GDT: Stars at Blues Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeSince86

Apr 21, 2015
Eventually Elliot was going to have a bad game. Instead of bailing him out his defense folded in front of him, especially Jbo who has been awful for a month.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Eventually Elliot was going to have a bad game. Instead of bailing him out his defense folded in front of him, especially Jbo who has been awful for a month.

First goal was a bad goal. He didn't have a bad game. The rest of the team was taking a nap in the first.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri

Elliott looked shaky, after bailing the team out in multiple games. Tonight, the team came out and looked like they weren't ready to play. Elliott was blamed for the team not playing in front of him in the 1st period. This is Blues history in the playoffs. The team when they have a chance to win series comes out flat. Elliott has stolen games for the team this series and the last. Tonight, he wasn't able to cover for them the first period. I still think he has to start next game, he usually comes out strong after a bad game. Plus he has been strong on the road.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Lol at some of the Elliott blaming going around here. For Christ's sake he got beat on a VERY good shot the first goal. It happens, nothing to do but move past it. Sometimes goalies get beat when a shot is in the perfect place. Such is life.

There was absolutely nothing he could have done about the second goal, and not much he could have done about the third either. These things happen. All this talk of him letting up soft goals or choking are absolute ****ing nonsense.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Lol at some of the Elliott blaming going around here. For Christ's sake he got beat on a VERY good shot the first goal. It happens, nothing to do but move past it. Sometimes goalies get beat when a shot is in the perfect place. Such is life.

There was absolutely nothing he could have done about the second goal, and not much he could have done about the third either. These things happen. All this talk of him letting up soft goals or choking are absolute ****ing nonsense.

go watch what kelly hrudey said about him on hockey night in canada. elliott backs in and makes himself look smaller than he is and thats why all 3 goals are on him. the second goal was due to a stupid turnover from him.

the game is on elliott and he knows it. why do you think he avoided the media and let jake answer all the questions for him? he knows he let the team down and is mad/sad. after jake crashed last year he answered the media every game. that really tells me something IMO and if elliott chokes the series away Wed then I want him traded out of town.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
go watch what kelly hrudey said about him on hockey night in canada. elliott backs in and makes himself look smaller than he is and thats why all 3 goals are on him. the second goal was due to a stupid turnover from him.

the game is on elliott and he knows it. why do you think he avoided the media and let jake answer all the questions for him? he knows he let the team down and is mad/sad. after jake crashed last year he answered the media every game. that really tells me something IMO and if elliott chokes the series away Wed then I want him traded out of town.

Absolute ****ing nonsense.

The first goal was a perfect shot. If you want to blame someone for that goal then look at Parayko for the turnover and not laying out to block the stretch pass.

The second goal is a 1/100 deflection that barely made it in. Want to nail Elliott to the cross for trying to clear the puck and their D making a good play to keep it in? Lol ok sure. I'm certain YOU of all people don't have a ax to grind...:sarcasm:

The third goal, Bouwmeester.

We as a forum are so lucky to have Professional Mind Reader Dr. Dizee to tell us why Elliott says and does the things he does and doesn't say and do the things he doesn't do. *yawn*

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com

it was the 2nd goal that was a killer. I don't blame elliott, goalies have bad nights. I blame hitch for not pulling him at that point. It's a risk either way but you go down 3-0 because you didn't make the pull and it is on you. you make the pull and go down 3-0 you did all you could goalie-wise.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
it was the 2nd goal that was a killer. I don't blame elliott, goalies have bad nights. I blame hitch for not pulling him at that point. It's a risk either way but you go down 3-0 because you didn't make the pull and it is on you. you make the pull and go down 3-0 you did all you could goalie-wise.

yeah was clear he didnt have it when it was 2-0 and thats also why i wanted him pulled. that backhander shot from the boards along the ice that almost went in should have been the final clue for hitch to pull him beforeit turned 3-0, that was a joke.

stars didnt wait to go down 4-1 when they pulled lethnen in g2, blues waited too long tonight.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Honestly I think Hitch played it the right way. Obviously with the advantage of hindsight I would have pulled Elliott after the second goal - or better yet started Allen from the get go to get the teams attention. However I think it would have been a mistake to pull Elliott after 2 goals in the moment. He has played well enough to earn the right to not be pulled after 2 goals IMO, especially considering he had zero chance on the second and the first was just a great shot.

Sometimes you do everything right, don't get the bounces, and still lose. Not saying the Blues did EVERYTHING right tonight, but they played a very good game overall. They simply didn't get the bounces. The hockey gods were smiling upon Dallas this evening. I just pray they smile upon Saint Louis on Wednesday.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
There appears to be some confusion as to what does, and does not, constitute trolling. Please PM myself or another moderator if you have any questions regarding that topic.

If you do not wish to be exposed to another poster's opinions, you have an ignore list function at your disposal.

You can find it by going to User CP (top left corner of the red bar at the top of the forum) => Edit Ignore List (under Settings & Options on the left hand side).

Please do not talk about who is on your ignore list. This violates the site rule on Disclosure of Personal Information (rule #6 in the Site Rules).

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I really didn't like Shattery in his off-side. Lindbohm would be easily better and more secure then Shattery, Kevin was lost boy. I really don't understand how Blues coaching guys Shaw and Hitch can't see this obvious things? In 1st round Shattery was horrendous at off-side and still they use him there?

Jbo,Shattery and Parayko cost us tonight games. Shattery is just so weak d-zone and mostly in front of net. There should be guy like Lindbohm who can take out man out, Shattery gets too easily man handled or just take the frigging stick away from opposite players so they can't score. Shattery is pathetic dmen, even #65 is better on d-zone then him and Karlsson sucks d-zone.

One reason is why we lost is our forwards didn't help our D's. Dallas forward blocked and stickcheck so many shots. Huge difference.

After Elliott and Allen change team started to play. Good move by Hitch to wake up team, but I don't blame Elliott on those goals at all. Wasn't his fault, it was Blues D's Jbo, Shattery and Parayko who cost those goals.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
dallas teaches the blues a lesson in the all mighty turtle ...

now the lesson has been learned ...will the blues show up when it counts ?

ozpensfan

Nov 19, 2013
Western Australia
Pens fan coming in peace. Im really rooting for the blues to make it through (love the way STL play) to the cup, but im worried that like Montreal last year beating Boston, the Blues beating the hawks was like winning the cup and i think it may have drained them mentally. Really hope im wrong.

If this was the regular season blues, the series would be finished allready with a sweep.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
I believe we take game 7. One bad period got us a loss, but no scoring by Dallas the rest of the way and we almost came back. They will be determined. Every time we lose they feel bad for Elliott and they play better the next game.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
1-3 with Bortuzzo in the lineup. I'm not saying he is the problem, but the team clearly plays differently with Eddy in there

I can't see him playing in Game 7. Easy to further expose him when Dallas has the last change.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I really didn't like Shattery in his off-side. Lindbohm would be easily better and more secure then Shattery, Kevin was lost boy. I really don't understand how Blues coaching guys Shaw and Hitch can't see this obvious things? In 1st round Shattery was horrendous at off-side and still they use him there?

Jbo,Shattery and Parayko cost us tonight games. Shattery is just so weak d-zone and mostly in front of net. There should be guy like Lindbohm who can take out man out, Shattery gets too easily man handled or just take the frigging stick away from opposite players so they can't score. Shattery is pathetic dmen, even #65 is better on d-zone then him and Karlsson sucks d-zone.

One reason is why we lost is our forwards didn't help our D's. Dallas forward blocked and stickcheck so many shots. Huge difference.

After Elliott and Allen change team started to play. Good move by Hitch to wake up team, but I don't blame Elliott on those goals at all. Wasn't his fault, it was Blues D's Jbo, Shattery and Parayko who cost those goals.

I disagree. I think we are forgetting who got stuck up ice shorthanded. Though JBo lost his footing, the Blues were shorthanded...where was Petro? How can you blame Shatty for a moving tip play? They were still recovering from wondering what Elliott was doing with the puck.... Worst game I have seen Parayko play. Turned the puck over. Poor positioning. Terrible passes. I'm starting to wonder about all the hype. I think he may be no better than a 3-5 defenseman. Terrible two games in a row. He may be the guy to sit. Evidently, he's pretty predictable as Dallas seems to know right where he is going with the puck. Borts, Guns, Petro, JBo, and Shatty all played fairly well. It's a game of adjustments (last night...hiccups) and Hitch was a day late and a dollar short.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
I dont understand the saltiness here. 3-0 on very minor mistakes doesn't happen with any regularity. Blues played a dominant game outide of quite literally 5 minutes. I'll take the level we saw last night tomorrow and be happy about it. Forecheck them to death and keep the game at even strength.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I disagree. I think we are forgetting who got stuck up ice shorthanded. Though JBo lost his footing, the Blues were shorthanded...where was Petro? How can you blame Shatty for a moving tip play? They were still recovering from wondering what Elliott was doing with the puck.... Worst game I have seen Parayko play. Turned the puck over. Poor positioning. Terrible passes. I'm starting to wonder about all the hype. I think he may be no better than a 3-5 defenseman. Terrible two games in a row. He may be the guy to sit. Evidently, he's pretty predictable as Dallas seems to know right where he is going with the puck. Borts, Guns, Petro, JBo, and Shatty all played fairly well. It's a game of adjustments (last night...hiccups) and Hitch was a day late and a dollar short.

Parayko is approaching 2x the games he's use to playing. It's more likely that he's wearing down.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I dont understand the saltiness here. 3-0 on very minor mistakes doesn't happen with any regularity. Blues played a dominant game outide of quite literally 5 minutes. I'll take the level we saw last night tomorrow and be happy about it. Forecheck them to death and keep the game at even strength.

A big reason we dominated is because Dallas was up 3-0 and they turtled for two periods. If the game was tied then I doubt the last two periods would have been so tilted in our favor.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Let's back down off the ledge guys. Yes, the blues squandered another opportunity to close out a series on home ice and that sucks. But you take out that awful 5 minutes in the first and we're the better team. We're still the better team. Home ice has meant nothing this series. If we play for 60 minutes then we win on Wednesday.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Shattery lost 1on1 battle against Fiddler front of net, Yes Vernon ****ing Fiddler. :laugh:

There was so many situations where Shattery lost puck, he didn't even find away clear pressure from the d-zone when he had puck.

Shattery was turnover machine, he had most giveaways from Blues 3 and I count him loosing puck over 10 times, but ofc they don't write down every giveaway to boxscore. I don't know what has happened to him, but he has been our worst dmen with Edmundson.

I sitll think Lindbohm would be best guy on 3rd pair D in current situation.

Code:
Jbo - Pietro
Gunnar - Parayko
Lindbohm - Bortuzzo

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Not dumping on Elliott, but it seems like some people on here watched a different game than I did. While not a soft goal, that first one was certainly catchable. The second one was mostly on Elliott. People are bent out of shape on the defense, but they forget that Elliott pretty much shot it up the right side boards, where there wasn't a Blue in sight, right to a Star player who was all alone on our side of the ice. Horrible play. Elliott wasn't spot on with several other shot attempts made on him. He just did not seem sure of himself. I do not blame him. Every goalie has bad nights. The real test will be when game 7 comes. He has to forget game 6 and play the way he has been playing. That being said, I think our season will probably end tomorrow night. The team, as a whole, does not appear to be hungry enough to win. I don't know if they are getting worn out or what with the big series with Chicago and both series going to 7 games or what. If you don't have the motivation to win when you are at home in an elimination game 6, I'm not sure what motivation they have in game 7. I hope they prove me wrong, but that is what It really looks like when I'm honest with myself about what I think the outcome will be.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
It should seem, based on the way the Stars seemed over-matched when the Blues were on their game for ~2 periods, that there shouldn't be any reason to despair over this going to a game seven. The way the series has looked so far it looks like it wouldn't quite be a toss up.

But I also believe that there is a price to be paid for letting teams hang around and wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Stars pull it off, especially since it's a home game.
This series didn't feel so much like a constant back and forth (like Chicago), it felt like one team (Stars) was allowed to linger longer than they should have and now they are facing their opportunity to take the series. They may come out with an energy that wasn't seen in any of the previous six games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad