NHL Standings Watch - 2023-2024 Season - Updated daily for your convenience

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
3 weeks into the season ( 10% down - 90% to go )

Fans of the Sabres have to be concerned as this was suppposed to be the year they would finally be a playoff team but already they are behing the 8-ball again. The surprise in the Atlantic so far is Poutineville as most saw them finishing last.

It certainly appears that Mario knew when to bail on Pittsburgh and found a willing sucker in Fenway Sports Group to take over.

1698646321468.png

In the West San Jose looks like a team that might not win 10 games all season. When I was out there 2 weeks ago the locals told me the plan seems to be strip the team to the bone and then sell the franchise to the NBA Warriors who would move them 40 miles north to San Francisco.

1698648035974.png

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Other than the dumpster fire in SJ and Calgary and rebuilding teams in Montreal, Chicago and Arizona, I don't think there are any other teams that can be written off
as lost causes as bubble teams.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It is amazing that the Bruins have been playing so poorly and are still first in the Atlantic. Those early points were so valuable. I am surprised by Philadelphia.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
As we approach the halfway point it is becomming apparent we know who the Top 3 teams in the Atlantic will be but A1 the way things are trending looks like Florida and A2-A3 will be Boston and Toronto. :help:

I think the Bruins can still grasp A1 but it will be tough as the Panthers are well contructed. The Lightning no longer worry me and Buffalo and Detroit don't appear strong enough to crack the Top 3.

1704023601862.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
As we approach the halfway point it is becomming apparent we know who the Top 3 teams in the Atlantic will be but A1 the way things are trending looks like Florida and A2-A3 will be Boston and Toronto. :help:

I think the Bruins can still grasp A1 but it will be tough as the Panthers are well contructed. The Lightning no longer worry me and Buffalo and Detroit don't appear strong enough to crack the Top 3.

At least with the Leafs you know what you're getting, although with their goaltending issues I don't think it's anywhere near a lock yet that they beat out the likes of Tampa and Detroit to a top 3 spot. The recipe for beating them remains the same - shut down their top forwards often enough for long enough and you'll be fine. Would very much like to avoid Florida, at least in the 1st round. It'd be great to get revenge, but ideally that can is kicked further down the road into the postseason, presuming either team ever gets that far.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
The number of teams whose playoff prospects are up in the air is pretty high for the start of the new year. The demarcation line on this chart is not as pronounced.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Very odd that the Senators have played a league low 32 games when some teams have played 37 and 38.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
A path for the Bruins of Islanders, Panthers/Leafs, Rangers/Hurricanes could be fun! Or the death of us all.

• Haha
Reactions: KWbruin

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Whether they finish first in the division or not, you’re looking at Florida or Toronto in Round 2.

We’ll see what happens if it gets to that, but they need to at least win a round for this season to be a success for me.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'm not rooting for a particular opponent either way. We saw what happened last season when a large chunk wanted Florida.....
Yeah that's always a loser mentality. Gives the other team bulletin board material.

As long as we don't win the President's Trophy I'm fine matching up against whoever lol.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's pretty embarrassing that we have 3 fewer wins than Florida but are in first place due to 9 OT losses. The system needs an overhaul.

Reactions: Bruinaura

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad