Speculation: Start of 2nd round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Best guess is Friday - especially if Caps/Canes go 7. Barclays and Capital 1 are both free on Friday.

If all series end in 6 (except for Tor/Bos), it could start earlier. Probably not earlier than Thursday though.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Best guess is Friday - especially if Caps/Canes go 7. Barclays and Capital 1 are both free on Friday.

If all series end in 6 (except for Tor/Bos), it could start earlier. Probably not earlier than Thursday though.

Makes sense, if one of tonight's games go to 7 (even if western conf) , then we can basically bank on a Friday earliest start..

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Makes sense, if one of tonight's games go to 7 (even if western conf) , then we can basically bank on a Friday earliest start..

If one or more series goes to Wed, I suppose they could stagger the starts and make some series start on Friday, some on Saturday. I hope we go on Friday though. I'd rather not give the Caps an extra day off.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
If Caps clinch tonight I would think Isles-Caps starts Thursday and the CBJ-TOR/BOS is slated for Friday?

If WSH/CAR extends to Wednesday, then I think Isles-WSH/CAR would be Saturday and with CBJ-TOR/BOS is still on Friday?

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
This is easily the best problem to have and certainly #Firstworldproblems, but I have two bachelor parties before the cup is given out.... I was smart and had MY party in Feb up in Montreal (unreal place). One one friend's is Thurs - Sunday in Asheville, NC and my other friends is May 30th - June 2nd....

So I'm selfishly rooting for the Caps in a game 7 so I won't miss any home games and so the 'Revenge' tour can continue.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Hopefully there is not a game on Sunday to be honest unless it is later. This is my girlfriends first Islander playoff run and she still thinks I am joking about not going to her brother's 22nd birthday party if the Islanders are playing.

Although I suppose it is a win-win. I would have to go to a winery so I'll just sit down and watch the game there. Maybe I should go to appease everyone.

Luckily you will all be updated on my decision.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Hopefully there is not a game on Sunday to be honest unless it is later. This is my girlfriends first Islander playoff run and she still thinks I am joking about not going to her brother's 22nd birthday party if the Islanders are playing.

Although I suppose it is a win-win. I would have to go to a winery so I'll just sit down and watch the game there. Maybe I should go to appease everyone.

Make sure you build as many "annual trips" this year as you can manage. If you put those on the calendar now, she'll think its normal...."I guess Yearly ALWAYS goes duck hunting with his cousins for 10 days in August....OK, I guess."

But if you establish the norm and then try to add on that annual Vegas trip over Memorial Day, you're gonna get the "What do you mean? We always visit Aunt Sophie over Memorial Day!" and then you lose.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Make sure you build as many "annual trips" this year as you can manage. If you put those on the calendar now, she'll think its normal...."I guess Yearly ALWAYS goes duck hunting with his cousins for 10 days in August....OK, I guess."

But if you establish the norm and then try to add on that annual Vegas trip over Memorial Day, you're gonna get the "What do you mean? We always visit Aunt Sophie over Memorial Day!" and then you lose.

Interesting.. I like this thought process and this is why I suppose the veterans have such valuable experience to tell the youngsters eh?

I do think that I have built the Islanders into the relationship really well though. She knows not to bother me on Sunday's during football season and mostly during the hockey season. Certainly has some work to do in the playoff department though. Is there some sort of 1-2 month long annual trip I can go on during the playoffs?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If Caps and Stars win tonight I have seen some speculation game 1 may be Wednesday. Remember the Caps arena is preparing for a possible game 7 that night anyway so its not really any harm in just having the game 1 that night

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013

Have the party at Delvino vineyard in Northport. They have televisions, that they play sports on, at the bar inside and they serve beer.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Doesn't the NHL normally like at least days between rounds? I really don't think they're going to give the winner of round 1 a single day between rounds to get prepared.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Islanders restricting tickets to those in NY/NJ/CT...does not really work since the other fans invade off stubhub anyway

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Doesn't the NHL normally like at least days between rounds? I really don't think they're going to give the winner of round 1 a single day between rounds to get prepared.
That’s the penalty for not finishing your series sooner.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
To be honest it's absurd they haven't announce this yet. Not only the teams but fans need to plan and buy tickets. There's no way the NHL doesn't know the series will start on (blank) if caps win or (blank) if canes win. Why not just announce it ? Does knowing somehow take away from the game 7s.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
To be honest it's absurd they haven't announce this yet. Not only the teams but fans need to plan and buy tickets. There's no way the NHL doesn't know the series will start on (blank) if caps win or (blank) if canes win. Why not just announce it ? Does knowing somehow take away from the game 7s.

Because there are 3 other matchups still being decided. You have to take in scheduling all for all 4 matchups NHL doesn't want to schedule them all at the same time or days it's spread out to optimize more viewers. So what do you want them to release like 6 different scheduling possibilities? So if Boston/Vegas/caps win isles will play Friday at 7. If Boston/Vegas/canes win isles will play Saturday at 1pm. If Boston/San Jose/caps win isles will play at... every sport does this.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Because there are 3 other matchups still being decided. You have to take in scheduling all for all 4 matchups NHL doesn't want to schedule them all at the same time or days it's spread out to optimize more viewers. So what do you want them to release like 6 different scheduling possibilities? So if Boston/Vegas/caps win isles will play Friday at 7. If Boston/Vegas/canes win isles will play Saturday at 1pm. If Boston/San Jose/caps win isles will play at... every sport does this.

Yep, and there are multiple scenarios for each match up based off arena availability and flexibility I'm sure. Are the Isles home or away to start? What events are scheduled at each arena? Do they need to be moved? Etc., etc.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
would be BS if the series did not start on Friday, I mean given the Islanders have been off for the last week and a 1/2, yea I am sure they would like to give the Canes/Capitals an extra day off but win it in less than 7 games if you want the extra day off, if they did not give the Islanders even 48 hours after the Penguin upset in 1993 no sympathy on anyone else

there is also a Cher concert on Thurs/May 2nd that is the only loop in the scheduling and that is if they are playing the Capitals, so they might just start the series on Saturday if the Islanders are playing the Capitals to have a game every other day, and if the Canes it doesn't matter because that concert will have no effect, and this is also just assuming the Nets are going to get eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad