Rumor: Stan Bowman to receive an extension?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
One thing is clear no one really saw him dropping off cliff immediately

We all had expectation he could at least be productive years 1-3 then it would get dicey

Post #248 is when tone changes and thread is bumped

We all are sick of him or upset with his play before extension even kicks in

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So two guys who have played 0 games in the NHL and a guy who is proven to be better as a winger.

Swing and a miss.

Don't need to be proven to be better then what AA is at this point

And Shaw is better C option then AA at this point when AA does nothing well at the very least Shaw can win a faceoff

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Don't need to be proven to be better then what AA is at this point

And Shaw is better C option then AA at this point when AA does nothing well at the very least Shaw can win a faceoff

You don’t even know if they can hang in the NHL at this point. No one does.

Shaw is 46% at the dot for his career.

It’s hilarious how much shit you just make up.

Reactions: Pile and ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You don’t even know if they can hang in the NHL at this point. No one does.

Shaw is 46% at the dot for his career.

It’s hilarious how much **** you just make up.

Actually he is 48.1% for his career

And in MTL he was at 52%

This attempt by AA defenders to ignore his horrendous faceoff ability is odd. They seem to deem it as pointless well losing every important faceoff especially on PK is a very costly thing and has been for Hawks

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t even understand why anyone would hate AA this much. He’s so meh. To get this worked up for so long is sad.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

And in MTL he was at 52%

This attempt by AA defenders to ignore his horrendous faceoff ability is odd. They seem to deem it as pointless well losing every important faceoff especially on PK is a very costly thing and has been for Hawks

He was 47% at the dot last year.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Here is thread

I was actually hopeful in my post while acknowledging how bad it would be in years 5-8

Also I still stand by we should have traded Seabrook and extended Saad as was my stance that summer

Seabrook extension (8 years, $6.875m aav)
Hawks were coming off a Stanley Cup where Seabrook was one of only 4Dmen to play in the playoffs that previous year. So your idea was to trade one of those 4 Dmen, and have who on D? Keith, Hammer, and Oduya and ? Seabrook was a huge part of that team, everyone didn't want to sign Seabrook for 8years at big money. Trading Saad was the right move, and I would do it again, signing Seabrook for 8 years was the wrong move.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

And in MTL he was at 52%

Sure, and when may I ask did AA last take a draw on the PP for Chicago?
AA has been traded but I know we will keep hearing you diss him at every opportunity for the rest of his NHL career.... just like you do for every ex-Hawks player that you dislike in your black and white world.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks were coming off a Stanley Cup where Seabrook was one of only 4Dmen to play in the playoffs that previous year. So your idea was to trade one of those 4 Dmen, and have who on D? Keith, Hammer, and Oduya and ? Seabrook was a huge part of that team, everyone didn't want to sign Seabrook for 8years at big money. Trading Saad was the right move, and I would do it again, signing Seabrook for 8 years was the wrong move.

Hawks were coming off a Stanley Cup where Saad was one of our best forwards (3rd in goals in playoffs for Hawk) and was huge part of that team and only 22 yrs old

Signing Saad and moving Seabrook was the right move but Stanley made wrong one and gave away Saad in bad deal while extending Seabrook

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hawks were coming off a Stanley Cup where Saad was one of our best forwards (3rd in goals in playoffs for Hawk) and was huge part of that team and only 22 yrs old

Signing Saad and moving Seabrook was the right move but Stanley made wrong one and gave away Saad in bad deal while extending Seabrook
No, he didn't. Saad was more of a passenger on his line than a driver. Seabrook was a top pairing Dman shutting down the ops. Stan made the right move by keeping Seabrook, and trading Saad, it was the long extension for Seabs that was the mistake.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Hartnell signed a 6 year, 28.5 contract the summer before. Clowe signed a 5 year 24+ contract the same week, Clarkson signed 7 years and about 37 million that week, Horton signed 7 years and 37+ million that week. Lucic signed 3 years 18 million the summer before, Brouwer had 3 years and 11 million the summer before,...

Nobody liked the contract price, and I obviously spent way too much time several years ago getting aggravated about why they paid so much. The market was set higher than for what he signed for...and he was coming off of a massive discounted contract.

To the point about the front office, it was 2013. This lack of system players is what happens when you have a trainwreck of a front office drafting year over year 05-08 (Scotty started righting the ship in summer 08). Bickell took 6 years to show up as a meaningful contributor. Shaw and Saad had just emerged (which shouldn't be expected), and they just drafted Hartman. They had to peg the needle for 2 rings on the cap over 4 years...not sure how much better their decision making process should have been.

Just be mad Bickell was sick or point out an actual problem with their decision making process.
Stan didn't replace Tallon til July-09. 6 years? Hawks certainly gave Bickell enough time.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Stan didn't replace Tallon til July-09. 6 years? Hawks certainly gave Bickell enough time.

Scotty came during summer of 2008.

Bickell was drafted in 2004. The point was how long it would have likely taken to address a big bodied forward, or one of many skillsets from within the system. Tallon really struggled as gm and there wasn't much to draw on from what he had put into the system.

Blaming the FO for not replacing Bickell in 2013 from within doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Scotty came during summer of 2008.

Bickell was drafted in 2004. The point was how long it would have likely taken to address a big bodied forward, or one of many skillsets from within the system. Tallon really struggled as gm and there wasn't much to draw on from what he had put into the system.

Blaming the FO for not replacing Bickell in 2013 from within doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Dylan Olsen, Marcus Kruger in the 09 draft. so?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Dylan Olsen, Marcus Kruger in the 09 draft. so?

What does that have to do with replacing Bickell or a front office failure for not having another useful big body in the system to replace Bickell after 13'?

I think Anders Lee , Dowd, and Foligno were the only guys with good size in the next 180 picks after Olsen that made useful contributions. Lee and Dowd wouldn't have helped in 14' and big prospects projecting to the top 9 were not being traded around the league.

The front office didn't fail by not having a body to replace Bickell. The contract didn't work. Bowman picked a bad horse. The process and decision making was still pretty sound.

The best gm in the league isn't going to guess right on acquisitions and draft picks more than 55% of the time. They're going to miss on a large % of extensions too.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
What does that have to do with replacing Bickell or a front office failure for not having another useful big body in the system to replace Bickell after 13'?

I think Anders Lee , Dowd, and Foligno were the only guys with good size in the next 180 picks after Olsen that made useful contributions. Lee and Dowd wouldn't have helped in 14' and big prospects projecting to the top 9 were not being traded around the league.

The front office didn't fail by not having a body to replace Bickell. The contract didn't work. Bowman picked a bad horse. The process and decision making was still pretty sound.

The best gm in the league isn't going to guess right on acquisitions and draft picks more than 55% of the time. They're going to miss on a large % of extensions too.
Bowman straightened out the Hawks drafting, apparently not in 09.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Bowman straightened out the Hawks drafting, apparently not in 09.
I'm not sure what claim you're trying to get at. Tallon and Michael Dumas were still in charge even with Scotty involved. He didn't suddenly supercede them nor was he an addition that was connected to massive overhauls.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
I'm not sure what claim you're trying to get at. Tallon and Michael Dumas were still in charge even with Scotty involved. He didn't suddenly supercede them nor was he an addition that was connected to massive overhauls.
HockeyDoug said Scotty straightened out the Hawks drafting, I said '09 wasn't good.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
HockeyDoug said Scotty straightened out the Hawks drafting, I said '09 wasn't good.
And I don't think he or anyone would think the hired senor advisor was making that impact and change immediately. He just brought incremental shift and Michel Dumas was still scouting director and Tallon was still in charge of the draft.

But Scotty was probably a big part of the shirt on removing Dumas from that role and placing Kelley there which was apart of when they remodeled a lot of their scouting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad