GDT: Stars at Blues Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
if allen plays i think we win vs the hawks in 5 but that is pure speculation and irrelevant.

lets look at the facts. since game 2, elliott has let in 4 undeniably soft goals. 3rd goal in game 3, OT goal in game 4, first 2 goals tonight. then you have some other goals that were not that great but debatable whether they were soft or not.

has he played good in this series? Yes game5 was excellent. but hes also a major reason this series did not end in 5 or 6 games now.

blues cannot allow SOFT goals period. did you see the way they pouted after the first goal? then another joke goal from the goalie not having his head in the game and they looked totally lifeless. NBC showcased it during the first intermission.

The Blues wouldn't even be in the second round if Allen was the starter, Elliott playing like he has is the only reason the Blues still can advance to the third round. All goalies have bad games, even in the playoffs, same as players, I think it's ****ing disgusting after how great he has played but has one bad game and here you are with your normal ********. You shouldn't be allowed to even mention anything about goalies ever again, ****ing shameful.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
The Blues wouldn't even be in the second round if Allen was the starter, Elliott playing like he has is the only reason the Blues still can advance to the third round. All goalies have bad games, even in the playoffs, same as players, I think it's ****ing disgusting after how great he has played but has one bad game and here you are with your normal ********. You shouldn't be allowed to even mention anything about goalies ever again, ****ing shameful.

Bolded: We don't know that, but its bit hard to beat Elliott performance knowing he was our most important player on that series with Pietro and Tarasenko.

Just ignore him, we've few guys here who likes to flame. I've learn it, you need to ignore them. It's like kindergarden level, don't give them to attention so they will stop it eventually.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The dumb thing is, I really liked Allen's demeanor when he came into the game. I think he contributed to settling the team down, and didn't give up any cheap goals...giving them a chance to win. He did all you could ask of him. But to put a guy in that hasn't played in a month to start Game 7 in the playoffs is a pretty desperate move. You'd have to have lost all faith in your other goalie.

But there is a compensatory resistance to give Allen positive comments on this forum due to the painful persistent drum beaten by a single poster. He's poisoned the whole rest of the forum's discussion on the goalies.

I feel more confident in Allen to be able to contribute if called upon. I still think he's the goalie of the future for the Blues. If Elliott gets hurt, I don't think the Blues are sunk. But its just not rational to put him in for Game 7 like that.

Elliott has responded well in the past to situations like this. I think he will again. (Heavens knows that if he has a bad game tomorrow, it will permanently define the rest of his career, unfairly so.)

If the Blues manage to salvage this series, I continue to believe Allen will play this post-season in meaningful minutes. I also thought his comments about Elliott were very classy, giving credit for Brian being the best player on the team down the stretch and in the first round.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
If I'm the blues I'm pissed at myself for letting this be a discussion. Hanging your goalie out to dry in the media isn't cool. Every one of those goals last night followed a poorly executed play by a skater. Sure you want goalies to be there to save your bacon when you mess up but you can't make the mistakes we made last night and expect to make it out alive.

They need to win tomorrow to save Elliott's reputation at this point since he's gonna be the scapegoat should we lose.

Easy to point fingers.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The dumb thing is, I really liked Allen's demeanor when he came into the game. I think he contributed to settling the team down, and didn't give up any cheap goals...giving them a chance to win. He did all you could ask of him. But to put a guy in that hasn't played in a month to start Game 7 in the playoffs is a pretty desperate move. You'd have to have lost all faith in your other goalie.

But there is a compensatory resistance to give Allen positive comments on this forum due to the painful persistent drum beaten by a single poster. He's poisoned the whole rest of the forum's discussion on the goalies.

I feel more confident in Allen to be able to contribute if called upon. I still think he's the goalie of the future for the Blues. If Elliott gets hurt, I don't think the Blues are sunk. But its just not rational to put him in for Game 7 like that.

Elliott has responded well in the past to situations like this. I think he will again. (Heavens knows that if he has a bad game tomorrow, it will permanently define the rest of his career, unfairly so.)

If the Blues manage to salvage this series, I continue to believe Allen will play this post-season in meaningful minutes. I also thought his comments about Elliott were very classy, giving credit for Brian being the best player on the team down the stretch and in the first round.

My thoughts basically come down to this: I feel comfortable with either goalie in net and think Allen would give the team a good chance to win, but I think Elliott has earned the right to get game 7. I don't think one mediocre game is enough to override what he's done throughout the playoffs so far.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
Can't believe anyone is even questioning Elliott. The story of his life. He has 1000+ good games in a row and one not so good game......"BENCH HIM!!" All allen did was sit in the net while our team dominated for 2 periods.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
My thoughts basically come down to this: I feel comfortable with either goalie in net and think Allen would give the team a good chance to win, but I think Elliott has earned the right to get game 7. I don't think one mediocre game is enough to override what he's done throughout the playoffs so far.

fair enough but lets be honest, he was awful last night, not mediocre. he was mediocre in game4.

as i have said, idc who plays goal but i dont want soft goals going in at all.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
fair enough but lets be honest, he was awful last night, not mediocre. he was mediocre in game4.

as i have said, idc who plays goal but i dont want soft goals going in at all.

I would rather live and die by the sword instead of throwing in a goalie who's barely played in a month. I don't want to go in and lose this gaming wonder what could have been. We know what we can get out of Elliott. We have ZERO clue what Allen would bring. Last nights game wasn't close to being a good measure.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I agree that Hitchcock is an idiot for even playing coy. Elliott deserves better than that. Allen is still rusty and Elliott hasn't even allowed many soft goals at all, unlike Jake did a year ago. The decision is simple and if Elliott doesn't start I'd be tempted to not even watch the game.

This is the biggest game for the Blues in years, maybe even bigger than the Chicago game 7. A loss tomorrow night wipes out the success against the Blackhawks and takes us back to square 1 where we need to make changes. It'd be extremely disappointing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I agree that Hitchcock is an idiot for even playing coy. Elliott deserves better than that. Allen is still rusty and Elliott hasn't even allowed many soft goals at all, unlike Jake did a year ago. The decision is simple and if Elliott doesn't start I'd be tempted to not even watch the game.

This is the biggest game for the Blues in years, maybe even bigger than the Chicago game 7. A loss tomorrow night wipes out the success against the Blackhawks and takes us back to square 1 where we need to make changes. It'd be extremely disappointing.
I wouldn't be suprised if the team knows who's in net.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I wouldn't be suprised if the team knows who's in net.
Based on quotes from Backes and Pietrangelo I think it was, yeah. They said they'd be surprised if Elliott isn't in net.

If Allen starts I think the team loses no matter what. This team is behind Brian 100% right now and to see their teammate who has stood on his head get benched would completely demoralize the group.

Luckily Hitch isn't dumb enough to let that happen.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Based on quotes from Backes and Pietrangelo I think it was, yeah. They said they'd be surprised if Elliott isn't in net.

If Allen starts I think the team loses no matter what. This team is behind Brian 100% right now and to see their teammate who has stood on his head get benched would completely demoralize the group.

Luckily Hitch isn't dumb enough to let that happen.

Absolutely, Elliott has always had a good bounce back game too

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Elliott is starting and the whole team already knows that. You knew that the media would ask who was starting in goal directly after the game. At least this way Ruff has to operate on the idea that it is a toss up who starts in goal, even if he probably suspects that Elliott will start. Now the whole Dallas team has to mentally prepare and study video for two different goalies. It is a lot to take in. Probably not a big deal, but everything is a big deal in a game 7.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Lets go Blues !!! .....time to put up and shut up .. excuses...excuses ..seal the deal !!!

dig the knife deep and dont stop until it dies ........

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Elliott is the only goalie who has been able to get us past the second round and really the only goalie who has played well enough into each series that we should have won.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
If they can play the way they did in the last two periods of Game 6 the whole way this time, they can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad