Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkyxko3LRY

Thoughts on new footage?

Looks like they're at least making an effort to improve the starfighter game play (disappointing and underwhelming in the last game). Hopefully they made the game play fun instead of just throwing more lasers and explosions at us in its place.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the space battles do special things to my insides. so glad they are making the game I wanted 2 years ago

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Space battles was the part I cared about most in BF2, and fighter play was the only thing I enjoyed in the reboot (although it lacked the depth to make it worthwhile longer play). Between that and the campaign, I'm getting excited.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Have they released any info on if there is a Galactic Conquest type mode? Some of their advertising mentioned it a few months ago but hadn't seen anything about it yet.

Other than mentioning in some brief information in the initial release, there hasn't been any updates I don't think. Does look like it will be in the game though.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Most of their press events have focused on one game mode at a time. Campaign when they announced. Multi-player battles/heroes at E3. Star battles/hero ships at Gamescom. Galactic Conquest may come up at whatever next show they go to is.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Looks good and much better than Battlefront 1. This will likely be my shooter until BF5 is released whenever that is.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah, that footage and especially the graphics look to good to be true.

Too good to be true? If there is one thing they've hit the nail on the head with its visuals. That's what the game is gonna look like.

The thing I'm worried about is if all this hype and what we've seen so far will translate to fun gameplay.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
When i played the first one i always wondered if DICE intentionally made it a bit shallow to see if the game could stand on its own mechanically.

Now that they know at its core the game plays well (i thought it was fun for what it was anyway) they're building around it with a ton of stuff. It's got pretty much everything i want except for Galatic Conquest. Though i only played that a ton because i didn't get into online gaming until late in the PS2's life.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Now that they know at its core the game plays well (i thought it was fun for what it was anyway) they're building around it with a ton of stuff. It's got pretty much everything i want except for Galatic Conquest. Though i only played that a ton because i didn't get into online gaming until late in the PS2's life.

The core with the card system and the way the guns were balanced was complete garbage, which is why they've abandoned it in favor of a class based system.

The first one was shallow due to time constraints via the Disney contract. This one has had a better dev cycle and it shows.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Agreed. The cards and unlock system was one of the reasons I got turned off of BF1 really quickly (outside of the fighter mode).

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

New trailer with tons of info just came out.

Looks like they're adding a ton more to the game in the way of features, customization, and depth. Definitely good to see that they're working on an aspect of the past game that was seriously lacking the last time around.

With that said, I'm still a little nervous about the game. Throwing a bunch of stuff into the game for the sake of having a ton of features doesn't mean the game will necessarily be fun to play. My biggest fear is that they focus on the issue with lack of content and put other issues that also made the last game stale on the back burner. Looks like they're going the "look how much stuff this game has!1!!1!!" marketing route.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I will be buying this game, because I love Star Wars and the first one with all its flaws still had beautiful graphics. Mostly for my 10yo, he still plays the first one and LOVES it, definitely got my monies worth out of that and I am sure between us the second will be the same, this one looks a lot better.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

New trailer with tons of info just came out.

Looks like they're adding a ton more to the game in the way of features, customization, and depth. Definitely good to see that they're working on an aspect of the past game that was seriously lacking the last time around.

With that said, I'm still a little nervous about the game. Throwing a bunch of stuff into the game for the sake of having a ton of features doesn't mean the game will necessarily be fun to play. My biggest fear is that they focus on the issue with lack of content and put other issues that also made the last game stale on the back burner. Looks like they're going the "look how much stuff this game has!1!!1!!" marketing route.

Well that route makes the most sense, considering the gripe with the first one was that there were no features and it got boring after a week.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Well that route makes the most sense, considering the gripe with the first one was that there were no features and it got boring after a week.

For sure, but another major gripe was the terrible map design in the original.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
They're not really throwing in a ton of features just because people complained. All of this stuff should've been in BF15, because most of it was from the OG BF games.

Supposedly they worked a lot on making the weapons feel better, and shifted more towards the Battlefield1 feeling.. which is a good thing BF1 had awesome feeling and sounding weapons.

I'm still going to wait for reviews.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
They're not really throwing in a ton of features just because people complained. All of this stuff should've been in BF15, because most of it was from the OG BF games.

Supposedly they worked a lot on making the weapons feel better, and shifted more towards the Battlefield1 feeling.. which is a good thing BF1 had awesome feeling and sounding weapons.

I'm still going to wait for reviews.

The newer Battlefield/Front entries seems to focus a lot on presentation more than anything (hopefully this version will be different). For example the guns definitely look and sound cool and will always look and sound cool just like they always have. The issue is the actual gunplay and how the guns perform and function within the game. That aspect of the game was crap in BF1.

Last edited:

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
No galactic conquest means a no buy for me. Don't care for multiplayer, and its gonna be way too pricey to buy for just a single-player campaign.

The visuals looks amazing though, I'll give it that.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Beta next week on PC (Maybe consoles as well? Idk) so it will be a good time to test it out.
Early Access for those who pre-ordered start on October 4th, and then Open Beta for everyone else starting on the 6th.

Reactions: Breakdowns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad