GDT: STARS @ MTL | He was really Patioready | Mar. 13, 2018 7:30pm ET, TSN2 RDS 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Remember when people said Jordie Benn was a top four defenseman easily.. and the Habs protected him in the expansion draft..

then they signed Karl Alzner :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I remember that!!!! Man oh man "Alzner can easily replace Markov" was said..... my memory could be wrong thou.

Also Kudo to Runner for a great GTD theme, Love the Patio stuff.
Max saw we weren't making the POs and decided to start the patio season early!

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Remember when people said Jordie Benn was a top four defenseman easily.. and the Habs protected him in the expansion draft..

Emelin was overpaid at 4 million, Beaulieu is a disaster, and Benn was a stable bottom pairing dman last year who showed he couldn't handle top 4 minutes. This year, Benn is an unstable bottom pairing dman, Beaulieu is still a distaster, and Emelin sounds like he's settled in as a stable bottom pairing dman. Still I don't want to pay a bottom pair dman 4 million a year. All in all, the dcore had to be rebuilt. Losing Emelin in the expansion draft and getting a 3rd for Beaulieu isn't the worst thing that could happen. It's how it was rebuilt that was the problem (Alzner, Schlemko, Davidson, Morrow, and Jerabek). We needed Markov on the top pair.

Now, hopefully Juulsen, Mete and/or Reilly can be NHL ready next year. Alzner looks like a stable bottom pairing dman, but is way over payed for the role. If one of Mete, Juulsen, or Reilly can play like a top 4, that will balance things out as they're paid entry level salaries. And we still need Markov's replacement.

_____ Weber
Mete/Reilly Petry
Alzner Juulsen

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

That's my cue :dunce:

(dusting off old 'shoops)

DUB86CAXcAANSgG.jpg

dc6053.jpg

The Bergevin Kool Aid. Drink it!

DMfB1nYUMAAvLRA.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There goes your theme @Runner77, Jaffy's maple syrup vs Maple Leafs on Saturday

Edit. You can even add the whole dysfunctional family dinner at la Cabane. Instead you put in Drouin who's pouting, Pacioretty who's always absent, Price that needs a tan because he was shut in the whole winter and it's actually the first time that he comes out, Galchenyuk who can't sit at the center and needs to be on the sides, etc.

You've got some great ideas there. I just don't have that kind of shooping ability. Maybe if we can get Blou to make more than a cameo ... ;)

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Man, that's never going to get old. Can't wait for the Bergevin days to be behind us. Maybe we'll need a sale by the Molson group for that to happen.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
The only good thing left about this team is that we are in contention for a 1st overall aka Dahlin. Everything else is a major fail

So in that context i like that D. Perfect for tanking !!!

Only 7pts in front of Arizona in the Dahlin sweepstakes. We can do it guys !!! Go Tank Go !!!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I literally now no longer watch and don’t care how badly they lose. Sadly Niemi will steal the game tonight.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I hope the Montreal faithful will cheer Radulov. He is sorely missed. I blame Bergevin’s ineptitude for this debacle. Markov and Radulov should have never been allowed to leave

Yeah I hope Bergevin's face is shown on the big screen and he gets the boos when it is, and Radulov is right there to see it all.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Scherbak - Carr - Gallagher

Wait, so we're playing Carr at C now?

naw, I don't know why those who make the game day threads keep writing that.

I would like to see Lehkonen and Carr play on opposite wings for a whole game. They're both relentless on the forecheck and around the net. One is bound to go in for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad