NHL Standings Watch - 2023-2024 Season - Updated daily for your convenience

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Leafs now have become a bubble team as they have NO margain of error.

1705479568752.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
With Detroit beating Florida last night in OT, that was the worst case scenario for the Leafs. They are now in a wild card spot.
Detroit's schedule is not favorable but they are playing with the house money.

Toronto can't afford to slip into the Wild Card mayhem and wind up fighting Pittsburgh for a spot. The Toronto media will focus on the Pens angle.

1705576338115.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If you told me back in October the Bruins would be in control of the East at the All Star break I would have have laughed at you but here we are

View attachment 812133

It's very impressive. Down the table, little bit of a gap starting to open up between WC2 in the east and the rest. Certainly not insurmountable, but I think there's a strong possibility that the 8 teams in qualifying spots won't change come the end of the season, and it just remains to be seen who finishes where.

The west is much closer, which often seems to be the way. Everyone down to Minnesota is very much in the hunt. The current top 6 are probably pretty safe, but that leaves 7 teams battling for 2 WC spots. Good on Arizona for still being right in that contest.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It's very impressive. Down the table, little bit of a gap starting to open up between WC2 in the east and the rest. Certainly not insurmountable, but I think there's a strong possibility that the 8 teams in qualifying spots won't change come the end of the season, and it just remains to be seen who finishes where.

The west is much closer, which often seems to be the way. Everyone down to Minnesota is very much in the hunt. The current top 6 are probably pretty safe, but that leaves 7 teams battling for 2 WC spots. Good on Arizona for still being right in that contest.
What is Pittsburgh going to do?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

If anything I would bet on the Flyers falling out of that 3rd metro spot for the Isles or Pens, who have 4 games in hand with 5 less points. Flyers are the only playoff team in the East with a negative goal differential is always a red flag to me

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If anything I would bet on the Flyers falling out of that 3rd metro spot for the Isles or Pens, who have 4 games in hand with 5 less points. Flyers are the only playoff team in the East with a negative goal differential is always a red flag to me

Yes now that I look again I think there's a good possibility of that. Or if not Pittsburgh then the Devils or Islanders. Seems crazy to think NJ could miss out with that roster and the way they've been building over the last couple of years. Yes they've had a horror injury run but still. Have to think they'll at least try to make a late push.

Reactions: HustleB

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yes now that I look again I think there's a good possibility of that. Or if not Pittsburgh then the Devils or Islanders. Seems crazy to think NJ could miss out with that roster and the way they've been building over the last couple of years. Yes they've had a horror injury run but still. Have to think they'll at least try to make a late push.
I feel like the Devils have a chance of being this years Panthers - I'm not sure I'd want them in the first round if they start to get healthy and improved goaltending.

Reactions: HustleB

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
3. Boston Bruins (31-9-9, +44) — They’re rolling, and are getting close to running away with both the Atlantic and the East. Also, they come back from the bye with a seven-game homestand. Best of luck to everyone else in the conference.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Edmonton had 11 Pts in their first 18 games. They were leaking goals like a sieve and were tied with Chicago.

One coaching change later, and they've been rolling. 48pts in their next 27 games and unbeaten in their last 16....Second fewest Goals Against in the Western Conference. 4 fewer than Boston.

Incredible turn around.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I feel like the Devils have a chance of being this years Panthers - I'm not sure I'd want them in the first round if they start to get healthy and improved goaltending.

It's definitely a possibility. At the same time I don't think I'd hit the trade table too hard if I were the Devils' GM. The chances of a deep run from here are small and they've got youth and time on their side. On that basis I'd probably tinker a little but largely stand pat and then just see what happens if the team does qualify. Find out which guys on the roster really stand up on the run home and reconsider whether Ruff is still the right man for the coaching job. Essentially still take a punt but be prepared to write this year off as a bad luck bump in the road and prepare to go again next season.

Reactions: NDiesel

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It is amazing that they are still only one point out of first place after this terrible home run. Florida will cool off, Bruins should heat up again....could be cat and mouse the rest of the way but I don't really care much where they end up. It is getting very interesting, New Jersey still right in the race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad