Stadium Series seating

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Hey guys, I'm looking to purchase tickets for the Outdoor game and just wanted to see what's the best seating or maybe places where not to sit. Should I go higher up or try to stay in the middle? Any help is appreciated.. thank you!! :handclap:

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
From what I saw, HIGHER UP if you want to WATCH the Game, though those seats are going to be more costly ... it's like the total reverse of the baseball seating closer to the field will be cheaper and provide horrible sight lines to see the game, Higher up you'll at least see down onto the ice but you'll also be further away.

While I'm sure the experience will be once in a lifetime and the tail gating and such will be great ... at the prices I saw listed ... the BEST seat was at home in front of the 70" HDTV. :nod:

Congrats and Enjoy the event though :yo: I'm sure it will be a story to tell, and you will have Fun ... I just couldn't justify it. :(

BSFM-5RCAAEZeKS.jpg

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Thank you guys! I will just pick whatever I think is good. I just want to go for the experience as well.. because who knows if this is going to happen again and I don't get to go to a lot of Kings games during the season. I am so excited.. and PUCK, I don't think my 24in tv will do it justice ;)

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Those should be the BEST seats in the house according to the pricing structure ... $279 a pop ... meh I'll save my cash for Playoff tickets :nod:

Apparently the better seats were going for $1,000 a pop when he bought them(during the STH window). We're gonna be in okay seats, but not great. Still gonna be relatively low and you wanna be higher up.

Looks like they killed the primary market too. Ticket sales have to really have slowed down if they are considering dropping prices and refunding money. I don't think I've ever heard of that happening for a sporting event. What happened to the "they are selling faster than any preious outdoor game"? You know there are more than a few people who bought extras as an investment. There are over 1500 tickets on Barry's Tickets and 4500 on StubHub. Only 25 completed auctions for tickets on ebay since late September.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
80% sold (~40K) is still pretty good. Especially when you consider the inflated prices.

The NHL effectively killed the secondary market with the aggressively priced seats.

It's pretty insane to think they could charge that much and not expect some issues. I know plenty of people who want to go, be feel the NHL over priced the game and now would rather watch the game on tv. Looks like their greed from the Winter Classic found its way to the stadium series. :shakehead

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
80% sold (~40K) is still pretty good. Especially when you consider the inflated prices.

The NHL effectively killed the secondary market with the aggressively priced seats.

I think there is no way the event is 80% sold if they are dropping ticket prices. I've been a customer of AEG for a long time (Galaxy season ticket holder, long time Kings fan) and I've never seen them drop prices before on any event ever.

I'd be shocked if the event is actually 80% sold. I'll bet money there is some fine print there (like the king's allotment is 80% sold) or some other type thing.

Last edited:
I think there is no way the event is 80% sold if they are dropping ticket prices. I've been a customer of AEG for a long time (Galaxy season ticket holder, long time Kings fan) and I've never seen them drop prices before on any event ever.

I'd be shocked if the event is actually 80% sold. I'll bet money there is some fine print there (like the king's allotment is 80% sold) or some other type thing.

The NHL has total control of the tickets. Regardless if that figure is accurate or not, it is still not surprising to me. I'm a huge Kings fan. I have Kings **** everywhere. I waste so much money on the Kings and I nearly choked when I first saw the prices. I managed to get a holiday pack and get a $50 ticket and that is the only reason I'm goin. I won't be able to see **** but that is fine. There is no way I was going to pay $300 for a ticket and watch a team of ants play hockey.

But by my calculations, there are still over 10,000 tickets left. That is more than 50% of Staples Center. Considering the STH base has already bought their share and then some (most people bought extras thinking there would be no supply left to the regular public) and tickets have been on sale to the general public for a month or so, I think it is telling the are considering dropping prices AND refunding money. There are also 1500 tickets on Barry's Tickets and 4500 tickets on Stub Hub. That is 6,000 tickets on the secondary market and 10,000+ available at face value still. The most telling is the amount of completed and sold listing on Ebay. 25 sold tickets or ticket packages on ebay since the end of September.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/12/27/kiss-kiss-is-playing-the-stadium-series-game/

Now that KISS is performing at the Stadium Series game, expect to see this at the game:
young-kiss-fans-aka-miniature-kisses.jpg

Forgot to say: this is reason enough not to go! Good Lord...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad