OT: Still Much Ado About Kovy - Still still in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
I think we can realistically do Kovy + picking up a salary dump from another team to a contender in cap trouble for their 2017 1st. If we have to add a little something, like a 3rd or something, fine.

Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Nashville, St. Louis, Chicago, Montreal, Columbus, Tampa, Boston, SJ, NYR (will never happen), Edmonton, LA could all use a player like Kovy and are all realistically a contender next year.

Could even add Toronto, Calgary to that mix.

LA, Tampa, Calgary are 11, 13, 16 so unlikely to give those picks up, but if we added it could be in play.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading somewhere that 2017 draft picks are not available, he would need to be signed and traded after the draft

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If Draisatl continues to carry his own line at C. There is no way they can afford a 6mill 3C for very long.

Yeah, but until they have to sign Draisatl and McDavid, I don't see the $$ as a big issue. I'd say level of play would be the issue. How good is RNH? #'s suggest not very. Over last 2 seasons, 9th on team in es p/60. A negative relative corsi. Like Eberle an awful playoff run.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I think the darkhorse is the Wild. Parise is going to be 33 next year so his window is closing and he has played with Kovy, as we all know. And they seemed to like and respect each other, wouldn't be surprised if Parise pushes Kovy to the Wild management.

kiwidevil

Yeah, but until they have to sign Draisatl and McDavid, I don't see the $$ as a big issue. I'd say level of play would be the issue. How good is RNH? #'s suggest not very. Over last 2 seasons, 9th on team in es p/60. A negative relative corsi. Like Eberle an awful playoff run.

Draisatl needs a contract now, McDavid needs one next year. According to some of their metrics, Russel is the best Dman on the team.

Will they risk a bridge with Drai? Don't think so. McDavid is likely to get a max contract. Cagguila, Nurse and Slepyshev come off ELC after this year too.

RNH is signed for 4 more years after this. They need to start thinking about cap now.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Lol at the people who think a 24 NHL regular would be coming back for a 34 year basket case.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Draisatl needs a contract now, McDavid needs one next year. According to some of their metrics, Russel is the best Dman on the team.

Will they risk a bridge with Drai? Don't think so. McDavid is likely to get a max contract. Cagguila, Nurse and Slepyshev come off ELC after this year too.

RNH is signed for 4 more years after this. They need to start thinking about cap now.

Agreed they will look to move both him and Eberle at some point in the future. I would take either.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Lol at the people who think a 24 NHL regular would be coming back for a 34 year basket case.

Have dumb sports trades ceased happening? Just saying, you never know even so I doubt we'll fleece anyone like Lou did to Toronto trading Tom Kurvers for their first rounder that got us Scott Niedermayer.

But it does still happen.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I'm just trying to think what Florida could realistically give us that we want and isn't scrubby mcscrubface if this Kovy/Florida thing is valid whatsoever

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Unless there's a team out there that thinks Kovalchuk puts them over the top next year, what negotiating power does Shero really have for a sign and trade that benefits the Devils other than getting a body in return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad