GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs

How many goals does Calgary win by? (since every pundit has them to win already)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I just hate the Flames and I’ll cheer for any team they face. If they go 0-82 I’d love it

We all hate the Flames. Goes without saying. I just think that the AV's aren't much of a playoff opponent and the way they acted tonight you figured they won the SC. I pretty much have zero faith in the AV's getting it done. Still think Flames take it in 5 or 6 but I'm glad the longer the series goes. At least make the Flames work for it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Win both at home so you can send the Flames fans home sad in Game 5.

giphy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
We all hate the Flames. Goes without saying. I just think that the AV's aren't much of a playoff opponent and the way they acted tonight you figured they won the SC. I pretty much have zero faith in the AV's getting it done. Still think Flames take it in 5 or 6 but I'm glad the longer the series goes. At least make the Flames work for it.

The Avs controlled most of the game. Zone time differential was pretty lopsided.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
No worries man, it’s just when someone defends the Flames I’ll take the offensive. I’ve hated them all my life and I think it grows with every year lol..

Reactions: Devonator

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Wow the Canadian women lost to Finland in the semis. Huge upset.

Finland also famously upset the US in the Olympics that one year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Avs controlled most of the game. Zone time differential was pretty lopsided.

It doesn't really matter. AV's almost lost this game in OT 10 secs before they won it, or in regulation time and needed a tying goal with 4mins left and an OT goal to eke out a win.

AV's try to do everything pretty. You don't make perfect plays in the playoffs and they try all day to set up. They shoot wide so much I would be losing it if I was their coach. Actually I couldn't stand to coach the AV's.

Maybe I'll dislike them less if they manage to beat the Flames in the series but I'm doubting it. We'll see.

To me the AV's are as guilty as overplaying and cute plays as Tampa. The shit doesn't work in the playoffs.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It doesn't really matter. AV's almost lost this game in OT 10 secs before they won it, or in regulation time and needed a tying goal with 4mins left and an OT goal to eke out a win.

AV's try to do everything pretty. You don't make perfect plays in the playoffs and they try all day to set up. They shoot wide so much I would be losing it if I was their coach. Actually I couldn't stand to coach the AV's.

Maybe I'll dislike them less if they manage to beat the Flames in the series but I'm doubting it. We'll see.

Yeah they’re actually a LOT like the Oilers in that way. Always trying for the perfect play instead of just shooting it.

But the Oilers with slightly better depth up front, better D and a good goalie ... is a pretty decent team.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah they’re actually a LOT like the Oilers in that way. Always trying for the perfect play instead of just shooting it.

But the Oilers with slightly better depth up front, better D and a good goalie ... is a pretty decent team.

Major difference between AV's and Oilers is they didn't have Chiarelli butchering a roster. We could easily be ahead of where they are now if we just kept hall, Eberle, signed Gustaffson etc. We'd be a better team, and we'd be owning the Flames.

Anyway g'night all.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
To me the AV's are as guilty as overplaying and cute plays as Tampa. The **** doesn't work in the playoffs.

Tampa’s issue is they’re soft as shit and Hedman is playing like Brandon Manning right now.

Also that Vasi has had a slight drop off compared to his RS play. I’ve always said though that Tampa got dominated in the RS in terms of possession and shooting far more often than a supposed elite team should.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Major difference between AV's and Oilers is they didn't have Chiarelli butchering a roster. We could easily be ahead of where they are now if we just kept hall, Eberle, signed Gustaffson etc. We'd be a better team, and we'd be owning the Flames.

Anyway g'night all.

That goes without saying.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wow the Canadian women lost to Finland in the semis. Huge upset.

Finland also famously upset the US in the Olympics that one year.

I see that as a good thing. Finally some competition for the NA squads. Women's hockey has been the most boring form of hockey when there's only two countries who were really good at it and met in every single championship game for what seemed like the last 15 years.

Reactions: Devonator

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I see that as a good thing. Finally some competition for the NA squads. Women's hockey has been the most boring form of hockey when there's only two countries who were really good at it and met in every single championship game for what seemed like the last 15 years.

I’d prefer to stay on top, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad