NHL Standings Watch - 2023-2024 Season - Updated daily for your convenience

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I don't care where we finish, as long as we make the playoffs, but ideally I'd like to see Tampa and Florida meet in the first round and beat the crap out of each other so the winner limps into round two.
Right now, we will not beat Florida unless we get a lot better and tougher.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Be above the cut off line. 1st, 2nd, 7th, I don't care Get in and go from there

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Your expectation is to be hoping a team in the top of the standings is to just get in?
I didn't say this years team would finish there. Where did I say I was hoping or expecting they "just got in". Obviously it goes without saying they will be a high seed this year. I said just get in period, who cares where you finish as a general statement, for any season,, It doesn't matter to me where they finish top 8 in any season, got it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It sure looks like Boston and Toronto will meet in Round 1

Florida has 15 home games left :oops:

XXA051X.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It sure looks like Boston and Toronto will meet in Round 1

Florida has 15 home games left :oops:

XXA051X.png

The Panthers are actually slightly better on the road than at home. But regardless yeah I think they're solid favorites to top the division, and Leafs-Bruins is looking a pretty good bet. Well and good. Been a little while now since they last met in the postseason. Winnable for both teams, for different reasons, but I'm comfortable enough with it. At least with Toronto you know what you're getting.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Panthers are actually slightly better on the road than at home. But regardless yeah I think they're solid favorites to top the division, and Leafs-Bruins is looking a pretty good bet. Well and good. Been a little while now since they last met in the postseason. Winnable for both teams, for different reasons, but I'm comfortable enough with it. At least with Toronto you know what you're getting.
@Aussie Bruin

The Wild Card battle will be intense.

It is hard to believe it has been 5 years since we last played the Leafs and they could have eliminated the Bruins at home on Easter Sunday 2019. I had breakfast that morning at the George Street Diner and texted @Alicat not to worry. Why the George St Diner?

Then I had to deal with this nightmare.

d0ERwzm.png

Truth is I think the Bruins will be better off meeting Toronto in Round 1 rather than Detroit. If the Wings hold on they will be a tough out..............

QBSSy41.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Toronto would murder us at this point with Matthews hitting a whole other stratosphere in scoring and us not having Chara or Bergeron anymore.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
@Aussie Bruin

The Wild Card battle will be intense.

It is hard to believe it has been 5 years since we last played the Leafs and they could have eliminated the Bruins at home on Easter Sunday 2019. I had breakfast that morning at the George Street Diner and texted @Alicat not to worry. Why the George St Diner?

Then I had to deal with this nightmare.

d0ERwzm.png

Truth is I think the Bruins will be better off meeting Toronto in Round 1 rather than Detroit. If the Wings hold on they will be a tough out..............

QBSSy41.png

Despite being overshadowed by how it ended, there were some great moments in that 2019 run. And I definitely remember those standing fans from G7!

There's no denying that whatever exact lineup Toronto end up icing in April it will pound-for-pound have more talent than ours, and more than Detroit's. Whatever their flaws they will take some beating. But the Red Wings just have more of that x-factor that makes them more unpredictable, and therefore potentially more dangerous. Unlike the Leafs they also have nothing to lose and no mental baggage. End of the day there are no easy options in Round 1, but I'd still marginally prefer the Leafs to either the Wings or Panthers.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Leafs have flaws in net and on defense and Matthews has been a no show every playoffs. It might be different this year but until i see it he us the same no show. Im more worried about Tampa. They play that hard forecheck game that we are not good against

Leafs have flaws in net and on defense and Matthews has been a no show every playoffs. It might be different this year but until i see it he us the same no show. Im more worried about Tampa. They play that hard forecheck game that we are not good against

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Funny that Leaf fans were so mad about a suspension for Reilly but they have won each game he’s been out.

They still aren’t built for the playoffs. Goaltending, defense and forwards that may or may not show up (Nylander is their best playoff performer). They (based on their PP) would give the Bruins a hard time but they can still take them. Let’s see what Sweeney does with the roster before the playoffs. If the Leafs play FLA they lose in 5……again

Reactions: lopey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like the team - it’s a good team but they look worn down which is odd since they been home for a couple of weeks

The D a strength is sub standard and we don’t know about Lindholm

To many secondary players (actually anyone after 63 & 88) aren’t scoring

They aren’t overly physical but no where nearly as described here HOWEVER they need a mean sob with defensive skills on third D

I think Middleton is the right target but why would Wild do this (they are arguably #1 team in prospects / absolutely loaded)

I like Hanifin but Bruins don’t have assets or space & Frank Servelli says he wants to play in Tampa (been there a bunch I don’t blame him)

Best scenario to me is go with a handful of Lohrei Beecher Merkulov Lauko Lysell Brazeau Regula etc down the stretch (minimum 4 a night)

Beecher 6’3
Lohrei 6’4
Brazeau 6’5
Regula 6’4

I Don’t expect them playing round 3 at this time - and round one I would not bet anything valuable

They are a good team though but mid March if trade deadline didn’t do it add kids

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Toronto would murder us at this point with Matthews hitting a whole other stratosphere in scoring and us not having Chara or Bergeron anymore.

Mathews and the other high flying Leaf players are different players come playoff time, they tend to shrivel under the added intensity, plus their D is not good, even Leaf fans admit that.

Reactions: Fenway

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Mathews and the other high flying Leaf players are different players come playoff time, they tend to shrivel under the added intensity, plus their D is not good, even Leaf fans admit that.
Matthews wants his trophy in the regular season.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I like the team - it’s a good team but they look worn down which is odd since they been home for a couple of weeks

The D a strength is sub standard and we don’t know about Lindholm

To many secondary players (actually anyone after 63 & 88) aren’t scoring

They aren’t overly physical but no where nearly as described here HOWEVER they need a mean sob with defensive skills on third D

I think Middleton is the right target but why would Wild do this (they are arguably #1 team in prospects / absolutely loaded)

I like Hanifin but Bruins don’t have assets or space & Frank Servelli says he wants to play in Tampa (been there a bunch I don’t blame him)

Best scenario to me is go with a handful of Lohrei Beecher Merkulov Lauko Lysell Brazeau Regula etc down the stretch (minimum 4 a night)

Beecher 6’3
Lohrei 6’4
Brazeau 6’5
Regula 6’4

I Don’t expect them playing round 3 at this time - and round one I would not bet anything valuable

They are a good team though but mid March if trade deadline didn’t do it add kids
Good recap!

Do you think Monty has overused some guys? (Pasta for example)?

Also didn’t know that about the Wild and their prospects. Guerin’s moves will pay off with the salary dumps he made previously to change direction. Anaheim looks to be in a similar position with young talent. Looks like the west will have some strong new teams over the next few years

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good recap!

Do you think Monty has overused some guys? (Pasta for example)?

Also didn’t know that about the Wild and their prospects. Guerin’s moves will pay off with the salary dumps he made previously to change direction. Anaheim looks to be in a similar position with young talent. Looks like the west will have some strong new teams over the next few years
I think when Monty’s kids are in bed and he sits in the darkness of his living room and flips on Peggy Lee’s ‘Is That All There Is’ he goes back to all those decisions starting in game 5. He feels pressure lots of it and his default is more Pastrnak & Marchand & McAvoy.

He’s over using all to me.

After deadline they will either be improved or time to add Providence guys

They can get size there

It could go so many ways

But right now they are a good team not a Cup favorite built for 4 tough rounds

Unless

They alternate goalies beginning of every series and get some kids like Lohrei Beecher & I guess Brazeau in

Average height 6’4

Tough to beat up 6’4 guys and push around certainly

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Let’s see where Bruins are in a month - I think even internally they could turn around and the young legs - many are trees

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I think when Monty’s kids are in bed and he sits in the darkness of his living room and flips on Peggy Lee’s ‘Is That All There Is’ he goes back to all those decisions starting in game 5. He feels pressure lots of it and his default is more Pastrnak & Marchand & McAvoy.
LOL! Love it!!!

Seriously Monty does strike me at times as being a little more tense on the bench vs LY. Now that’s watching a game on tv with a 5 second camera shot……but…..he knows he cannot have another good season and bad round one, but yeah he’s using some guys a lot and it’s catching up to them. Still lots of hockey left though.

Reactions: DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
LOL! Love it!!!

Seriously Monty does strike me at times as being a little more tense on the bench vs LY. Now that’s watching a game on tv with a 5 second camera shot……but…..he knows he cannot have another good season and bad round one, but yeah he’s using some guys a lot and it’s catching up to them. Still lots of hockey left though.
The camera caught him yelling at Coyle the other day, never saw him do that stuff last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad