GDT: Stanley Cup Final Game 1: Blackhawks @ Lightning | June 3, 2015 | 7:00 PM CDT | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I'm fine with keeping the lines as-is until something needs to be changed. No lines will be defensively inept with Hossa on the 2nd line now, so that'll make it hard for Tampa to get their big guns out on a favorable matchup. Stamkos or the Triplets will always either be facing Toews, Hossa, Vermette, or Kruger and I'm fine with that.

Now if one of top two lines proves to be too much, then maybe it's time to return to the Saad/Toews/Hossa uber-shutdown line.

Elvis P

WNBA fan since 1997
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
This could be the first time the Toews' Hawks have won the Cup at home.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I think I'm fine with the first two lines however Q decides to go with them. Just don't try to get cute and get Versteeg or Nordstrom back in the lineup. The team is 8-2 without them in the playoffs. If those 12 don't get it done then so be it.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
I think I'm fine with the first two lines however Q decides to go with them. Just don't try to get cute and get Versteeg or Nordstrom back in the lineup. The team is 8-2 without them in the playoffs. If those 12 don't get it done then so be it.

Amen to that. Calling that move "cute" is quite diplomatic of you.

TCD Travesty

Mar 30, 2014
Have the Hawks ever won the Cup at home? In 61 it was in Detroit, not sure about the two won in the 1930's

1938 was the last time. Would could ever forget?:sarcasm:

My ideal scenario is Hawks in 5, respecting the fact that TB is too good to be swept. It's too bad they don't have home ice in this series. But seriously, if the Hawks leave United Center after game 4 at best tied 2-2 I'm going to be a little worried if not outright ticked. The last thing they need is to give the Lightning confidence that comes with hanging around for 6 or 7 games.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
GP | 20 | GF | 55
W | 12 | GA | 49
L | 6 | GF/G | 3.24
HOME | 5-5 | GA/G | 2.45
AWAY | 7-1 | PP% | 22.2
STREAK | W2 | PK% | 81.2

Just FYI - I don't think the W/L are right here for TB. Believe they're 12-8 (3 losses to Det, 2 to the Habs, and 3 to the Rags.). 5-5 at home, 7-3 on the road.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
Now if one of top two lines proves to be too much, then maybe it's time to return to the Saad/Toews/Hossa uber-shutdown line.

The other thing you have to worry about are Hedman and Stralman, who, by all accounts, are just as good as Keith and Seabrook. By keeping Toews and Kane together you are making it easier for the Bolts to shut them down. And as much as I am Hossa's fan I just don't see him scoring as much as Kane would away from the Bolts' top D men ...

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
The other thing you have to worry about are Hedman and Stralman, who, by all accounts, are just as good as Keith and Seabrook.

They're solid defensemen for sure and this could just be my homerism talking but I think this assessment is way off base. Hedman is a stud but Keith is on another planet right now, and Seabrook is a few steps ahead of Stralman as well.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
1938 was the last time. Would could ever forget?:sarcasm:

My ideal scenario is Hawks in 5, respecting the fact that TB is too good to be swept. It's too bad they don't have home ice in this series. But seriously, if the Hawks leave United Center after game 4 at best tied 2-2 I'm going to be a little worried if not outright ticked. The last thing they need is to give the Lightning confidence that comes with hanging around for 6 or 7 games.

IMO if the series is tied 2-2 after game 4, then the Lightning are in big trouble. We all know how the Hawks play in games 5, 6 & 7. IMO to beat the Hawks you must jump on them early. Take a 3-1 series lead minimum.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I expect the Hawks to come out sharper early in the series than they did against Anaheim considering no 10 day layoff and they really got back to Hawks hockey in games 6&7. This team can see the cup and I think their killer instinct can end this series by 5 if they get the bounces and play like they can. One more for the core. Let's go boys.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
IMO if the series is tied 2-2 after game 4, then the Lightning are in big trouble. We all know how the Hawks play in games 5, 6 & 7. IMO to beat the Hawks you must jump on them early. Take a 3-1 series lead minimum.

Good points. Obviously hoping we win at least one in Tampa in the first two games and that we take care of business at home, but push comes to shove I'll be very happy if it's a best of three series come game five as I know what our boys can do in crunch time.

If we're better than 2-2 after game four, well... I'll take it. :nod:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The other thing you have to worry about are Hedman and Stralman, who, by all accounts, are just as good as Keith and Seabrook. By keeping Toews and Kane together you are making it easier for the Bolts to shut them down. And as much as I am Hossa's fan I just don't see him scoring as much as Kane would away from the Bolts' top D men ...

Against Rangers, Hedman was carrying the puck form own zone to ops blueline on a regular basis. He was impressive in that series for sure.

Kathryn Tappen

yeah whatever ****
Jun 17, 2013
Is Kimmo really in the lineup for this game? I don't see any confirmations on Twitter. I'm sure he'll get one game in and I hope the time off and the close proximity to the Cup will extract the last drops of greatness out of him.

I would be surprised if he plays any games...Q isn't stupid. He knows he's finished.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Against Rangers, Hedman was carrying the puck form own zone to ops blueline on a regular basis. He was impressive in that series for sure.

Lost me when it was said that Hedman and Stralman are as good as Dunc and Seabs. Okay. :laugh:

Kathryn Tappen

yeah whatever ****
Jun 17, 2013
I think our 3rd and 4th lines will be the difference maker this series. Will definitely be a big matchup chess match

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lost me when it was said that Hedman and Stralman are as good as Dunc and Seabs. Okay. :laugh:

I would say Hedman is better than Seabs, but not quite as good as Keith, and Stralman is probably just as good, maybe better than Seabs overall. Although Seabs scores some very key goals for us which evens it out a little.

Kathryn Tappen

yeah whatever ****
Jun 17, 2013
Its not easy to forget the struggle chicago had against the oilers a while back with their 'kids'. That's what worries me about the triplets. Young and fast.

I'm confident toews can shut down stammer like he has with kesler But tampa second line needs containment too.

Fortunately the bolts suck at faceoffs so they can exhaust more chasing the puck while chi posseses

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger 25m25 minutes ago

Heard Vermette's wife and Seabrook's wife each have due dates of June 17 ... or in NHL lingo, potential Game 7 day. #Blackhawks

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
A lot of new dads that likely wouldn't mind having their kids baptized in the Cup this offseason then (the Versteeg's recently had a kid, too), so here's hoping that's a tad bit more added influence rather than a distraction.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
It was only 7 short years ago that I thought I might never see my beloved Hawks raise the Stanley Cup and now we could be a cap space dynasty.

Ben Bishop meet Andrew Shaw's Azz!

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger 25m25 minutes ago

Heard Vermette's wife and Seabrook's wife each have due dates of June 17 ... or in NHL lingo, potential Game 7 day. #Blackhawks

Seabs should know better than to get his wife pregnant with a due date mid-June! All the more motivation to win this series in 4 or 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad