Rumor: Stan Bowman to receive an extension?

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
They definitely should hold off on his extension now to see how these moves pay off.
This.

We can blither on all day about who was more responsible for the 'hawks slide in recent years, but the reality is Stan's neck should be in the noose until/unless the moves pay off. We extend him now and if the team chemistry goes to crap because of the moves and the new guys just can't gel, what then?

I think any smart businessman should wait for the results of at least this season. Stan has everything lined up for him to have a good shot at succeeding. If he does, then extend him. If he doesn't, cut him loose. But you'd have to think that if the team does go deep he'd be looking at a much larger extension than he would if he signed now.

Reactions: LDF and BrianE

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Hawks have resources.
They weren't afraid to pay Q and dump him, they should do the same with Bowman (I am nowhere close to looking for his firing). There could be some major contract decisions ahead, and front office volatility wouldn't help.

They can keep him under contract and have him on the block at the same time.

No reason not to Rocky!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Absolutely. Let's see the results, and a visit to the playoffs, not ended in the 1st round.
tumblr_ppxa8lx3LY1xkok61o1_500.gif

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Just so you know, Stan's the reason he's taking chances like this. Also, the reason for having to is Stan, overpaying EVERYONE. He is also the main reason for no playoffs lately. Hard to believe McDlt and Rocky are letting him off for that. As far as signing Mitchell, Stan's spooked that he wouldn't if he let him finish school.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Just so you know, Stan's the reason he's taking chances like this. Also, the reason for having to is Stan, overpaying EVERYONE. He is also the main reason for no playoffs lately. Hard to believe McDlt and Rocky are letting him off for that. As far as signing Mitchell, Stan's spooked that he wouldn't if he let him finish school.
I count to 1 player paid much more than his cap hit, and that was a contract signed 4 years ago.

Who is overpaid lately? Lehner, Carpentar, Gus, Koekkoek, Dahlstrom?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
I count to 1 player paid much more than his cap hit, and that was a contract signed 4 years ago.

Who is overpaid lately? Lehner, Carpentar, Gus, Koekkoek, Dahlstrom?
How far back can I go? Toews/Kane.5m more than necessary, Seabrook's last contract, Trading for Anisimov and immediately extending him, Bickell-2 good weeks during the playoffs goes from 800,000 to 4m for 4 years, Kruger a 4th line Center getting $3m per...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad