Standard Red Wing Operations Procedures

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
...Agree about picking higher, but that's assuming we keep crashing and burning. Maybe I was just blind, but I still think this team is better than they've played the past ten or so games. I've been banging the drum for awhile that I thought we were a 15-20 team, and I still think that. It wouldn't surprise me if we move out of the best part of the draft, unfortunately. My real concern is that this team gets in a rut of picking in the early teens.

The Red Wings are an enigma. We can't say anything for sure yet. Before the season I was imagining a bottom 3 result but they're showing an ability to win a few. I can respect now why some were feeling that 15-20 range. The Toronto game highlighted the Wings' forecheck, descent passing, and overall solid defensive play. We are a fast team. With Howard playing like a top 10 goalie (IMO) they've proven they won't be rolled over easy. It's dull, low event hockey but the Wings can grind out points.

Anywhere between 21-29 is what I'm sensing. I really don't think we're a better team than Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton, Colorado, or Philadelphia. Carolina I haven't seen. A lot of it comes down to injuries or other clubs self destructing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad