Statement from Plattner // Plus DW Conference Call tweets

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Someone's getting a laugh out of it though...

earlsleek 2:56pm via Web
"Because of our tendency to get murdered in the playoffs, plus the popularity of Game of Thrones, our team name is now the San Jose Starks."

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Pretty brief statement. But tells everything we knew would happen.

BnoNNToIEAA4CRG.jpg

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Well, at least we will have some changes as the prospects for a more interesting summer are finally here. :handclap:

I'll be interested to see what DW says next about the changes to come, or if he says anything.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
The one interesting thing to take out of this is this line:
"We are not satisfied with the status quo of the last few seasons"

The difference being previously they have kind of just said status quo, but this a little more specifically points out a personnel issue spanning multiple seasons. I think they are targeting players who specifically have had very poor performances in the last 2-3 years, and are considered key players/core players.

How they make that determination is a mystery, but I think it likely confirms that we are going to see a blockbuster or two this off-season.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
And if all DW does is get rid of / let walk Havlat, Hannan, Boyle and Kennedy, then you know Plattner and DW play the fans for fools. All of that was sunk cost going into the playoffs.

Reiterating that status quo isn't acceptable sets a higher expectation for player changes.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
The one interesting thing to take out of this is this line:
"We are not satisfied with the status quo of the last few seasons"

The difference being previously they have kind of just said status quo, but this a little more specifically points out a personnel issue spanning multiple seasons. I think they are targeting players who specifically have had very poor performances in the last 2-3 years, and are considered key players/core players.

How they make that determination is a mystery, but I think it likely confirms that we are going to see a blockbuster or two this off-season.

Blockbuster? Time to sign a 4th line veteran. :naughty:

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Blockbuster? Time to sign a 4th line veteran. :naughty:

Bringing heatley back 5mill per. " he's dany heatley he's an allstar, putting him back on joes wing should lead us to success that we had when we went to. 2 wcf with him." I can see it now. O yeah then sign kevin westgate the to a 5 year 15 mill contract. Sounds about right

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Pretty much what I excepted to hear from Hasso. Nothing to do now but wait and see how DW measures "change"...

Gonna be tweaks. But it's time he made more of the right tweaks (shipping out Clowe/Murray, Nichol, Malholtra) and less of the terribad ones (Kennedy, Burish, Wallin, Huskins, Moen, shipping out McGinn, Niemenen, Guerin, etc). Jury's still out on Handzus, he was terrible here but awesome everywhere else. Not sure if that's on DW, Handzus, or TM. Lean towards TM.

His #1 change should be refusing to acquire any player that's won a Stanley Cup. That'll eliminate 90% of his mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad