Rumor: St. Louis trying to move salary/Will likely trade Kevin Shattenkirk

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Let's get er done.

Pass. Krejci becomes our #1C but he's too old and dat cap hit....

Agreed, i'd rather have JVR+, due to age and contract, and yes i know it only adds to our logjam at LW

INteresting to read the three comments. I use Krejci over Spooner (younger, cap hit cheaper) because Krejci is a proven playoff performer that I see the Blue lack. I also think he's an offensive forward waiting for a non-Julien system. He's also the same age as Stastny moving forward giving them the option to move Paul and keep David next year.

Have Krejci and Stastny this year for a run. Next year move Stastny (for a huge return) or re-sign him and have them both locked up as the 1-2 in St.Louis.

Again, follow both teams and trying to get the needs down on a deal that makes both teams better this year and next.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
INteresting to read the three comments. I use Krejci over Spooner (younger, cap hit cheaper) because Krejci is a proven playoff performer that I see the Blue lack. I also think he's an offensive forward waiting for a non-Julien system.

Again, follow both teams and trying to get the needs down on a deal that makes both teams better this year and next.

Blues need to shift their focus to the future. Krecji is more of a now option. I would have picked it at the beginning of the season but not now. I'd rather move Shattenkirk for futures and do a retool.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Blues need to shift their focus to the future. Krecji is more of a now option. I would have picked it at the beginning of the season but not now. I'd rather move Shattenkirk for futures and do a retool.

I disagree and think the new coach and hopefully a surge from Allen or outside help has this team right back into the WCF talk.

If Krejci isn't a move worth making then I'd assume the better option is Spooner + one of the Bruins top prospects like Lauzon/Lindgren/JFK/DeBrusk/Senyshyn (yeah, our GM basically sold NHL players for picks the last couple years) would make more sense than the other offers I am seeing here.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I disagree and think the new coach and hopefully a surge from Allen or outside help has this team right back into the WCF talk.

If Krejci isn't a move worth making then I'd assume the better option is Spooner + one of the Bruins top prospects like Lauzon/Lindgren/JFK/DeBrusk/Senyshyn (yeah, our GM basically sold NHL players for picks the last couple years) would make more sense than the other offers I am seeing here.

I'm not familiar enough with those guys to put together a deal.

If I'm moving Shattenkirk, my price would still be knee jerk reaction high.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I could see the Blues being interested in Krejci if Boston made him available for Shattenkirk, assuming Krejci was willing to waive (which I don't think he would be), but they can't afford to take back K. Miller in the deal as well. Zero need for that contract with the Blues organizational depth on defense being what it is.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I could see the Blues being interested in Krejci if Boston made him available for Shattenkirk, assuming Krejci was willing to waive (which I don't think he would be), but they can't afford to take back K. Miller in the deal as well. Zero need for that contract with the Blues organizational depth on defense being what it is.
I could see the Blues being interested too, but Boston would need to retain some on Krejci. Either that or add a future to it.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
A 30 year old Krejci at $7.25 million for 4 more years, Can't see St Louis being all that interested and that's even if Krejci would waive his NMC for St Louis thought Krejci loved it there in Boston can't see this happening.

Even though Krejci is a good player, I want no part of him. Not the direction I want to go at this stage. I want young ascending players.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Even though Krejci is a good player, I want no part of him. Not the direction I want to go at this stage. I want young ascending players.

Exactly i think Armstrong would want a younger top line Centerman. For where St Louis needs to be Krejci is too old. Guys like McDavid, Matthews even Larkin those kind of guys are where St Louis should be heading not a 30 year old Krejci. And i'm not advocating any of them would ever be available just suggesting the age range of players in the future that could help St Louis.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Exactly i think Armstrong would want a younger top line Centerman. For where St Louis needs to be Krejci is too old. Guys like McDavid, Matthews even Larkin those kind of guys are where St Louis should be heading not a 30 year old Krejci. And i'm not advocating any of them would ever be available just suggesting the age range of players in the future that could help St Louis.

Id target guys in their mid 20s. Match the age of the current core. Unless we get an uber talent loke McDavid/Matthews, I would worry that the centerman would hit his pro stride till the current core past their prime years.

So id look to aquire top picks/prospects to trade for established players.

Also known as....find a way to get someone like Matt Duchene

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Id target guys in their mid 20s. Match the age of the current core. Unless we get an uber talent loke McDavid/Matthews, I would worry that the centerman would hit his pro stride till the current core past their prime years.

If you want someone like Duchene, you got to do something like re-sign Shattenkirk and trade Parayko

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I just realized that the Blues are only 3 points up on the 28th place team in the league. Going off that I think the Blues should try to trade away Shatty ASAP, as well as Berglund (even tho I want him to return next season) and try to go for a top 5-10 pick in this draft. I wonder how much we can get for the guys with bigger contracts and rentals.

The guy's I want to see traded are
Shattenkirk
Berglund(Not really a want, but a possible need, and then try to resign him in the off season)
Lehtera+retention
Gunnerson

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Totally agree that Duchene would be the perfect fit for the Blues, As long as you've the proper assets to acquire him. Sakic probably would want Parayko and that would be a no go from the Blue's and rightfully so.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Would Leafs fans trade William Nylander fpr Kevin Shattenkirk locked up 7 x 7?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Totally agree that Duchene would be the perfect fit for the Blues, As long as you've the proper assets to acquire him. Sakic probably would want Parayko and that would be a no go from the Blue's and rightfully so.

Yep, Id look to get pieces that he'd want. Does Boston get desperate enough to consider McAvoy for Shattenkirk? Unlikely...I know but something like that would be my price till the TDL, then it would go to the 1st+B prospect/A if there are several teams after him.

If the Blues throw in the towel and sell off some other guys like Berglund and Boumeester(full **** it mode). They could set themselves up with some good picks, maybe a few firsts. Ive read some reports that teams arent clutching onto the 1sts as much this year

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
What about targetting futures in a Shatty trade you could then flip for Duchene (i.e. young LHD)...? Or is that too complicated/convoluted?

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
That would be our only option. Get assets now and target Duchene in the offseason

Seems to me it's that or acquire a prospect center that would potentially resolve your center woes down the road

...how long do you see your window being open? Most of your core guys aren't that old ~ is a retool a pretty viable option? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad