Star Wars: Jedi Survivor delayed to April 28th

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I’ve never pre ordered a game in my life. And I’m old so this is before digital copies existed. I never understood it either except for back in the day a game could legitimately sell out of copies at a store like you said. Which were super rare occurrences.
Funny story - I went to pre-order a physical copy of Hogwarts Legacy deluxe and they were sold out everywhere in Canada.

Was super weird for a 2023 release

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Funny story - I went to pre-order a physical copy of Hogwarts Legacy deluxe and they were sold out everywhere in Canada.

Was super weird for a 2023 release
Some collectable stuff, especially Nintendo stuff tends to be sold out very fast. I'm not trying to get props for a YouTube channel, so I can live not spending like 150 or more for some toy and a book.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Some collectable stuff, especially Nintendo stuff tends to be sold out very fast. I'm not trying to get props for a YouTube channel, so I can live not spending like 150 or more for some toy and a book.
As far as I know (maybe it was different for the physical), the deluxe just included Dark Arts cosmetics and you get the game a few days early.

Sep 19, 2008
Keeps kicking my pc Xbox controller off. No other game I have is doing this.

Gonna wait until everything is stable before continuing campaign

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

This year has been absolutely brutal for AAA PC gaming. The only game that seems to have released so far without major issues is Dead Island 2.

Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This year has been absolutely brutal for AAA PC gaming. The only game that seems to have released so far without major issues is Dead Island 2.
Atomic Heart is another. Interestingly, both games use UE4, the same engine in this and Hogwarts Legacy, two of the worst-optimized games. It's been a problematic engine for years, but many studios have proven that games can run very well with it if they know how and bother to optimize them. I'm currently playing Grounded, which was released late last year and uses UE4, and it runs great.

Last edited:

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Another example why you sholud never pre order. Shame nobody cares when you can get awesome cosmetic jacket or some shit :cool:

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Disappointed in Respawn, but at the same time Fallen Order had game breaking bugs on PC, even two years after launch. It's unacceptable and sadly, consumers cant do anything about it. This is why I avoid buying most games day 1.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Disappointed in Respawn, but at the same time Fallen Order had game breaking bugs on PC, even two years after launch. It's unacceptable and sadly, consumers cant do anything about it. This is why I avoid buying most games day 1.
It's hard to believe that it's the same developer that did Titanfall 2, which I recently played and found to have a top notch PC port. That was over 6 years ago, so did they just forget how to optimize for PC or was there so much employee turnover that it's not really the same Respawn? Never mind. I see that EA bought them the year after Titanfall 2. That probably answers my question.

Reactions: Andrei79

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
It's hard to believe that it's the same developer that did Titanfall 2, which I recently played and found to have a top notch PC port. That was over 6 years ago, so did they just forget how to optimize for PC or was there so much employee turnover that it's not really the same Respawn? Never mind. I see that EA bought them the year after Titanfall 2. That probably answers my question.
This start of the year has been brutal for pc versions. Even Hogwards was shit at release let alone Last of us.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Is the reoccurring problem here people trying to play these games on their PC’s and developers trying to accommodate PC hardware? Does the game run fine on XSX/PS5?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I believe the team behind Titanfall is the team that is the lead on Apex. Jedi: Fallen Order/Survivor is a 2nd team they formed to focus on single-player games. I believe a lot of the original Respawn Team (the one behind Titanfall and Apex) have their roots are former Infinity Ward guys.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

The game can drop to 17 FPS in the "more stable" 30 FPS mode on PS5. The game runs poorly on all platforms

It's not perfect but it does not run poorly on PS5. Then again, they did just launch this game.

I got through the story and working on 100% completion and am having a blast.

My only problem with the game is photo mode and not being able to capture an exact moment in time for the game.

Reactions: Khelandros

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I don't get this attitude, it should run well at launch. Players have somehow accepted that most games come out in an unfinished state now.
In software (not just games), developers and testers always have scenarios that they never could have envisioned. That is in all software.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
In software (not just games), developers and testers always have scenarios that they never could have envisioned. That is in all software.

That's not what's happening though. Games are being released with issues that the developers couldn't have possibly missed. They've just realized they can get away with fixing them later (or not at all) because people will buy games no matter how unfinished they are.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
That's not what's happening though. Games are being released with issues that the developers couldn't have possibly missed. They've just realized they can get away with fixing them later (or not at all) because people will buy games no matter how unfinished they are.
]
white-guy-blinking-drew-scanlon.gif

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
It's not perfect but it does not run poorly on PS5. Then again, they did just launch this game.

I got through the story and working on 100% completion and am having a blast.

My only problem with the game is photo mode and not being able to capture an exact moment in time for the game.
I literally posted video evidence of the game running poorly but alright

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I literally posted video evidence of the game running poorly but alright
Don't. Don't argue with him. Save your brain cells.

The question is now did the patch actually do its job and fix those issues?

I don't get this attitude, it should run well at launch. Players have somehow accepted that most games come out in an unfinished state now.
Don't argue with him. Your brain and common sense will thank you later.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It sounds like the new patch makes a big difference, though only when ray tracing is off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It sounds like the new patch makes a big difference, though only when ray tracing is off.

Looking at the numbers, for 1080p with RT or 1440P high or epic, it seems that it has reached a point where its getting acceptable enough performance I can justify it with a 3080ti (looking at the 3070 numbers and the 3090 numbers). I probably don't have time to play it until the Weekend and am still finshing up the Horizon: Forbidden West DLC, so I'll look more into it when I get the chance. But, this has probably talked me off of buying it for PS5 over PC.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Just finished the game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Gameplay/Story wise its an 8.5-9/10. Didn't really have any performance issues/ bugs on PS5 for about 90% of the game, but later on in the game I really started to feel it even on performance mode so that drops it down a little bit. There was at least one bug late in the game where it spawned in a bunch of enemies in an area where it shouldn't have, but overall nothing game breaking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad