Star Wars: Jedi Survivor delayed to April 28th

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Consumers are the ones to blame because we keep buying the games even though we are warned. I was going to buy this day one, I won’t be now until the game is running properly.
Yeah, I rarely buy anything day of anything now on blind faith. I always try to wait for reviews, I tend to have general faith in the PS5 exclusives for their AAA projects like God of War or Horizon or a company like Nintendo for major first party stuff like TotK/Mario or Rockstar but I'd never pre-order anything. I'll just wait until it's running properly on PS5 or PC, and if that takes awhile, I'll probably get it on sale.

Sep 19, 2008
Released today!

And yes I started pre-loading this morning. 150 gigs! That's nuts lol. May have to start deleting games on my game drive

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Yeah, I rarely buy anything day of anything now on blind faith. I always try to wait for reviews, I tend to have general faith in the PS5 exclusives for their AAA projects like God of War or Horizon or a company like Nintendo for major first party stuff like TotK/Mario or Rockstar but I'd never pre-order anything. I'll just wait until it's running properly on PS5 or PC, and if that takes awhile, I'll probably get it on sale.
That's fair. The reviews are off the chart amazing. Just about all the reviews are in the 9/10 region (IGN doesn't count).

BUT there is one thing to note.

I've been reading the PC port is horrendous for graphics which has been pretty common for all major AAA PC games at launch of games within the last 6 months.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The first game was pretty good, but it had some technical issues, kind of ridiculous that this one appears to be even worse in that way.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
This game is sitting at 21% positive reviews on Steam right now lol. I look forward to seeing what performance is like on consoles

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Consumers are the ones to blame because we keep buying the games even though we are warned. I was going to buy this day one, I won’t be now until the game is running properly.

Completely agree. I was fine with the delay before and think they should do that again, rather than being forced to launch junk due to a publisher's unrealistic timeline.

I'm not even sure if my three year old hardware will run it, based on what the youtubers have reported.

Reactions: GreytWun

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Game runs like liquid ass on console too. Performance mode struggles to hit 60 FPS consistently with significant drops and the drops in graphical quality is unacceptable. Like everything in the distance is fuzzy level of bad.

Damn shame. I was excited for this but i think i'll hold off. Even more shameful is they already delayed it once so who the hell knows what kind of shape it was in prior.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Almost every game has performance issues right off the bat. Wait 1-2 weeks and the game will run better

Sep 19, 2008
I'm not seeing any issues so far. In fact it looks stunning and I move flawlessly on Epic settings. That said I haven't completed the first mission yet. Bit challenging :laugh:

Immediately you get used to the old Fallen Order commands, how to pull things closer, further, spin move with the force, etc

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Haven't had any issues on console so far. Game looks beautiful, it's taking me a while to readjust to the combat system after spending so many hours on Hogwarts Legacy.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Almost every game has performance issues right off the bat. Wait 1-2 weeks and the game will run better
Some studios are significantly better than others. Sony and Nintendo rarely launch first party games in bad shape at least on console (I know about Last of Us Part 1 on PC).

This is beyond disappointing, this is one of the titles I was most excited for this year, and it would have been a day one purchase for me, but hearing it's in rough shape on both PC and PS5 is beyond frustrating, to the point I may just wait this game out until it's outside of its launch window and is on sale in either a physical copy for PS5 or on Steam.

I'm not seeing any issues so far. In fact it looks stunning and I move flawlessly on Epic settings. That said I haven't completed the first mission yet. Bit challenging :laugh:

Immediately you get used to the old Fallen Order commands, how to pull things closer, further, spin move with the force, etc
Just wondering how is it going so far, and what is your hardware?

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Some studios are significantly better than others. Sony and Nintendo rarely launch first party games in bad shape at least on console (I know about Last of Us Part 1 on PC).

This is beyond disappointing, this is one of the titles I was most excited for this year, and it would have been a day one purchase for me, but hearing it's in rough shape on both PC and PS5 is beyond frustrating, to the point I may just wait this game out until it's outside of its launch window and is on sale in either a physical copy for PS5 or on Steam.

Just wondering how is it going so far, and what is your hardware?
I can't speak for Sony's first party titles because I'm not sure I've bought one at launch. TLOUP1 was pretty brutal. For Nintendo, Pokemon Scarlett had some pretty rough performance moments, and I know BoTW did, at least at launch. Then again, they're open world games that probably could use way better specs than the Switch offers.

Third party launches are rough. Bethesda is known for a buggy launch, and just this year Castillo Protocol, Dead Space, RE4 and now Jedi Survivor launched with performance issues. Hogwarts Legacy was also unplayable on PC.

Honestly, I find it's best to just expect them, and expect to wait 3-10 days after the launch to truly enjoy the game. It's not really a huge deal as long as they get patched quick.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I can't speak for Sony's first party titles because I'm not sure I've bought one at launch. TLOUP1 was pretty brutal. For Nintendo, Pokemon Scarlett had some pretty rough performance moments, and I know BoTW did, at least at launch. Then again, they're open world games that probably could use way better specs than the Switch offers.

Third party launches are rough. Bethesda is known for a buggy launch, and just this year Castillo Protocol, Dead Space, RE4 and now Jedi Survivor launched with performance issues. Hogwarts Legacy was also unplayable on PC.

Honestly, I find it's best to just expect them, and expect to wait 3-10 days after the launch to truly enjoy the game. It's not really a huge deal as long as they get patched quick.
I was referring primarily to Nintendo EAD (in house Nintendo studios primarily in charge of mainline Mario games and Zelda), not their 2nd party partners like Gamefreak. I don't remember BOTW having serious issues, it's not a masterclass in performance for frames or visual pop in (which is a Switch problem overall due to the hardware specs), but I feel pretty much all of Nintendo's AAA first party stuff is actually playable with the cartridge and don't require mass updates ever. As for Consoles, the amount of serious issues or bugs I've experienced playing Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War: Ragnarok, Last of Us Part 2, and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart at launch has been almost zilch, I think the worst issue I can remember is a flying machine in Horizon Forbidden West getting trapped in mountain, and maybe one blue screen crash on Last of Us Part 2 on a 5-year-old Base PS4.

I think GTA IV had significant issues, but I also don't really remember much in regards to issues on RDR2 or GTA V.

Some studios are just experts at polishing/having the patience to get games out when they are ready, others don't.

Last edited:

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I was referring primarily to Nintendo EAD (in house Nintendo studios primarily in charge of mainline Mario games and Zelda), not their 2nd party partners like Gamefreak. I don't remember BOTW having serious issues, it's not a masterclass in performance for frames or visual pop in (which is a Switch problem overall due to the hardware specs), but I feel pretty much all of Nintendo's AAA first party stuff is actually playable with the cartridge and don't require mass updates ever. As for Consoles, the amount of serious issues or bugs I've experienced playing Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War: Ragnarok and Ratchet, Last of Us Part 2, and Clank: Rift Apart at launch has been almost zilch, I think the worst issue I can remember is a flying machine in Horizon Forbidden West getting trapped in mountain, and maybe one blue screen crash on Last of Us Part 2 on a 5-year-old Base PS4.

I think GTA IV had significant issues, but I also don't really remember much in regards to issues on RDR2 or GTA V.

Some studios are just experts at polishing/having the patience to get games out when they are ready, others don't.
But at the same time, it's easier to get a game like Mario or Kirby running smoothly and efficiently than an open-world, 4K60fps game that's trying to emulate realistic character and world design. Especially once you start adding in ray-tracing.

I had to look up BoTW and I saw some complaints but nothing too crazy. I'll take your word for the Sony first party titles - I haven't heard much complaints, either.

Some games it blows my mind how they get released in a buggy state the way they do. From what I've seen of Jedi Survivor, there's no way they went unnoticed. As I've said, doesn't really bother me, but if it's gonna affect sales and reviews (doesn't seem to be effecting them, though).

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
But at the same time, it's easier to get a game like Mario or Kirby running smoothly and efficiently than an open-world, 4K60fps game that's trying to emulate realistic character and world design. Especially once you start adding in ray-tracing.

I had to look up BoTW and I saw some complaints but nothing too crazy. I'll take your word for the Sony first party titles - I haven't heard much complaints, either.

Some games it blows my mind how they get released in a buggy state the way they do. From what I've seen of Jedi Survivor, there's no way they went unnoticed. As I've said, doesn't really bother me, but if it's gonna affect sales and reviews (doesn't seem to be effecting them, though).
A troubling trend that was apparent when Cyberpunk 2077 launched, and still is, is that major review outlets tend to skip over bugs because they believe they will be patched out with day one patch, and don't want to go back and re-review it, I feel the only outlet that really re-looks at games is Digital Foundry. Due to games being so heavily reliant on day one patches, this is just expected. In no world should Sony or Microsoft let Cyberpunk 2077 go gold for 8th gen consoles in the state it was in, but they expected it to be patched/were greedy for their 30% cut on sales for a massive release. I'm also sort of amazed, like if a game is released in a terrible state, but that can be overcome in like 1 or 2 extra weeks like you are hoping for, just delay the game 2 weeks, it's not like its gonna hurt your quarterly sales for these massive publicly traded publishers. Like, isn't that better than the bad press of releasing something in an unfinished state.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Disappointed it joins the list of games that released in ass condition. My hope is FFXVI bucks the trend since its exclusive, for now, and not multiplatform like alot of these seem to be. This new industry norm is shit for us customers.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Another example on why preordering games is incredibly stupid. People don't seem to learn.

Wait until the game releases and make sure there are no issues before purchase, you will rarely be disappointed with a game.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
A troubling trend that was apparent when Cyberpunk 2077 launched, and still is, is that major review outlets tend to skip over bugs because they believe they will be patched out with day one patch, and don't want to go back and re-review it, I feel the only outlet that really re-looks at games is Digital Foundry. Due to games being so heavily reliant on day one patches, this is just expected. In no world should Sony or Microsoft let Cyberpunk 2077 go gold for 8th gen consoles in the state it was in, but they expected it to be patched/were greedy for their 30% cut on sales for a massive release. I'm also sort of amazed, like if a game is released in a terrible state, but that can be overcome in like 1 or 2 extra weeks like you are hoping for, just delay the game 2 weeks, it's not like its gonna hurt your quarterly sales for these massive publicly traded publishers. Like, isn't that better than the bad press of releasing something in an unfinished state.
The Cyberpunk launch was one of the craziest things I've seen. So much hype, and so much letdown. I think half of the letdown was due to crazy game-breaking bugs, and the other half was people realizing it wasn't the game it was hyped as (futuristic GTA). The game just seemed shallow - lifeless NPC's, no real driving, weak side quests, no online.

I actually haven't gone back to visit the game, but I've heard it's improved a lot and is in a really good state now.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Another example on why preordering games is incredibly stupid. People don't seem to learn.

Wait until the game releases and make sure there are no issues before purchase, you will rarely be disappointed with a game.
I'll never understand pre-ordering in an era of digital distribution unless there is some financial benefit. I got it somewhat where there were a finite amount of physical copies of a game at launch, and even then it was obviously risky. The only game I pre-ordered in the past 5 years was Hades for PS5, since it already won a ton of awards, and it's hard to see how they could butcher a game for PS5 that ran well on Switch, and I was able to save a couple bucks on taxes since Canada was implementing HST on digital purchases between when I ordered it, and when it was actually released)

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’ve never pre ordered a game in my life. And I’m old so this is before digital copies existed. I never understood it either except for back in the day a game could legitimately sell out of copies at a store like you said. Which were super rare occurrences.

Reactions: Osprey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad