GDT: Stanley Cup Final Game 1: Blackhawks @ Lightning | June 3, 2015 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I wouldn't be shocked if a charged up (heh) Lightning team came out flying and put up a few on the Blackhawks.

If they lose this game it's not a huge deal, but it would be cool to see a statement game.

As long as they get the split though, it's all good.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
It'll be hilarious if the Lightning go up a goal or two, and the same posters will start saying the series is over again. Some people never learn. It's almost like they want the Hawks to lose just to be right.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Yeah, I think game 1 is the most likely game the Hawks will lose of the 7. Hope it doesn't happen of course! :handclap:

Oh and...

11391376_339916402799075_1545851079253335971_n.jpg

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
A lot of new dads that likely wouldn't mind having their kids baptized in the Cup this offseason then (the Versteeg's recently had a kid, too), so here's hoping that's a tad bit more added influence rather than a distraction.

Desjardins mentions his kid is like 5 months old in his scf blog too.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I will say this about the series:

I don't care if it's home, away, or they decide to have a game in Antacrtica (Beware of the Penguins). I just want us to win.

Also...anything not left on the ice should be reason to be traded for Edmonton or Arizona.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I will say this about the series:

I don't care if it's home, away, or they decide to have a game in Antacrtica (Beware of the Penguins). I just want us to win.

Also...anything not left on the ice should be reason to be traded for Edmonton or Arizona.

This. Couldn't honestly care less where they win the cup.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I'm now certain the Blackhawks will lose tonight, because I'm going to be watching the game at home myself and I can't remember the last time they won under those circumstances. :laugh:

The plus side, is that I already have plans to watch game 2, so that jinx won't apply.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Great goaltending article from Sportsnet.

http://t.co/zzqD7bqYRI

Beyond the whole 'you don't need great goaltending to win the cup' thesis, he breaks down both goaltenders.

Ultimately, he thinks Bishop is the better of the two if only due to the extra size, but he also pointed out that the Blackhawks will need to protect Crawford from backside plays, because a) Crawford isn't great at them and b) Tampa is very good at creating them.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Pretty nervous for this game, but excited. I'll be missing the 1st and 2nd period due to work, but should catch the 3rd. My boss might even let me bust the radio out so we'll see. Just win Hawks!

Bmore Red

Mar 7, 2007
North of Washington
This series genuinely makes me nervous (Anaheim never really did). Not sure what to expect against them, and part of me wants to see Desjardins on the third line, and Sharp fourth. If nothing else, hopefully Vermette comes back into the form he had with Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad