RDS: Stephane Langdeau resigns from RDS

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I posted in the other thread.
...And yeah, that Daigneau piece came out a month ago. One would think that, if RDS wanted to do something, they'd probably have have done it by now. Hell they'd have done it since at least 3 weeks ago. Now that story just got significantly bigger.

The story said Langdeau left not that he was fired.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When it comes to the montreal sports media, my **** list is looooong

272457.jpg

:sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
thats surely will tottaly confuse RDS' target audience

He's not your typical moulin-à-paroles. There is a lot of thought and substance when Denis speaks. It's rather unusual, especially coming from a retired pro athlete. And then you add the eloquence he exhibits in both languages and the ability to ad lib and get to a point quickly, he's a rising media star.

I don't know what his ambitions are but he has the potential to be much more than he is now.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Totally confused.

Ok it’s not Langdeau the one accused of sexual harrassment. But why he’s the one who resigned then? And that other SL guy wow if true. The guy is basically everywhere in the media already, how come no body said anything about this and is still employed?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Totally confused.

Ok it’s not Langdeau the one accused of sexual harrassment. But why he’s the one who resigned then? And that other SL guy wow if true. The guy is basically everywhere in the media already, how come no body said anything about this and is still employed?

They are related, yet unrelated incidents.

Langdeau allegedly took it upon himself to intervene with the individual who made the original allegations about his colleague and in doing so, it escalated to the point that he must have violated a contractual obligation with RDS. Since he was a long time employee, they may have given him the option to resign as a face-saving measure, rather than be terminated. However, assuming this is what happened, Langdeau should have consulted a lawyer (and maybe he did, who knows). The reporting of this as it stands begs for far more questions than it provides answers.

member 256847

This used car salesman will not be missed by me. He certainly contributed to the vitriolic tone in the Montreal sports media over the last few years. Good riddance, whatever the reason for his departure.

Here's hoping for a level-headed replacement.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The alleged acts of the individual who is supposedly its author may have never been publicly exposed were it not for the overwhelming influence of the #metoo movement. If these acts were so known and widespread, I wonder why mention of them hasn't happened sooner, at a time when others from the field of Quebec entertainment were being exposed a few weeks ago.

Which is why we need to proceed with caution, since the individual who is allegedly responsible, is continuing to be employed and no legal proceedings have been issued against him.

Reactions: dinodebino

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The alleged acts of the individual who is supposedly its author may have never been publicly exposed were it not for the overwhelming influence of the #metoo movement. If these acts were so known and widespread, I wonder why mention of them hasn't happened sooner, at a time when others from the field of Quebec entertainment were being exposed a few weeks ago.

Which is why we need to proceed with caution, since the individual who is allegedly responsible, is continuing to be employed and no legal proceedings have been issued against him.

...It's also very likely that the behaviour was in no way illegal, but totally reprehensible.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
...It's also very likely that the behaviour was in no way illegal, but totally reprehensible.

There is a realm of probabilities to be sure. In this type of scenario, we've also seen a lot of victims who need time before they can gather the courage to come forward. Also, there is the risk of personal liability for those in management who have been made aware of a situation of abuse taking place within the workplace and who have not intervened or have acted too late. If RDS is moving to protect their employee, they also have a vested interest in doing so.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Everyone knows who everyone's talking about at this point. The news is out there. Is there any point not to mention his name anymore? It's not like it's libel, the story isn't coming from here.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Rds best asset for me in any sport is......Pierre vercheval.

I watch NFL on cbs , fox, espn and rds and honestly for me the best analyst is....vercheval

That guy is amazing...he sees everything on the line of scrimmage. Ha has no complex VI's à vis the Americans analysts

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
[MOD]

I know this must real hard for you, but just imagine I didn't go on RDS and didnt heard about the story before late last night. Anyways, it's all good, I forgive you, peasant XD.

I'm really surprised. I wasn't and still is not around the rink as much as others. Neve really liked the guy but , hey, that doesn't mean he's a prédateur, right?

I am not surprised at all RDS is keeping him, first they don't have anybody to replace him short terms. They also kept anyone that got in problem. Which is sad and shameful

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I always feel the worst things are always covered up. We'll never know the real story and if Langdeau knows something, he will keep his mouth shut. Same with politics, medias, etc. The metoo thing hasn't done that much damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad