for a top 10 pick this year.

Then Robert Thomas is the 2C next year when we try to compete again. I don't think that is asking too much of him at age 20 after a full year of improving in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad