Statement from Plattner // Plus DW Conference Call tweets

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd give Pavs one more year of plateau, but I do think that when he falls that it will be much quicker than JT.

It would depend on how serious they are on this rebuild thing. If they're serious about it and/or both Thornton and Marleau want/need to go then Pavs should probably go too. They aren't contending and would be a fringe playoff team without those two and Pavs would likely be trending down hard by the time they would turn it around.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Yup. I was going to read it but saw who wrote it. At least McKeon is analyzing the situation. He only reports on the Sharks when there is a "controversy".

Kawakami and McKeon are not apples-to-apples. McKeon is dedicated to the Sharks, Kawakami is a general sports editorialist like Purdy so naturally McKeon will have more in-depth analysis. McKeon is by far better than Kurz or Pollak.

I'd normally agree - Kawakami is a **** stirrer and it's frankly annoying to see him make hay with the Niners / Harbaugh.

But this article on the Sharks wasn't so bad. Just that DW created this "country club/Joe and Patty are on a pedestal" culture - in fact, sentiments I hear Easy complain about...

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
And as for your Mem Cup winners theory, the reason the Sharks drafted Matt Carle over Shea Weber was because Weber didn't win the Mem Cup.

dafoe.gif

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Tommy Wingels? Jason Demers? Justin Braun? Alex Stalock? Joe Pavelski?

Wingels started in the NHL, and might have played more in San Jose that season if there was a spot for his skill set.

Braun was pretty much NHL ready when he got here and played about half a season here.

Mentioning Pavelski as a Worcester product is one of Wilson's favorite PR statements. Wilson always neglects to mention Pavelski went 8-18-26 in 16 games here, so it's not like he needed development.

I will quote from Roy Sommer on Alex Stalock: "Goalies are goalies, who the (expletive) knows what one is going to turn into until he does".

That leaves Demers.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
PollakOnSharks 9:08am via Web
Last month shows no shame in losing series to scary-good LAK. But it's HOW the #SJSharks lost that mandates change. And yes, HOW matters.

PollakOnSharks 9:09am via Web
And it matters more because of #SJSharks history of playoff disappointment. More a culmination than a fluke.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Wingels started in the NHL, and might have played more in San Jose that season if there was a spot for his skill set.

Braun was pretty much NHL ready when he got here and played about half a season here.

Mentioning Pavelski as a Worcester product is one of Wilson's favorite PR statements. Wilson always neglects to mention Pavelski went 8-18-26 in 16 games here, so it's not like he needed development.

I will quote from Roy Sommer on Alex Stalock: "Goalies are goalies, who the (expletive) knows what one is going to turn into until he does".

That leaves Demers.

Lol, dynamite quote from Sommer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00