RDS: Stephane Langdeau resigns from RDS

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You can't fire a guy on account of reputation alone. It all hinges on what you can prove that happened. They need evidence and if they don't have it, there's nothing they can do about it other than firing him for no cause and engage in a lawsuit, or negotiate to have him leave and offer appropriate compensation.

Last edited:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
[MOD]

You can't fire a guy on account of reputation alone. It all hinges on what you can prove that happened. They need evidence and if they don't have it, there's nothing they can do about it other than firing him for no cause and engage in a lawsuit, or negotiate to have him leave and offer appropriate compensation.

True, but all you have to do is an internal investigation. You don’t need to let criminal or civil proceedings play out. Fire for cause and see if the party wants to litigate and endure the discovery process.

Usually if someone is a creep or tool in the office people know. Greg Zaun was apparently an open secret at Rogers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
True, but all you have to do is an internal investigation. You don’t need to let criminal or civil proceedings play out. Fire for cause and see if the party wants to litigate and endure the discovery process.

Usually if someone is a creep or tool in the office people know. Greg Zaun was apparently an open secret at Rogers.

I've said as much, in terms of what the organization can do -- its due diligence internally.

My response within the particular context of the post you're referencing, was in terms of what the organization can directly do with the individual.

I agree that the standard in terms of an employer is not to wait for legal proceedings to occur -- it has an independent obligation to ensure that it has implemented measures and a system and has allocated resources that allow for a victimized employee to be able to be protected, otherwise the directors may be held personally liable.

Reactions: Tighthead

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Guys , if we delete some comments or ask you to be careful with what you're posting it's because we have good reasons to do so. Reasons that we dont have to explain to you , i believe it's clear for 99% of you , but guess i had to explain it for the 1%.

Not everything is up to debate, when we ask you something in particular we have a reason behind it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Reactions: Habsddicted

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Leroux did what he had to do. If indeed there are victims in this, let them come forward and let the justice system decide rather than the court of public opinion.

I'm more curious about Langdeau's decision to resign, as the incident that is alleged to have led to his resignation, was allegedly not about him.

From what I've read, when Gary said that the initials were S.L. and that he was on-air right now, some people, including Stephane, jumped to the conclusion that it was Stephane Langdeau. He received a few hate mails or voice messages or something like that about it and that's when he called Gary to try to "talk some sense" into him.

Gary then did a lawsuit against Langdeau at the SPM because he "feared for his life" and that is what got Langdeau suspended. He then resigned because it's probably gonna go to court unless Leroux can get the other guy to remove his lawsuit.

I might have the wrong word when I say lawsuit.

To me, the more I read about this story, the more it smells like bullshit from Gary's side. Let's see where this goes

Last edited:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Langdeau was advised by RDS management not to contact Gary Daignailt, but he didn’t listen and he called threatening him. This is why he was suspended and later resigned. That’s what I’ve read this morning.

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From what I've read, when Gary said that the initials were S.L. and that he was on-air right now, some people, including Stephane, jumped to the conclusion that it was Stephane Langdeau. He received a few hate mails or voice messages or something like that about it and that's when he called Gary to try to "talk some sense" into him.

Gary then did a lawsuit against Langdeau at the SPM because he "feared for his life" and that is what got Langdeau suspended. He then resigned because it's probably gonna go to court unless Leroux can get the other guy to remove his lawsuit.

I might have the wrong word when I say lawsuit.

To me, the more I read about this story, the more it smells like bull**** from Gary's side. Let's see where this goes

This Gary guy cannot institute proceedings on the criminal side, he can only file a complaint with the police. It's up to prosecutors to decide if there are enough elements and tests being met, for them to take a case. This is a totally different context than the lawsuit from Leroux that is civil in nature and where he's in control of the proceedings until they are being adjudicated upon. Leroux can always choose to withdraw his suit or make a settlement. The Gary guy has no such discretion should his alleged complaint lead prosecutors to move forward with a criminal proceeding.

Once a criminal case is in motion, the individual who made the original complaint, does not have the power to put an end to it, hence, the civil and criminal matters in this particular example, are following their own course separate from one another.

Even if Leroux were to abandon his civil action, it would have no impact upon the prosecutors' decision to issue or not proceedings or to continue or not with proceedings once they are issued.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Langdeau was advised by RDS management not to contact Gary Daignailt, but he didn’t listen and he called threatening him. This is why he was suspended and later resigned. That’s what I’ve read this morning.

If this is what happened, RDS had enough on their hands to suspend him. It's the step that followed the suspension that is extreme. Why would Langdeau resign from a lucrative job in high demand in an industry that is difficult to accede and by the same token, lose his acquired rights and namely, the right to severance? It doesn't add up. I have the impression that there's a lot more to the story than they've let on so far.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If this is what happened, RDS had enough on their hands to suspend him. It's the step that followed the suspension that is extreme. Why would Langdeau resign from a lucrative job in high demand in an industry that is difficult to accede and by the same token, lose his acquired rights and namely, the right to severance? It doesn't add up. I have the impression that there's a lot more to the story than they've let on so far.

I had heard that RDS would be pulling the plug on L'Antichambre after this season. Maybe he could care less. Who knows?

Reactions: Runner77

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

I've always wondered why RDS made that guy host of a show... he's really dumb. Some would say that's par for the course at RDS but even by their standards he's pretty bad.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had heard that RDS would be pulling the plug on L'Antichambre after this season. Maybe he could care less. Who knows?

Interesting. However, I also read that the show has too much of a following for that to happen.

Is it a matter of wanting to apply a fresh coat of paint by rejigging the format? Or was Langdeau in fact jumping from a concept about to fold and where he did not see a future for himself? This should become more clear over the next few months. Still, Langdeau had far more to lose by doing what he did rather than have RDS terminate him.

Last edited:

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018
I remember when internet troll where writinf shit to Langdeau on social media like way back. He addresses the troll before Lantichambre saying to not insult him anymore haha.

He is an egomaniac. Glab hes gone bye piece of shit

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I don't like this guy but I completely understand why he did what he did. Sucks that he lost his job for that.. and again I don't even like him as a host.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad