NHL Standings Watch - 2023-2024 Season - Updated daily for your convenience

Hairz

Mar 22, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Will they wait until the 18/19 to announce Round 1 playoff schedule? Doesn't really give much notice if we could be starting on Saturday the 20th.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
After all this “they won’t be able to catch the Rangers” shit…they will…but Carolina will end up first overall due to tiebreakers.

Edit: of course, made this post when the Islanders were up late in the third, only to see the Rangers come back.

Last edited:
Reactions: RI.B FAN

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IMG_9686.jpeg
IMG_9687.jpeg

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Rangers-Islanders? Patrick Roy? That would be fun.

Edit: I forgot how bad that other division is and that the Islanders could play Hurricanes!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So the Red Wings get Montreal twice while the Caps and Flyers play each other. It looks like Detroit should probably end up with that final spot.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Doesn’t two losses get us Toronto instead of Tampa?

At least personally it feels like we are in a great spot to rest players and simultaneously get a better first round opponent.

1) Because of the cap situation I just don't know how many players they could actually rest if even want to.

2) Even if you sit Marchand and a couple others, it is very likely that they will get 1 point out of the next 2 games

3) No thanks based on principle alone.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
1) Because of the cap situation I just don't know how many players they could actually rest if even want to.

2) Even if you sit Marchand and a couple others, it is very likely that they will get 1 point out of the next 2 games

3) No thanks based on principle alone.
I would at least be sitting Marchand. He’s been limping into the playoffs and could use some rest.

Side note to anyone that knows.. how many players could the Bs call up

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would at least be sitting Marchand. He’s been limping into the playoffs and could use some rest.

Side note to anyone that knows.. how many players could the Bs call up

I theory they have 3 AHL recalls still available, but no cap space to do that (I don't think). So the question becomes can they use emergency recalls? But they can only use an emergency call up if they have less than 20 healthy players available for a game. Maybe they could say Marchand is hurt. Maybe they could stretch it on a couple other players?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I theory they have 3 AHL recalls still available, but no cap space to do that (I don't think). So the question becomes can they use emergency recalls? But they can only use an emergency call up if they have less than 20 healthy players available for a game. Maybe they could say Marchand is hurt. Maybe they could stretch it on a couple other players?
They usually let teams slide a bit on this for the last couple games of the season. But with 3-4 days off between the finale and the playoffs starting I don’t think it makes sense to rest guys.

Reactions: wintersej

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
For those holding out hope for the slim chance of the Bruins still getting 1st in the East and facing against the 2nd wildcard team . .

We have to win both our games against WSH and then OTT
Carolina has to lose to Columbus
NYR has to lose in regulation to Ottawa

In other words, unless everything goes right I'd put money on us playing a blue team round 1.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
For those holding out hope for the slim chance of the Bruins still getting 1st in the East and facing against the 2nd wildcard team . .

We have to win both our games against WSH and then OTT
Carolina has to lose to Columbus
NYR has to lose in regulation to Ottawa

In other words, unless everything goes right I'd put money on us playing a blue team round 1.
I mean sure. That’s by far the most likely scenario and I think everyone know that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad