R4QYxPs.gif

See? Already better.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Anyone get the latest e-mail ...

http://neweratickets-s.neolane.net/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=7b40a9819b843281a5

... NHL has announced it has re-priced select tickets in the Reserved level from $249 to as low as $199.

Special Offer until January 17th: Receive an additional $50 off these newly priced tickets with code: STADIUMVIP.

so is that yet ANOTHER $100 total off the even recently reduced price ? :huh:

so now the RED section will only be $150 ? that's not too bad anymore ... might consider going now :)
BSFM-5RCAAEZeKS.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I might be compelled to purchase tix if they threw in an alternate Kings jersey. Can't believe an authentic (which is just a better replica version and not truly authentic as in the material worn on the ice) costs more than the most expensive seats at the game.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
If I had bought tix already at the $189 price I might be a little pissed off. People can now get "better" tix for $149

Captain Mittens*

If they give us a refund, I want it paid to me in kidneys. Kidneys are worth three times more on the street

You always know something is going well when it hits living social:

What you get
•Choice of Top Deck, Loge Level, or Field Box MVP Ticket
•Each Ticket Comes With Access to VIP Pre-Game Party with Food, Drinks, Music, and Free Shuttle to Stadium
•Includes Choice of Hat or Scarf and an Official Ticket Holder Lanyard

Catch the two Los Angeles pro hockey teams take to the outdoor ice when you use this deal for your pick of ticket packages. Held at LA's beloved ballpark in the heart of the city, this event rediscovers the joy of outdoor hockey and adds in the thrill of having top-ranked pro hockey teams battle it out in the open air.

Choose from the following ticket offers, which each includes access to the VIP pre-game party with food, entertainment, and unlimited beer, wine, and soft drinks; choice of scarf or hat; and an official ticket holder lanyard:

• $185 ($343 value) for one top deck ticket in sections 1 to 13
• $225 ($483 value) for one loge level ticket in sections 165 and 166
• $265 ($293 value) for one field box MVP ticket in sections 1 to 25

https://www.livingsocial.com/events...id=1008177-outdoor-pro-hockey-game-vip-ticket

What's a real bummer is that there are more than likely going to be some empty seats which the NHL is going to probably be embarrassed about (assuming somebody is actually paying attention to notice it) and we'll probably never see another one of these again. And it is primarily out of their outrageous pricing from the get go. Although, I do have my doubts that the Kings/Ducks could sell 55,000 tickets for a single regular season game at any price. That is essentially selling out Staples 3x.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
What's a real bummer is that there are more than likely going to be some empty seats which the NHL is going to probably be embarrassed about (assuming somebody is actually paying attention to notice it) and we'll probably never see another one of these again. And it is primarily out of their outrageous pricing from the get go. Although, I do have my doubts that the Kings/Ducks could sell 55,000 tickets for a single regular season game at any price. That is essentially selling out Staples 3x.

You say that like it's a bad thing. The last time I went to a Dodger game (admittedly like 3 years ago) top deck seats were $6 for a regular season game. Now suddenly I was supposed to get excited to spend $200+ on the same seat for a regular season hockey game that I wouldn't even be able to see?

Yeah, nope.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I just hope that the game is more entertaining that some of the previous Winter Classic games. At times it seems like I'm watching an exhibition game. And I'm likely to have more fun watching this game in my living room.

You say that like it's a bad thing. The last time I went to a Dodger game (admittedly like 3 years ago) top deck seats were $6 for a regular season game. Now suddenly I was supposed to get excited to spend $200+ on the same seat for a regular season hockey game that I wouldn't even be able to see?

Yeah, nope.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Yeah I hear you. I was excited about the idea of it at first but the pricing just really soured me on it. I guess I don't want LA to get the bad rap for not selling out the game but if it doesn't sell out, it is for the simple fact that hockey is just not popular here. At least not at $200 for a nosebleed ticket. I wonder how ticket sales for the Yankee Stadium games are doing?

I just hope that the game is more entertaining that some of the previous Winter Classic games. At times it seems like I'm watching an exhibition game. And I'm likely to have more fun watching this game in my living room.

Yeah the Winter Classic games have been bad especially that one in Pittsburgh where it rained. I went to the original one in Buffalo and it was a blast. The game play was sloppy but it was a lot of fun to be there and I even like watching it on my DVR when I got home. But most of the other games have not had that allure. I did like the one this year. I thought the game was actually entertaining but I'm admittedly biased as my Dad grew up 2 blocks from the stadium and spent a lot of time their growing up myself.

I basically had no interest in going to the game at Dodger stadium until i was able to score a ticket for $50. I'm going to have the worst view in the building so I'm basically paying $50 to watch it on the jumbotron there.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm curious to find out what the parking prices will be on game day. That might be the extra kick in the nuts for those who bought their tickets too soon.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I'm officially bent over this now. I bought six tickets in August for the pre-sale in the Top Deck at $139 which is insane but I was committed to going and I have friends in the same boat. Now, seats that were $110 more at release are now $10 more. Hmmm...would I have spent $10 more a seat to have a much better view? Of course I would. Of course, since I bought my seats already, there is nothing I can do except know that pretty much every ******* in the section below me is paying only $10 more and they may have bought their tickets the day of the game.

I've been funding this operation since August and the NHL is bending me over. People that bought those seats get a refund, as they should, but people that chose to buy seats that are now only $10 less are just stuck where they are. League should offer the chance to exchange and upgrade and, if not, they should refund the $139 tickets by at least $20 a piece. There is no effing way to justify going from a $110 difference to $10...so you are saying they are basically the same seat? Well, they aren't NHL! Know what else NHL??? Nobody likes Five for Fighting even the dude is a Kings fan!!

It's pretty ********. Called the Kings even though I know there is nothing they can do. They are providing all feedback to the league but, in the end, I told them that they have to answer to me so something needs to be done to make it right. This is not how you treat a 12-year season seat holder, frequent Frozen Fury attendee, England trip attendee and effing guy who snatches up his allotment of six overpriced tickets in August to an event occuring in January.

I gave two of the tickets as Christmas gifts to my parents so I've spent $450 on this...it's killing me too know for $30 more, I could give my parents and myself a much better view of the game.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Wow. Even the parking is outrageous.

Like several others, I was planning to to go to this despite the crappy views, but the pricing really put me off. For the best seats, which aren't great, they started off asking 1.5X what you'd pay for lower bowl center ice seats at Staples. The subsequent reductions haven't been enough (especially since if I do decide to go, the secondary market is looking like it'll be a buyers market, too). Plus the gimmicky KISS thing.

Sorry. No.

If you wanna avoid the parking fees and potential traffic nightmare, the one good news is they'll be doing the Stadium shuttle to and from Union Station for free:

http://frozenroyalty.net/2014/01/10...on-to-dodger-stadium-for-stadium-series-game/

I still haven't decided where to pregame but I know there are some dive bars in Chinatown. The biggest disgrace of this whole circus is the lack of tailgating. I guess they are having some sort of contrived tailgate party before the game.. Yay!

Captain Mittens*

If you wanna avoid the parking fees and potential traffic nightmare, the one good news is they'll be doing the Stadium shuttle to and from Union Station for free:

http://frozenroyalty.net/2014/01/10...on-to-dodger-stadium-for-stadium-series-game/

I still haven't decided where to pregame but I know there are some dive bars in Chinatown. The biggest disgrace of this whole circus is the lack of tailgating. I guess they are having some sort of contrived tailgate party before the game.. Yay!

We have a good pre game spot around the corner from a Dodger Stadium. Two words: Beer garden

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
You always know something is going well when it hits living social:
What you get
•Choice of Top Deck, Loge Level, or Field Box MVP Ticket
•Each Ticket Comes With Access to VIP Pre-Game Party with Food, Drinks, Music, and Free Shuttle to Stadium
•Includes Choice of Hat or Scarf and an Official Ticket Holder Lanyard

Catch the two Los Angeles pro hockey teams take to the outdoor ice when you use this deal for your pick of ticket packages. Held at LA's beloved ballpark in the heart of the city, this event rediscovers the joy of outdoor hockey and adds in the thrill of having top-ranked pro hockey teams battle it out in the open air.

Choose from the following ticket offers, which each includes access to the VIP pre-game party with food, entertainment, and unlimited beer, wine, and soft drinks; choice of scarf or hat; and an official ticket holder lanyard:

• $185 ($343 value) for one top deck ticket in sections 1 to 13
• $225 ($483 value) for one loge level ticket in sections 165 and 166
• $265 ($293 value) for one field box MVP ticket in sections 1 to 25

https://www.livingsocial.com/events...id=1008177-outdoor-pro-hockey-game-vip-ticket

You forgot Pre-game is at Harvey House at Union Station.

6:30 p.m. | Puck drops
2 p.m. | Check in for pre-game party begins
2:30 p.m. | Pre-game party begins at Harvey House at Union Station
Free shuttle between the pre-game party and the stadium available

I'm tempted, I'll see what my friends say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad