Confirmed with Link: Sticky thread check!

Kill which stickies?

• Season ticket holders

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • Fan-to-fan ticket sales

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Draft and UDFA thread

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Minor league thread

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Prospects

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
We have been asked to cut down from nine stickies to seven.

GDT/PGT/PreGTs, Around the NHL, NYC Thread, and HFNYR Rules will be stuck.

Which two of the remaining stickies should go?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Feels like the minor league thread and prospects thread are basically the same.

Definitely ditch the minor league thread IMO. Should probably just have one big prospecy thread.

Reactions: romba

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I've always felt if a thread is posted in daily there's no need for it to be stickied.

Last edited:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
The majority of the time there isn’t a PGT/GDT stuck, so I don’t see why it should count as one of the seven. What’s the problem with eight only on game days and seven that are permanent?

But whatever the case is, I couldn’t care less if the STH thread goes. Seems pretty niche. The vast majority of members here do not have season tickets.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Season ticket holders - do we really need an own topic on that? I thought that is private if a person want to buy a season ticket to watch Rangers, and it`s usually limited to those who live nearby for sure. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: YearOfTheCat

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Feels like the minor league thread and prospects thread are basically the same.

Definitely ditch the minor league thread IMO. Should probably just have one big prospecy thread.

Mostly, I don’t know why the minor league thread is separate from the prospects thread either.

They've been separated because you can have discussion about Hartford as a franchise, or talk about attendance, veteran players on the team, etc. Basically, there's a lot that would be appropriate to discuss in a thread about Hartford and Greenville that wouldn't necessarily fit in a thread dedicated solely to prospects.

That said, I wouldn't care if it was folded into one thread.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
how about you don't unsticky anything and instead give us the effing option to effing ignore effing threads we want to effing ignore (can you tell im pissed this hasnt been implemented yet?)

Reactions: Ail

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
how about you don't unsticky anything and instead give us the effing option to effing ignore effing threads we want to effing ignore (can you tell im pissed this hasnt been implemented yet?)
We have been told that the Xenforo hack that allows thread ignore causes performance issues. Unless something better comes along, it's not happening.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

We are well aware that users want that ability and unfortunately the designers of Xenforo decided not to include it. We tested a third party option and it caused unacceptable performance issues on the server.

There is a workaround where every thread allows you to watch it and then by selecting watched threads you will only see what you are watching.

It's not perfect but it is doable.

upload_2017-11-29_1-3-1.png

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I've always felt if a thread is posted in daily there's no need for it to be stickied.

Pretty much which is why I don’t understand why GDT or PGT needs to be stickies. If you get rid of that as a sticky and combine the prospect threads you’ll have basically everything still at the top that’s important that might not be posted in daily which is the point of stickies.

Reactions: Kane One and Ori

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Pretty much which is why I don’t understand why GDT or PGT needs to be stickies. If you get rid of that as a sticky and combine the prospect threads you’ll have basically everything still at the top that’s important that might not be posted in daily which is the point of stickies.

This is how we do it on the Bruins board.

The GDT becomes a sticky because they is helpful to people on mobile devices. As soon as the game ends - a PGT is started and the GDT is unstuck and the PGT is never stuck. It has worked out well for us.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
They've been separated because you can have discussion about Hartford as a franchise, or talk about attendance, veteran players on the team, etc. Basically, there's a lot that would be appropriate to discuss in a thread about Hartford and Greenville that wouldn't necessarily fit in a thread dedicated solely to prospects.

That said, I wouldn't care if it was folded into one thread.

I agree with you--except I really do not want them folded into one thread. I don't really have time to follow players in Juniors or in college--but I do keep up with what's going on in Hartford.

As for the ones to unsticky--season ticket holders and the ticket re-sale threads are more specialized. They have a dedicated group who are going to be able to find the thread easily enough.

This is a message board about hockey's future after all. The exiled threads aren't going to banished, never to be seen again.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
My proposals:

1. We refuse and go with 9 (btw can we unionize? I don’t think they can kick us if we are in the process of forming an union)

2. If not, what Savant said.

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Merge season tickets and fan ticket sales

Merge prospects and minors.

Problem solved

I second or third, or whatever this. Or just unstick the ticket threads entirely since it's a relatively small portion of the board.

Reactions: Krams

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I like having the AHL/ECHL and prospects(CHL, Europe, NCAA, etc) threads separate personally. The former are directly tied to the Rangers franchise.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
As one of the people that posts in the season ticket holder thread, you’re better off unstickying one of the threads as opposed to merging that with the individual game sales thread. The season ticket holder thread has a lot of valuable info within the thread to the people that post in it that will get buried and tough to find if it’s merged with a bunch of posts of people looking to buy or sell tickets.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I like having the AHL/ECHL and prospects(CHL, Europe, NCAA, etc) threads separate personally. The former are directly tied to the Rangers franchise.

Agreed. One thread is about a team, the other is about individuals. Throwing the two threads together would just mean having two separate conversations on the one thread. I can't see it working at all.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
As one of the people that posts in the season ticket holder thread, you’re better off unstickying one of the threads as opposed to merging that with the individual game sales thread. The season ticket holder has a lot of valuable info within the thread to the people that post in it that will get buried and tough to find if ted merged with a bunch of posts of people looking to buy or sell tickets.

Agreed there too--if you're merging two things together, they need to have some common points. The conversation in those two threads are completely different.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
We are well aware that users want that ability and unfortunately the designers of Xenforo decided not to include it. We tested a third party option and it caused unacceptable performance issues on the server.

There is a workaround where every thread allows you to watch it and then by selecting watched threads you will only see what you are watching.

It's not perfect but it is doable.

View attachment 85399
Remove the 5 billion ads you guys inundate us with and give us the ignore feature....performance issues solved.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Agreed. One thread is about a team, the other is about individuals. Throwing the two threads together would just mean having two separate conversations on the one thread. I can't see it working at all.
Propose something different then :)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Remove the 5 billion ads you guys inundate us with and give us the ignore feature....performance issues solved.
Highlighted... Why do you have to be so salty? The admins and moderators have literally zero control over what Crave/Evolve Media decides to do with the site in terms of advertising. You do understand there's a business entity that owns this site, right? And that bitching at random admins will not magically make less ads appear? The moderators and admins are volunteers, many of whom commit dozens of hours each week to making sure this place runs as smoothly as possible. They themselves have a lot of things they'd like to see changed around here, but again, they don't own the f***ing site. I don't understand the hostility towards a bunch of volunteers.

Reactions: romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad