GDT: Stanley Cup Final - Game 5 - Nashville @ Pittsburgh - 6/8/17 @ 7:00 - Series Tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Preds will bounce back with a vengeance in Game 6. They'll be all the more charged up after this.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
You just saw whats going to happen in game 7.

I don't buy that. Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals has to mean more, has to focus you against the crowd, the arena. I think winning game six would send us out better and stronger*.

*I said after game 4 we had to win this in 6 cos I didn't think we could win game 7. If you're asking my honest opinion I stand by that, but I want hope. Hope is good.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
And finally, after all that, an accidental stick in the face during a 1-on-1 scrum is what gets a 5 minute major. What a perfect ending.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
You just saw whats going to happen in game 7.

Well I rather that happen in their barn than ours at least. But hopefully the whole team comes out pissed and plays their best game ever for games 6 and 7. Even if they don't win I want to see the best effort and hard fought game and fight from our guys. Don't want to see another lackluster play/game like tonight. Guys played a poor first period which just snowballed from there.

Last edited:

You

Jul 1, 2010
And finally, after all that, an accidental stick in the face during a 1-on-1 scrum is what gets a 5 minute major. What a perfect ending.

Might have actually been a match penalty which would mean suspension for Sissons for Game 6. Not sure if the box score I saw is right. For a clean ref, it's a double minor at worst either way.

Cletus Marley

Feb 11, 2007
Cirith Ungol
I don't buy that. Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals has to mean more, has to focus you against the crowd, the arena. I think winning game six would send us out better and stronger*.

*I said after game 4 we had to win this in 6 cos I didn't think we could win game 7. If you're asking my honest opinion I stand by that, but I want hope. Hope is good.

lol Really? it doesn't get more real than tonight. We win tonight and we have the chance to win the cup at home. The Pens know what it feels like to win the cup. You think it means any less to them? You think they don't play lights out in a game 7 in their own arena? Their lights out and our lights out are worlds apart. I get what you are saying but without our home crowd we have zero energy against the Pens. We played like ass tonight and it wasn't the fault of the refs.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Can we stop talking about Game 7? I'd be concerned about Game 6, narratives are made to be broken and this is one Pittsburgh is going to be gunning for.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Just like I was always tired of our team getting kicked out of the second round. Got to hope our team is also tired of getting their butts kicked and being told that they are and/or playing like the underdogs. No more excuses. If they want to win the Stanley Cup then they have to go get it no matter what happens in the game and/or w/ the officiating. They have to work their butts off to get it and go get the job done. That means needing our whole team to show up and playing their ***** off and Peks standing on his head. The teams play/effort tonight wasn't a team ready to fight, battle, and do everything in it's power to win the game. Penguins just were more focused and wanted it more and it showed by their effort and execution. Our guys got outworked, outplayed tonight. Guys need to regroup and come ready for game 6 and 7.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I feel bad for you guys. Last two games in pitt are horribly officiated to the point where you question is it rigged? The first one was bad but you could arguably say it was fair for both :laugh:

Good news is that I'm pretty sure every game where a team won with a blowout the very next game they lost. Here's to a game 7 Nash win

Cletus Marley

Feb 11, 2007
Cirith Ungol
Yes, it was. Everybody saw it. It wasn't hidden. There were cameras there recording Syd. Forget what the refs didn't call or what the announcers said, you actually saw Syd's actions. Disgraceful. Preds realized what refs were doing and lost their cool. Shame on them for that.

I saw what he did but that hardly determined the outcome of the game. He honest with yourself here. lol It was a good old fashioned ass whipping.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I saw what he did but that hardly determined the outcome of the game. He honest with yourself here. lol It was a good old fashioned ass whipping.

I don't know. If a team sees their player get his head smashed into the ice over 10 times and realizes the refs aren't going to call it.........what the hell chance do they have?
The game is mental, and this makes you just say **** it.

I'm not saying the team didn't play horrid, they did, but this sunk them in the first.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don't know. If a team sees their player get his head smashed into the ice over 10 times and realizes the refs aren't going to call it.........what the hell chance do they have?

I'd still try superhard but I know it wouldn't mean anything

JamestheSame

Apr 18, 2012
I never said it wasn't. I said if Crosby had been ejected for deliberate intent to injure and/or throwing a foreign object from the bench, the leagues integrity would not be in question. Both those things happened, I saw them and so did everyone else. And the rules are clear. They were not followed.

I think the better question is why did the ref sit there for ten seconds watching Crosby do that, and then immediately blow the whistle when Subban got up and grabbed Crosby?

Either way, Preds got their ***** whipped. It's not over yet. This team is resilient.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
We completely sucked. We got our assess kicked. Crosby repeatedly smashed Subban's head and threw a water bottle on the ice like the disgraceful hockey player he is. Both things happened and should be recognized.

And **** it! I still believe! It's the only way I can live!

Cletus Marley

Feb 11, 2007
Cirith Ungol

I'm not saying the team didn't play horrid, they did, but this sunk them in the first.

Hard to disagree with that. I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing. I'm just pissed. I'm damn proud of this team and what they did this year but right now there's just not much positive coming from me. It's just no fun to see your team lose like that this close to the ultimate prize. I'm out for the night. You guys have a good one.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011

While it sucks to have to deal w/ bad officiating at the end of the day if you want to win the Stanley cup you have to find ways to just get the job done and win. The refs didn't cause the pucks to go into our net but our poor PK and goaltending did. Predators are going to have to find ways to win even when things aren't going their way. Winning the Stanley cup is the hardest thing to achieve and it requires both mental and physical toughness to be able to battle through adversity to get a win even if that requires having to deal w/ dirty plays that don't get called on the other team but gets called on you or bad officiating or being down by goals, etc. At the end of the day the only thing that is going to get us the Stanley cup is getting the four wins. Our guys need to focus on and put the effort to winning two games. The way they played tonight obviously wasn't going to win you the game and was probably our worse game yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad