Seravalli: St. Louis Blues are exploring a trade for Vladimir Tarasenko

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lol maroon is a bottom 6 player. Tarasenko if healthy is 35 goal scorer. If you can't see the difference then you should not post.

Maroon score 27 goals with McDavid and that is the point we don't need to pay for a guy that carries a big cap hit for McDavid to be effective . Don't get me wrong Tarasenko is a very good player if he is healthy . My point is we have to pinch pennies as we have 2 players taking up 1/4 of the cap . As Holland said money in money has to go out . I am sure St Louis will get a good haul for him . With our cap challenges it would just be too hard to fill out our roster properly
Making offers such as this is better kept in your own brain. Tarasenko is not a cap dump by any measure, he can always be placed on LTIR if hurt. Your offer though, it's worth negative value.

Reactions: YP44

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
It’s kind of sad that fans are reduced to this. The Devils not too long ago were the team to be on, but I mean they did so well for themselves that they never needed to really add anyone. When I think of the old Devils its like Arnott, Holik, Sykora, Madden Mckay, Langenbrunner. I miss those days even though I was never rooting for them.

I really wasn't getting into a deeper Devils combo - just from the sound of things that Tarasenko's list is short. If it is short (like 6-8 teams) I don't think NJ typically ends on the list in part because of where they are at in the rebuild but also possibly other factors - climate or state income tax come to mind. If the list is longer - say 16 or so then it is much more possible the Devils are on there.

I would sign off on the risk of the late first plus Boqvist given that a shooting scoring winger would be a good add for the Devils.

If Vlad is being picky it will surely hamper what St Louis can get. Maybe if he sees a lack of interest from his "preferred" teams maybe he expands his list - who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad